End

Teaching the wolf king a lesson

Taeyeon POV
"Micheosseo?" I shouted as I tugged my hand from his grasp, glaring at him as I held my sore wrist which was red from his tight hold. 

He then rushed towards me as I moved backwards until my back was up against the wall with him pinning me on it. He moved closer with a dark look on his face as his eyes were clouded with jealousy and anger, he then whispered dangerously in my ear "Yes I am crazy Taeyeon, crazy because of you."

I trembled at his voice as I stuttered "I...I d.....don't know w....why you're like th....this Kyungsoo" Frustration now coursed through him as he clenched his fists before slamming it on the wall behind me, gritting his teeth, while I remained confused and scared because of his behaviour.

He then fiercely gazed into my eyes with much intensity that I couldn't keep eye contact any longer, for the fear of possibly being burnt to a crisp from his fiery gaze. This seemed to antagonise him as he growled at my actions before grabbing me by the chin and making me look at him. "Don't you dare look away from me Kim Taeyeon!" He scowled as his gaze was once again locked on me.

"Look at me alone and no one else Taeyeon, otherwise I'll lose myself and go crazy just like this." Kyungsoo said desperately, as if his fierce anger and jealousy had only been but a wall that was slowly breaking down to reveal a fragile, hurt Kyungsoo who was vehemently trying to monopolise me.

The fear I once felt vanished completely as my heart was now filled with warmth and care for this careless, hot tempered and vulnerable man in front of me. Kyungsoo was now looking down at the floor, still having his arms on either side of me as he kept me against the wall, but his back was now slumped and his arms were no longer strongly pinning me on the wall. I then began to move my arms slowly and gently to wrap around his neck into a hug, bringing his head down to lean on my shoulder as I hugged him tightly while softly running my fingers through his hair as I whispered to him "Kyungsoo, I'm not quite sure yet as to why you are acting this way but let me reassure you that I love you and only you." I then brought his face to look at me as I stared at him lovingly saying "That means in my eyes there is you and only you." I then brought his hand to my chest saying "You are the only one who can make my heart beat this way, the only one to make me feel this kind of love because if you haven't noticed I have given you my heart trusting that you won't break it as you have given me yours. So please don't ever doubt my love and my feelings for you, because it hurts me to see you this way and it especially hurts me to think that you don't have the same trust in me as I do in you." 

Tears were now running down my face at the thought that Kyungsoo didn't trust me to not break his heart. Kyungsoo who had been quietly listening to me then began to wipe away my tears and caressing my face. I moved in to his caress, wanting to feel more of his warmth which was eminating from his hand. "I don't doubt your love Taeyeon. It's just I can't help but feel jealous with all those men fawning over you even though you're mine. You are so beautiful and kind while I'm a tyrant, scarred from war, how did I ever get so lucky to have you love me? Even I don't know but I hope you do know that I will never let you go Taeyeon and I am sorry about that. You will have to go through a lot of hardships as long as you are with me and I can't help but hate myself for my selfishness because I know that I don't have it in me to let you go and live a happy and fulfilled life without me. Who knows what I might do if you ever tried to leave me Taeyeon. I would probably lock you up and keep you all to myself, never to see anyone other than me. That is the extent of my possessiveness and selfishness Taeyeon, are you sure you can still find it within yourself to love someone like me?" Kyungsoo whispered to me with much passion and seriousness in his eyes with an authoritative tone that sent shivers down my spine.

A smirk then appeared on my face as I pulled his hand away from my face and entwined both of our hands together as I looked at him deeply with a cheeky glint in my eyes as I then moved close to his ear and whispered dangerously, "My dear Kyungsoo, did you already forget how I punished you many times for even looking at another besides me? You should know by now who is more possessive out of the two of us, am I right my king?" I smirked seeing this so called evil tyrant gulp and shiver at my whisper. Only Kyungsoo and those who have ever crossed me know this dark side of me, as it takes a lot to make me act like this.

I then moved away from his ear to look at his now pale face, which is from what I can see, a result of remembering my previous punishments. I then chuckled as I broke him out of his trip down memory lane saying "Now that everything is clear, I'll just go back to the party to greet the guests." I then let go of his hands and made my way to the hall where all of our guests were residing. But just as I was about to enter Kyungsoo grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me back to face him. He had his head down as he continued to hold onto my hand mumbling "Don't go just yet."

I giggled at this cute side of the so called ferocious wolf king, labelled at tyrant throughout the land. I then moved in to hug this adorable wolf king to which he reciprocated as his hands slowly made its way around my waist. We stood there for a while in silence, just enjoying each other's embrace until I saw one of our ministers signalling us to hurry up and greet the guests. I cheekily grinned at him before mouthing 'Okay', giving him a thumbs up. He understood and then went about greeting guests himself and directing them in.

"Kyungsoo, we'd better go and greet the guests now. Oh and remember not to look at other girls while I'm not by your side, or else~" I said sweetly but I'm sure he got the message as he now stood there frozen while I then made my way to the hall with a friendly smile on my face. 

Kyungsoo POV

My Queen is the only one to ever make me freeze up like that or make me feel fear, she's the only one that can affect me like this. I chuckled to myself as I thought of how she has me wrapped around her little finger, but that chuckle soon turned into a scowl as I saw that my Queen didn't have just me wrapped around her finger but also all the men at our banquet. There she is smiling and laughing as she is surrounded by those irritating young nobles. This is precisely why I got so angry before, seems like she didn't listen to what I said at all.

I sighed to myself as I then went to my seat at the banquet table, before gulping down my wine as I eyed all the men who were still surrounding my Queen with contempt. "Oh dear, your highness why are you sighing on such an occasion? Could it be you are unhappy with your Queen?" One of the court ladies said as she got closer but I just ignored her as I was occupied with my Queens clear ignorance towards my requests from earlier, my grip on my cup tightened seeing her smile away with all those guys around her while I'm here burning with jealousy by myself.

Then the court lady who had been talking to me, taking my ignorance of her closeness as a sign of acceptance, held onto my arm as she tried to get my attention. This overloaded my annoyance meter as I then lost my temper, glaring down at her with my wolf king demeanour growling out "Get your hands off of me and get lost." This had her shaking in fear as she finally got the message and quickly ran away from me. "Goodness, some people just can't seem to get that I'm taken already......." I said in frustration until I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. Uh oh. With my intuition I looked at the one person who would make me feel this way and I was right to think it was her. My Queen Kim Taeyeon was now enraged due to that little scene which just occurred but of course she kept up her happy facade while I could clearly see the fire in her eyes. Sensing this overwhelming anger I quickly made my way over to my now scary Queen trying to excuse the two of us as I needed to discuss something with my Queen, more like explain to her about what just happened in the hopes of calming her rage.

But it wasn't going to be easy as she then said venomously with a smile "Your Queen? Oh dear, it seems you have made a mistake your highness, I believe your Queen ran off after you scolded her my dear king." I looked at her in bewilderment as I told her to stop joking and tried to once again excuse ourselves to which she once again rejected, still maintaining her smiling face. The atmosphere was now tense with my mood darkening due to Taeyeons stubbornness while Taeyeon just kept on smiling at me like nothing was wrong. Sensing the mood those around us quickly left, not wanting to get in the middle of a fight between the two highest authority figures in the kingdom. Seeing that people were starting to notice our lovers spat I decided to grab Taeyeon by the wrist and drag her out of the hall so we could have some privacy.

As soon as we were out of the public eye, Taeyeons face immediately changed into a scowl as she pulled out of my grip harshly before glaring at me while rubbing her wrist grumbling "Aish, you made it worse." I then looked at her wrists to see they were red to which I remembered that I did that earlier when I was in a fit of jealousy. I quickly made my way towards her trying to check out her hand and apologise for being too rough but she slapped my hand away. She then stepped closely to me as she inhaled deeply before pushing me away with a look of contempt on her face as she said "You have another woman's scent on you."

"W...well you probably have another mans scent on you since you were surrounded by them." I stuttered out before becoming enraged at my own words. I then pulled her towards me and inhaled deeply, that's weird, all I could smell was her irresistible vanilla scent, not one hint of another mans scent except for myself. She then shoved me off of her and glared at me furiously saying "As you could probably tell, I don't have another mans scent on me seeing as I never let any of them touch me like you allowed with that girl on your arm. Know this now Kyungsoo, your punishment this time will be severe, you had better prepare yourself for not only am I angry at you for letting that woman touch you but I am also furious that you insinuated that I would ever let another man touch me other than you." She then left me there and went back to the hall with her facade back on, acting as if nothing had ever happened except for the cold and deadly glares she would give me and only me which chilled me to the core. She also ignored me for the remainder of the night and went to stay at her friends house, and may I add that certain friend happened to be male and from the rumours in the palace, he was also her previous lover.

I couldn't sleep at all that night, staying up till daybreak with my Queen walking in early in the morning, back from her sleepover. I hid behind one of the pillars as I watched her bid farewell to her 'friend', even giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before waving goodbye and closing the door. She then sighed before saying "I know your hiding there Kyungsoo, hurry up and come out." I face palmed myself for getting caught before coming out from behind the pillar chuckling nervously at possibly being reprimanded by Taeyeon but she just left me there without so much as a glance my way. Her actions made my heart squeeze painfully as she acted like I didn't even exist, walking past me like I was invisible, not even acknowledging my existence. Can my heart survive such emotional torture?

Third POV

A whole week went by with Taeyeon continuing to ignore the wolf king with Kyungsoo then proceeding to try and get the attention of his Queen and talk to her but his attempts resulted in failure time and time again leading to an irritated and frustrated wolf king. All of the kings ministers and subjects were fearful of the now short tempered, scary wolf king, who had changed his ways because of Taeyeon but was now back to his old ways if not even worse. They continuously pleaded to Taeyeon to forgive his majesty and stop ignoring him to which she would reply with her sweetest smile "Your king has yet to learn his lesson and it is my duty to teach it, so that he realises his mistake and grow as a leader and king." Making it impossible for any of the ministers or subjects to refute as they had all witnessed what had happened and understood the circumstances of the drawn out battle between their wolf king and his Queen who was now being described as a goddess of both love and war as she is able to make their cold hearted ruler feel love and able to wage war against their king and from the looks of it actually win.

However things were to take a turn for the worst as the wolf king had now snapped, ordering for the court lady who had started the whole dispute to be imprisoned and executed, taking out his frustration and rage on her. As soon as Taeyeon heard of this she stormed her way to the King shouting "Yah! What do you think you are doing!" Kyungsoo looked at her with a bored look on his face even though his heart was actually racing with happiness at the sight of her and the sound of her angelic voice even if she was angry at him. "What exactly are you referring to Taeyeon? If you want to know what I am doing right now then it would be resting." Kyungsoo said calmly.

"Don't play games with me Kyungsoo, now answer me, why exactly have you imprisoned that lady to be executed?" Taeyeon asked through gritted teeth, holding in her anger. Kyungsoo chuckled to himself before a smirk appeared on his face as he said "Let's just say that she is a casualty in our little war Taeyeon. But if you come back to my side then I will spare her even though she's the whole cause for our fight."

Taeyeon sighed as she said "Kyungsoo, you and I both know that she is not the cause for our fight. Our fight is much bigger than her mere involvement." Kyungsoo was confused at her words as he had thought that it was because of that court lady that Taeyeon was mad. "I don't get it, if it's not because of her then why are we still fighting?" Kyungsoo said in utter confusion which shocked Taeyeon and reignited her anger towards the king if not doubled her anger. "Wow, if you don't know why we are fighting then it seems this war will have to continue until you figure it out but release the poor girl, she has nothing to do with our quarrel. Now if you would excuse me, I do not wish to see your face right now." Taeyeon said exasperatedly as she moved to leave but was then pinned to the wall by Kyungsoo.

"Move Kyungsoo, I don't want to see you right now." Taeyeon said as she tried to leave but Kyungsoo refused to let her go as he asked "If it's not about her then why are we fighting Taeyeon?" Taeyeon just glared at him defiantly saying with a scoff "You really don't know? Well, didn't I say that I would wait until you figured it out?"

This angered the frustrated Kyungsoo whose grip tightened on Taeyeons arms as he demanded "Just tell me already, if you don't then I really will execute that woman."

"You wouldn't dare." Taeyeon said with a horrified look on her face as she looked Kyungsoo in the eyes, seeing the seriousness in his eyes scared her. "Wouldn't I?" Kyungsoo said dangerously as his expression darkened before he let her go and walked away from her saying "Come back to my side Taeyeon or that woman dies, those are the conditions."

"Kyungsoo..." Taeyeon said but was cut off as Kyungsoo said "Give me your answer tomorrow or else that girl is dead." Taeyeon then went to leave but looked back at Kyungsoo as she shouted "I really hate it when your like this. You tyrant!" Before slamming the door on her way out.

Kyungsoo sighed as his heart was hurting from Taeyeons words, but how else was he going to get her to come back to him, this is the only way he knows how. To ruthlessly give her no choice and exploit her kind heart is the only way he can be sure that she will come back to him in the fastest way possible. He had been enduring the days without her and he has finally reached his limit. "Come back to me soon Taeyeon. Give up on this war and just come back into my arms." Kyungsoo whispered to himself as he watched Taeyeon leaving the government house, making her way to the palace.

Taeyeon then looked up at the window Kyungsoo had been watching her from with a defiant look in her eyes saying "I won't let you have things your way Kyungsoo." Even though we love each other why have things come to this? I'm sorry Kyungsoo but it seems I will have to teach you the hard way that everything will not always go your way and to think that all I wanted and needed was for you to accept your wrong doing and apologise but of course you have your pride and reputation as king which you seem to hold more closely than our love, seeing as you don't even know why I am mad shows that I mean so little to you that you don't even listen to what I say. She thought as tears started to run down her face as she put her hood on and made her way back to the palace to initiate her plans.

The next day

Kyungsoo was waiting expectantly all day for his Queen to come back to him in exchange for saving the court lady he had imprisoned but she never came. In fact it was found out that Taeyeon had escaped with the court lady whom she is now hiding from the king. Hearing the news, Kyungsoo went on a rampage, breaking and shredding everything in his room. "Why? Why Taeyeon? Why would you leave me like this?" Kyungsoo whispered to himself as he let his pain and insecurities overwhelm him.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was travelling with the court lady whose name was Sunny to her lovers house Sungmin, the man she had stayed with the night of the fight with Kyungsoo. Sungmin was a friend of Taeyeons and explained the circumstances for why Sunny flirted with the king and asked her to protect her while she was still in the palace to which Taeyeon accepted. Which led to Taeyeon helping Sunny escape from the prison and she was now going to deliver Sunny to Sungmin and then make her way back to the palace.

Little did she know that the palace was now in chaos with Kyungsoo ordering his guards to search for Taeyeon and bring her back to the castle ASAP. Kyungsoo went crazy over Taeyeons disappearance, with exaggerated rumours spreading around the palace as to why Taeyeon had escaped such as she had another lover or she was tired of their tyrannical king. Such rumours added fuel to the fire which was in Kyungsoos heart as he burned with longing and betrayal. "Leave no stone unturned and bring her back to me." Kyungsoo coldly ordered as he sent his best guards to find his Queen.

"Taeyeon, are you sure it's okay for you to go with me? Shouldn't you stay with the king? Don't you think he's worried?" Sunny asked worriedly as she recalled the conversation she had with the King when he threw her in the dungeon. 

Flashback

"There is no bigger treason in my heart than turning my Queen against me, so you shall now suffer the consequences for your actions. Just watch, if my Queen does not return to my side soon then you are well and truly dead." Kyungsoo said with much venom and coldness that would render even the bravest soldiers petrified.

"Don't worry so much, it'll be fine as long as I go back. Anyways I have to teach that king a lesson or else he will never learn to trust me and a relationship without trust isn't a relationship at all." Taeyeon calmed Sunny as she reasserted herself to the task at hand, which was to hand Sunny over safely and then return to the palace to confront the king.

They then arrived at Sungmins place only to find the place surrounded by the Kings royal guards who immediately seized the coach the two had been riding in, letting Sunny go while taking Taeyeon. Sunny tried to help Taeyeon but Taeyeon just shook her head and told her to go and that she would be fine. Sunny nodded her head and ran off to Sungmin who was waiting for her out the front.

Taeyeon on the other hand was then blindfolded, and tied up then transported to a secret location. There they took the blind fold off as they made her sit down on a chair. It took a while for her eyes to adjust to the lighting, and when it had, there Taeyeon saw Kyungsoo across from her on a large table. She had been gone for two days and already she missed seeing his face, even though she had ignored the king, at least they stayed at the same place which enabled her to see him everyday.

Kyungsoo stared at his Queen who now sat opposite him with torn emotions. One side of him wanted to run up to her and untie those ropes which confine her and envelop her in his embrace. Whereas the other side of him wants to flip the table and show her his rage as he bombards her with questions as to why she had tried to escape from him. He was put out of his misery as Taeyeon had already found her own way out of the ropes which tied her up and had now made her way across the table, putting her hand on Kyungsoos face to caress it as she then sat on his lap and brought his face to hers and kissed him with much passion, pouring all of her feelings into the kiss. Kyungsoos mind was now blank as he gave into her kiss, with all of his mixed up emotions washed away with her touch and kiss.

Taeyeon then pulled out of the kiss and looked into Kyungsoos eyes endearingly as she said cheekily with a chuckle, "Missed me?" Kyungsoo smiled at her cheekiness and embraced her tightly, overjoyed to finally have her back in his arms. "Why did you leave, where did you go, and what in the world were you thinking, just disappearing on me like that?" Kyungsoo asked as he pulled out of the hug, reprimanding his Queen.

Taeyeon then proceeded to tell him all about her plan and what happened to her, with Kyungsoo losing all his energy from all of his unfounded worries. "Aish, didn't you think of writing a note or something to inform me about what you were doing? I thought the worst, that you had actually ran away and wanted to get away from me."

Taeyeon just looked at him with a pout saying "Well, a certain someone said that he would execute the person I was supposed to look after and even threatened me with it. That certain someone also needed to be taught a lesson so I thought I would disappear for a couple of days, but it seems you haven't learnt your lesson at all." Taeyeon then moved to get off Kyungsoos lap but Kyungsoo trapped her there, not wanting to let her go, at least not until they fix things between them properly.

"Yah! If you don't tell me what I did wrong then how am I supposed to learn Taeyeon. Come on, just tell me what I can do to have you with me again." Kyungsoo pleaded as he never wanted to go through what he had been through for the past two days with her disappearance and he certainly didn't want to go another day without his Queen by his side.

Taeyeon saw the sincerity in his eyes and groaned as she finally gave in and explained "Kyungsoo, that is precisely it. I never left your side to begin with, you've been saying all this stuff about me leaving you and all but don't you think that this shows how little confidence and trust you have in me to not leave your side? You don't trust me to not look at other guys, you don't trust me to not allow other men to touch me and you most certainly don't trust me when I say I would never leave you. I love and trust you Kyungsoo but it seems that you don't trust me at all, thinking that you have to threaten me to keep me by your side when in fact I am by your side by my own free will. You have to trust in my love that no matter what I will always unconditionally love and be with you forever. Do you understand Kyungsoo? All I've ever wanted was your unwavering love and trust."

It now dawned on Kyungsoo that his actions before, during and after their fight showed clear signs of mistrust and doubt. Doubt about Taeyeons love, fidelity and her promise to him of forever. He hated himself for trampling all over Taeyeons sincere feelings, loyalty and love for him with his doubts and he certainly didn't blame her for being angry at him. "I'm so sorry Taeyeon, I was blinded by jealousy and my own foolishness, please forgive me."

Taeyeon smiled, knowing that Kyungsoo finally understood her, before kissing him on the forehead and cupping his face with her hands looking deeply into his eyes with a beautiful smile on her face whispering "I love you."

Kyungsoo was struck by her beauty before smiling back at her and embracing her whispering in her ear "I love you too."