Big Move

Change

(Y/N) POV

 
‘Today is the day’ you whispered to yourself. 
 
Deciding to live in Korea is the biggest decision of my life. I can’t believe that my parents planned all of this for me. The fresh cold breath of wind welcomed me, it feels like moving here is going to be delightful. I can start a new beginning here, and forget all the miserable things that happened to me back home. 
 
I stood in front of the school gate ‘Seoul International School’. Since i’m a foreigner here, i go to an international school. My heartbeat is beating so hard, i’m so nervous. i placed my hand in front of my beating chest and try to calm it down. ‘It’s going to be okay, (Y/N)’ i tell myself. 
 
Flashback 
 
‘oh my god, look at her, so disgusting’
‘omg such a loner’
‘so fat, omg i can’t look’
‘look at her face, ah, i think i’m blind’ 
This is a routine for me, every lunch time, these kind of conversation always go on in the cafeteria about me. I have a lunch spot, I always sit in the very back of the cafeteria, alone. I always plug my earphone in my ears, but i never played my music. Instead, i listen to the hateful insults i receive from other people. I use this technique so that no one will bother me, or try to talk to me (what am i saying, no one never approaches me, or try to be my friend..) 
 
I hated myself, i was depressed, and there was no one to help. Even my family thinks i’m nuts, they thought that i was overreacting and trying to catch their attention. The only person who understood me was my sister, we are only one year apart, so maybe that’s why she’s aware of my feelings. I am in a family of 4, so there’s me, my sister, my mom, and my dad. My mom is always away with her friends, shopping in fancy stores and only cares about her ‘image’, even though she cares about us, she prioritise luxury, whereas my dad is a businessman, he owns one of the biggest clothing companies in the country, he’s always busy and never have time for me and my family, but he loves me and my sister very much. My sister was in a different school, so we don’t spend time together that much, only at home, but i rarely see her now because she’s busy preparing for university. That is what i’m dreading the most, she’s going to leave me alone this hell hole, she’s going abroad for university, and i don’t have anyone that i can share my stories and feelings with. She left for university 4 months ago.. so it’s just me, alone now. 
 
The day that i had enough. This was the day i decided to move far away from this place. It was a typical day at school, people were talking about me, and insulting me (as per usual). “Hey (Y/N), come here for a while” Demi motioned me to come over. She was one of the typical queenkas. I was confused as to why she called me, she always avoided me whenever i’m in her sight. The strange thing was that she put a genuine smile while she told me to come over. i was somehow in captured by her smile, so i reluctantly went over to the classroom. It was dark, the blindfolds shielded the window, i couldn’t see anything at all. she brought me to the middle of the class, ‘Stay here, okay?’ Demi’s voice accompanied me. ‘Okay’ i replied silently. A few second afterwards, the projector in front of me lit up, it played a video. It was a video of me. 'what is happening?’ i said to myself. The video was short, quick, and on point, it’s my classmates mimicking me, wearing a mask of my face, doing inappropriate things. i just stood there in shock. After the video had finished, the light . My classmates circling me, each one holding a bucket, it was filled with water, eggs, trash, flour, all kinds of things. ‘3,2,1!’ Demi shouted, and they threw the things to me at once. i clutched my arms in front of me, covering my head and face. Then, i wiped my glasses which was covered by egg yolks. ‘What the do you guys want from me?!’ i shouted angrily. They were silenced by my suprising action, i have to admit, they were pretty scared of me right now. ‘You know what you are.. you’re a ing piece of , you’re ing worthless’ Demi sneered. I slowly walk towards her, i could see that she was nervous from my blurry vision. i stood in front of her, closing the close space between us, looking her in the eyes, ‘ you.’ i left the classroom, and ran towards the restroom. I locked myself in one of the stall and cried my feelings out. I skipped all of my classes, instead i stayed inside the stall, crying and thinking. ‘i had enough of this ’ i said to myself. i sat in the same position for almost 8 hours. I decided to go home, and talk to my parents about my decision. 
 
‘Mom, dad? are you home?’ i shouted as it echoes. ‘we’re in the garden’ dad replied. I walk towards them angrily while covered in eggs, flour, trash, and other kinds of disgusting things. ‘I have someth—‘ 
‘Why are you all dirty like this?’ mom interrupted me while holding her cup of tea. Dad turned away from the newspaper and into my body. ‘What the hell happened to you?’ my dad asked me sympathetically. ‘th- the thing is..’ i said trying to hold back the tears ‘everyone at school despises me because of the way i look.. a-and they did this to me because i’m..’ 
 
‘(Y/N).. we need to stop this.’ Dad interrupted me. ‘b-but how..’ i asked while starting to tear up. ‘How about you move school?’ he
suggested. ‘Where to?’ i asked back. ‘to Korea.’ he replied once again. When i heard Korea, i was quite thrilled, and it eased my worries a bit. The thing is.. i love korean music. I even learned Korean in my spare time, i can almost speak it fluently because i’m a fast learner and all. Because of this thought, i said ‘YES! I’ll go to Korea!’ i replied my dad without hesitating. ‘Good. cause i already made the plan’ he said. ‘huh?' i asked. My mother sat me down carefully in the bench while trying to clean my school uniform. ‘i have known about this bullying incident for about 2 weeks now.. and i’m sorry for not doing anything about it, and i don’t want to use work as an excuse. Before, we really thought that you were overreacting, but i saw what they did to you at school..’ ‘wait, you were at my school? why?’ i asked. ‘i was trying to give your birthday present, but you we’re already rushing to school.’ he said. ‘oh’ i said, it kind of surprised me that he had time to buy me a gift when he’s so busy with work, i was touched. ‘but then while i was walking behind you, the students were throwing insults and bad names at you, so i decided to hide and just.. observe. oh, and i’m sorry that i never gave you the present, it’s in your room right now..’ he said. ‘well, i guess it’s fine that you didn’t do anything about it at that time, or else everything would be worse that it already is..’ i replied. ‘no, you’re wrong.. i should have done something to prevent this from happening.. and i’m sorry’ he said while tearing up. ‘no dad it’s fine.. so what’s the plan again?’ i said trying to change the topic. (sigh) ‘okay, i worked things out with my friend in Korea, do you remember uncle Woojin?’ he asked. ‘yeah, uncle Kim Woojin?’ i replied. ‘You’re going to live there under his supervision, and you’re going to stay in an apartment i bought for you.’ he replied. ‘Wait, wait, wait, i’m gonna live with uncle Woojin?’ i asked. ‘No dear, he’s gonna live next-door with his nephews’ said dad reassuring me. ‘oh okay’ i sighed in relief. ‘i thought he didn’t have any siblings..’ i asked again. ‘He work as a manager of one of the biggest music company called JYP, he’s in charge of these boys, so they’re living together.’ he answered me. ‘oh and don’t do anything stupid when you’re living there, they’re your age so—‘ my dad said when i interrupted and said ‘ugh dad, how is this *points and body* going to attract anyone?’ i replied. ‘you’re beautiful. honey’ my mom replied. 
 
After the comforting conversation with my parents, i felt very secure and loved, knowing that they cared about me after all of us shared our feelings. My parents decided that i should quit my current school and prepare for leaving to Korea. They’re not worried about my education because i always get straight A’s and i learn fast. I went back to my room and showered. I felt relieved, beyond relieved actually. It’s the first time in years that i can truly express my happiness, and i do that by listening to my favourite korean music. I love every type of music, but I love Korean music more, idk why teehee. I have a strong passion for music, and i love to sing. I picked up my guitar and sat in my bed, i began to sing IU’s peach, and recorded it, only an audio version of course. i uploaded my covers to youtube, and i have about 403,902 subscribers now. I know, it’s pretty amazing.. but they don’t know who’s the person behind the voice. My username is ‘Voiceisunheard', and this technique somehow builds my self confidence. I thought to myself… i needed to change, mentally and physically to build up my confidence overall. I only have 2 months left before going to Korea, so i still have time to change my appearance. 
 
One month later..
 
‘Okay it’s weighing time.. it’s now or never..’ i said to myself. I stepped on the weighing scale and closed my eyes. *beep* it sounded, determining my current weight. ‘Holy , i lost 10kg already?’. i jumped out go the scale and did my victory dance. I decided to wear clear contact lenses with prescription, instead of my glasses. I also changed my hairstyle, it was more chic looking now. I’m so happy with my appearance now. 
 
One month later.. (at the airport)
 
‘is everything set, do you have everything with you?’ said dad while looking over the things in the car. ‘yea dad for the 18th time, yes’ i said reassuring him. ‘Honey, you don’t know how much i’m going to miss you’ said mom. ‘I’m gonna miss you lots mom’ i said hugging her. ‘I love you so much’ my dad said, and then followed by my mom. ‘I love you guys too’ i replied to them. ‘Flight number _____ is now boarding to Korea’ said the announcer. ‘Well, that’s for me.. bye for now..’ i said while looking at my mom tearing up. ‘Have a safe flight dear!’ my mom shouted. I nodded as i enter the gate. 
 
Present time..
 
‘Whoa this school is way bigger than my old one..’ i thought to myself. I was quite lost actually, i don’t know where my class is. i stood in the hallway for a long time.
 
‘Uh, excuse me, are you new to this school’ a guy with red hair and amazing features towered me 
 
‘y-yes, i’m supposed to be in this class, but i can’t find my way..’ i told him giving the paper with my class number written on it. 
 
‘oh, cool, we’re in the same class!’ he said with his blazing smile. I can’t believe a guy is actually talking to me (ahhh so happy)
 
‘here come with me’ he said leading me to the classroom. 
[Walks to class together]
 
‘Here we are! oh, and my name is Mark, sorry for not introducing myself to you earlier’ he said. 
 
‘Oh no problem, my name is (Y/N)’ i replied
 
‘HEY MARK!’ a guy rushed towards us
 
‘Oh hello there pretty thang’ he said wriggling his eyebrows
 
‘u- uhm..’ i said stuttering and blushing
 
’This is my best friend Jackson’ *points at jackson*
 
‘Sorry he’s kinda wild and flirty’ said Mark
 
’Don’t you mean Wild and y?’ said Jackson 
 
‘uh, no.’ Mark replied giving jackson a sarcastic look, which made jackson leave to his other friends
 
‘H-hey mark, is there an empty seat for me?’ I asked. 
 
‘There’s one next to mine, well.. if you don't mind sitting next to me..” he said shyly
 
‘Sure’ i replied with a smile
 
‘Yeay! i was hoping you would sit next to me’ he said
 
‘Why is that?’ i asked again
 
‘Wha- what nothing’ he stuttered
 
He showed me the way to my seat. He was next to the windows and i was in his right side. 
 
*Bell rings*