Sad Eyes

Sad Eyes

Jay couldn't help but drop his head and keep his eyes on the counter in front of him. His mind had been filled with unwanted memories for the past few days, but he couldn't get himself to admit it.

Sitting across the counter, Hyorin kept her gaze on the man she cared deeply about. She carefully placed the mug of coffee down on the counter before speaking up enough to catch his attention, "You look upset."

Jay picked his head up only to look at the younger female in front of him. He forced a small smile that only told the latter that anything that was going to be released through his very lips were going to be a lie. "I'm fine," He surely lied, and Hyorin was right to not buy it.

She admits that she didn't know the guy all her life, but only about a year. Despite the short period of their friendship, it was safe to say she knew him like the back of her hand. "You're lying," She sighed as she pushed herself from the stool to make her way beside him, "I can see it in your eyes that you're lying."

Jay knew he couldn't get himself out of this one to only breathe out a sigh himself as he looked away to avoid her eyes. Although she was right, he still couldn't get himself to admit it to her. He kept himself leaned over the counter and picked his own cup of coffee to take a sip from it.

Hyorin decided against interrogating the already pained one, so she merely rubbed the older's back in a way to let him know she was there for him before leaning to his cheek to kiss, "I'm here for you, alright? Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll pass." She gives him a smile as soon as his head darts in her direction, a hint of surprise in it, but she senses the slight smile on his lips as well.

"Thank...you," He softly replies before looking back at his cup. "Let's head out today - somewhere, anywhere. I need a distraction for awhile." Hyorin merely nodded before sliding her fingers into the back of his head and lays her head on his shoulder. "I'll take you anywhere you want to."

Smiling, she wraps her free arm around his waist in a hug, appreciative of his words, "Alright, Jay."