You are my only .. (II)

You are my only.

Staring at the tombstone for a long time, he lost track of the time. He never noticed the footstep behind him. Someone lightly tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and was shocked and could not believe his eyes. There was she standing in front of him, her look never changed, she was still as young as the day they had parted. But wait, she was already gone. Who was this lady?

"Hi, are you Mr Kang? I am Yoo Min. The grand daughter of Song Ji Hyo. My granny knew that you might be back. So you requested for me to keep a lookout for you." He was confused. "You mean she knew that I was searching for her." "Yes. All these years she knew that you had kept her in the thoughts. Can we have a talk? There is a cafe nearby, if you don't mind, we can walk there." He nodded his head and she guided him to the cafe.

She helped him to order a warm coffee and she herself ordered a hot Americano. "You are like your granny. There was once my family got hold of some coffee power. I took some to share with her. She liked it black without any milk." She smiled and nodded her head. "Yes from young, granny told me I looked like her, she adored me and our character are similar. We were very close." "Did she die peacefully without pain?" "Yes she did. One day she just did not wake up from her sleep. She died peacefully. Mr Kang, I had something for you. She entrusted me to pass it to you if she was gone. She had not forgotten you. You are always in a special place in her heart. From young, I noticed that granny was always a bit distant from grandpa. They respected each other but I could see a gap between them. Granny always looked so lonely in regardless who were around her. When I am older, I decided to ask her why she looked so lonely. After much persuasion, she finally told me a story. A story of you and her. The war broke you all apart. My grandpa saved her and her family life. Feeling in debt she married him as he always loved her. But part of her heart had locked up for you. She knew that you had send people to search for her, but all were too late. She was already married and she knew that she had a family now. So she just continued her normal life. Few years ago after my grandpa passed on, her health also weaken due to old age. One day she called me to her side and passed me this box. She wanted me to pass to you when she was gone." She held up a old tin box and passed it to him. 

He looked at the box and tears rolled down his cheek. He recognized this box. It was the first present he had given her. It was a wooden box, they saw it in a store and she fall in love with it so he bought it as a gift for her. Yoo Min bid farewell and he sat there staring at the box for long. Finally he decided to open it. Inside the box were several items. A dry flower, a pair of earrings, a old faded photo and a letter. It was the flower that he plucked for her along the grassland, the only earrings he had gotten for her and the only photo they had taken. He took out the letter and opened it. It was a letter to him. 

"Hee Gun.. thank you for all your love and I am sorry I am unable to repay your love. When you see this letter, it means I am gone to a faraway place. I hope if there is an after life, I will be able to repay what I owe you. Do take care and farewell." 

He knew that she was gone and he had lost her forever. He quietly closed the box and looked out into the sky. Maybe one day, they will meet. Maybe.