Chapter 2

I don't know.. I am confused.. I love her?

 

“Hey..”

 

I blink my tired eyes at someone sitting opposite me across the hall.

 

“Hi, friend! Come here and join us.”

 

Waving her hands frantically at me in her attempt to draw my attention, she keeps calling me over to join her group.

 

Arr.. I want to rest..

 

Sliding down the wall, I turn myself facing the opposite direction away from her trying to doze off once again.

 

She stops calling.

 

Finally.. peace..

 

A second later, I feel a tug on my shirt and a cautious “Hello” echo beside me.

 

Pretending to sleep, I ignore her and put on a deaf ear.

 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon, wake up! The agent will scold you for sleeping in the hall again. Join the group activity.”

 

My roomate, Kwon Yuri slaps me on the back and tugs me to my feet roughly.

 

“I don’t want to. They won’t notice me here if I lay silently. Let me cont..”

 

My sentence is broken off by a sudden announcement.

 

“ALL STUDENTS MUST PARTICIPATE IN GROUP ACTIVITIES AND NO EXCEPTION IA ALLOWED!”

 

The chief agent glares at my direction.

 

Dang…

 

Fine.. Thanks a bunch for attention grabbing call from the noisy girl..

 

Me and Yuri join the brunettel group which form a circle..

 

She speaks up and explains the rules of the game to us.

 

“Now, when the music starts, everyone will start passing their phones to the next person. And then stop passing when the music stops… everyo~…”

 

Blah~blah~blah~…

 

“Now, let’s start. Everyone try your best! Okay?”

 

She is filled with excitement and bobbing up and down.

 

I interrupt her.

 

“I am gonna use my student card. Didn’t bring my phone.”

 

Putting my card down, everyone looks at the brunette for confirmation.

 

What?!

 

She is leader?!

 

No way.. she is like a kid high on chocolate or something..

 

Yuri stares at me and step in fast to cover the WTH! expression on my face.

 

“Me too. Sorry. And come on.. let’s start. Other groups are starting already. Don’t want to be late, don’t we?”

 

The brunette looks at me with confusion and plug in the music.

 

And, so the game begins..

 

This is a very easy to play game for me… but the rest of them especially the brunette keep going the wrong way.

 

These continue for a couple of rounds and I can’t stand to watch things go haywire any more.

 

Other groups are succeeding but ours are stuck in this mess.

 

“Wait! You are going the wrong way. After the music stops for the second time, we suppose to pass it back to the opposite direction.. Not the same one..”

 

She interrupts, “No, this is right! According to the instruction, this is the right way. Follow me everyone.”

 

The whole group follows her without even asking anything.

 

“NO. WAIT EVERYONE!” I speak in a louder voice.

 

“Please continue!” the brunette ignores me.

 

“I am telling you, this is wrong. You won’t get your phone back like this.”

 

“Yes, I will,” she says to me and smile.

 

Dang her..

 

Stubborn girl…

 

Like a stubborn buffalo..

 

Well..

 

As you wish.. I lose nothing here..

 

Yuri pats my shoulder and mouth “just go with it” to me.

 

As my prediction, the game turns out to be wrong I her direction and right in mine when the agent turns up to check each group.

 

“Hi.. you are right. Your way is the correct one,” one random girl from the group point at me.

 

“Yeah.. it is too late now.”

 

The brunette stands up and goes somewhere else skipping happily like nothing happens.

 

Oh please..

 

Don’t let me be in the same group with her again..

 

The orientation for the day end and every students heads out of the hall back to their dormitory.

 

While everyone are scrambling to find their own shoes near the staircase, I push my through the crowd and dragging Yuri along back to our dorm.

 

Suddenly, a few step in front of me, a sudden shout echo and a head disappear suddenly down to the ground.

 

Someone fall down the staircase and it is the brunette girl earlier.

 

“Arrghh!! My is painful!”

 

Everyone in front helps her.

 

“Let’s go,” I drag Yuri off.

 

“Don’t we help?” Yuri looks back to the girl.

 

“No need. She got tons of people around here. And we are just extras.”

 

“I bet it is painful. Poor her,” Yuri say with concern.

 

I laugh and add.

 

“And I bet there will be a ‘world-map’ size of a bruise on her . Come on. We reach our room.”