Wish upon a Dandelion

Wish upon a Dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Wish upon a Dandelion~

            Dandelions can grant wishes, the only catch is that you have to blow off all their seeds in one breath.

            Sehun was familiar with this little myth since he was practically a child. His eyes were always on the lookout for these little plants that could produce such amazing magic. It was just his luck that his house happened to be close by a secluded dandelion field that only he knew about. Sehun visited the dandelion field any chance he had, it was fun for him and he found solace in the field filled with the little white fluffy plants. Just because you're eighteen, it didn't mean that you had to give up on the things that you loved when you were a child, in fact Sehun was in the said field right at the moment.

            'I wish I had chocolate bubble tea.'

            Sehun inhaled and blew out his breath on to the plant held in his hand, causing lots of little fluffs from the top of the dandelion to fly free. It was just a frivolous wish, Sehun didn't really have any intention of having it come true, he just wanted to watch the dandelion fluff get caught on the wind and float about.

            Sehun was just spending his afternoon lazing around; school was a pain, being home alone was boring, and he didn't really have many friends to hangout with that weren't busy anyways so just being where he was now was enough for him.

            Now that Sehun thought that over his life seemed pretty mundane… oh well, it's okay at least it was peaceful. Sehun stretched forward slightly as he reached out to pluck another dandelion from beside him, he held it up to eye level and then lowered it closer to his lips where he blew out another puff of air.

            'I wish I could experience something amazing and completely out of the ordinary.'

            But there's also no harm in a little playful wish.

            Right?

            Sehun watched the little white fluffs catch on the wind as it carried them further away from him, almost as if they were caught up in a dance. Sehun couldn't really take his eyes off of the flying dandelion seeds, it was all so whimsical.

            He continued to follow the flying fluffs with his eyes until eventually one by one he lost sight of them as they disappeared from his sight altogether by the shadows of the trees. Sehun's eyes roamed downwards from the trees a few feet from his left, half hoping to possibly catch sight of the dandelion seeds that were floating earlier once again but to his surprise he found something much more intriguing.

            Just below the shade of the trees, a little deeper into the fields, Sehun saw a golden fluff ball. It was a bit far for his vision to see clearly but it still peaked his interest.

            'Is that a gold dandelion?'

            Getting up from his seat on the ground, Sehun made his way over to the shady spot with the single plant growing out of the ground.

            'Oh, it is a gold dandelion… I can't believe I never saw this here before… This is weird I thought dandelions only had white fluffy stuff on it. Maybe this one is really old and the white faded to a goldish hue…' thought Sehun as he sat himself beside his new discovery.

            "I wonder if I pluck it and blow the seeds off would it make more gold dandelions?" Sehun, letting his curiosity get the better of him, reached forward and grasped the stem of the gold dandelion between his thumb and forefinger while attempting to pluck the delicate plant from it's place in the ground.

            The key word being 'attempt' because the gold dandelion didn't budge, it bent a little but didn't snap off like most dandelions would when Sehun plucked them.

            "What the heck?" Sehun tried bending the gold dandelion in the opposite direction, hoping to be able to pluck it off that way but it gave the same result.

            The dandelion wouldn't allow itself to be plucked.

            "Why can't I pluck this?" Sehun tried a different tactic, this time around he pulled the dandelion instead of bending it. It took a few tugs and grunts but after the third pull on the gold dandelion's stem Sehun finally got it released from the ground.

            Sehun held up the plant and grinned, "Finally!"

            Happy with himself, Sehun was about to make a wish and blow the seeds off of the dandelion stem but then the gold fluff on the top of the dandelion began to glow. Sehun's eyes widened as he immediately dropped the plant and took a few steps back.

            Sehun watched with shock and slight amazement as the entire dandelion plant began to glow brightly, slowly the glow began to grow larger, reshaping itself into some sort of blob.

            There was a moment where the glow showed so bright that Sehun had to shield his eyes with his arm momentarily. It wasn't until he heard a small gasp did he move his arm away from his eyes to see a boy around his age wearing a white and yellow hoodie with matching light yellow pants.

            The boy sitting on the floor where the dandelion had been once before looked up and made eye contact with Sehun.

            'Wow he has really big eyes…' Sehun paused as he realized his thoughts and shook his head, 'That's not the point! Where the heck did he come from!?!?'

            "I-" the boy spoke with a very soft voice and if Sehun wasn't weirded out from the entire situation he would have thought the other was very cute.

            "Who are you?! Where did you come from!?" blurted out Sehun immediately before the other could speak.

            The other boy blinked at Sehun as if processing what he was saying and then replied in the same soft voice, "I-I'm a Luhan. I'm a rare species of dandelion… I'm the last one in existence…"

            Sehun stared at the boy as if he had just spoken in a completely foreign language, "What. Wait did you just say you're a dandelion."

            "I'm a Luhan," clarified the boy as he looked up at Sehun with those big eyes of his.

            "…" Sehun tilted his head in confusion for a moment as everything in his mind tried to make sense of what was going on. His mind kept replaying the incident where the gold dandelion glowed brightly and the random appearance of this Luhan boy suddenly showing up while claiming to be a dandelion, Sehun stared at Luhan awestruck for a long time before it all clicked in his mind, "OH MY GAWD, YOU'RE THE GOLD DANDELION THAT I PLUCKED EARLIER!? THAT GLOW OR WHATEVER WAS YOU TURNING INTO A HUMAN ISN'T IT?! IS THIS FOR REAL!?!?"

            Luhan jumped a bit from being startled by Sehun's yelling and let out a small squeak.

            Sehun took in a deep breath as he ran a hand through his hair, he felt like he was in a dream and possibly losing his mind as he muttered to himself, "This is not happening… This is not possible…"

            Luhan, who apparently got over the shock of turning human, whimpered a bit and his eyes suddenly began watering rapidly.

            Sehun, having heard Luhan make noise, looked at the other and gasped, "Whoa! What's wrong!? Why are you suddenly tearing up!?"

            "Because yo-you, you, you DEFLOWERED ME!!!" wailed Luhan at the top of his lungs as the tears spilled over and began running down his cheeks nonstop.

            Oh gawd, that sounded so wrong.

            "SHHH! SHHH! I didn't mean to! Please stop crying! Please! I'm sorry!" begged Sehun afraid that someone was going to walk by and hear Luhan crying about being deflowered by him.

            Luhan completely ignored Sehun's plead and continued to cry.

            Sehun began panicking as he approached Luhan and knelt down beside the other, "Please don't cry! I didn't meant to um deflower you…?"

            "But you pulled me out of the ground even though I didn't want to be plucked!!!" bawled Luhan as more tears spilled over, wetting his cheeks further.

            "I didn't know! I'm really sorry! Please stop crying and I'll make it up to you somehow! Please! Someone might hear you while they're walking by and they might get the wrong idea!" begged Sehun as he thanked his lucky stars that the dandelion field was in a secluded area.

            Luhan began to quiet down a little as his cries eventually turned into sniffles and hiccups, he looked at Sehun with teary eyes, "So you can put me back into the ground and I can be a dandelion again?"

            "Ummm," Sehun bit his lip and hesitated to answer Luhan's question as the other looked at him with hopeful eyes, but knowing that it would be impossible to put Luhan back into the ground Sehun was going to have to crush that hope, "I can't…"

            Luhan sniffled loudly again as if he was going to burst into another round of tears.

            "I-I mean um I'll help you another way! I can help you learn how to be a human instead!" said Sehun quickly before Luhan could release another sob. He really had no idea what was spilling from his mouth at the moment, all he knew was that he did not want Luhan bursting into another round of tears.

            "But I'm a dandelion," hiccupped Luhan as he rubbed at his eyes with his hoodie sleeve.

            "You seem human now though, so it won't be too hard to learn and I'll help you," replied Sehun feeling a bit relieved that Luhan was calming down.

            "Re-really? But I've been a dandelion for all my two hundred and twenty years of life," whimpered Luhan as he gave Sehun a sad and unsure look.

            Sehun blinked, "You've been around for two hundred twenty years as a dandelion…?"

            Luhan nodded.

            'What am I getting myself into…' thought Sehun briefly before replying with a wary smile, "…It's okay, I'm sure you'll be able to learn and adjust quickly…"

            At hearing Sehun's response, Luhan's bottom lip began to quiver and his eyes teared up once more, "But I want to be a dandelion again!"

            Sehun jumped in shock at how quickly Luhan began crying and quickly tried to shush the apparently older boy, "It'll be okay! Life as a human isn't bad! I promise it'll be okay!"

            Luhan only cried louder, "It's all your fault for deflowering me!!!"

            Sehun tried to calm Luhan down by patting him on the back and saying encouraging things like, "I'm sorry, I didn't know, it'll be okay, being human isn't that bad at all!"

            All the while Luhan cried and sniffled beside him.

            It was in that moment that Sehun realized with himself that he was trying to console a dandelion turned (cute) human.

            Oh gawd what is going on with his life.

            Maybe that wish he made wasn't as harmless as he thought it was going to be.

❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀

            After having Luhan calm down somewhat (Sehun basically just got Luhan to stop crying). Sehun didn't really have any other choice left but to bring Luhan back to his home and sort things out between them. Thank goodness he chose to move out as soon as he hit legal age so he didn't have to explain to anyone else about the random person he was bringing home.

            Sehun sat Luhan down in a seat at his kitchen table while he took a seat on the other side.

            The two stared at each other in silence before Sehun broke it, "Okay…"

            Luhan played with his sleeves and blinked at Sehun waiting for the younger to continue his sentence.

            Sehun opened his mouth and then proceeded to face plant his kitchen table with a loud groan which startled Luhan as the other stared with a timid expression at Sehun's unmoving form.

            "H-Hey," Luhan was slightly concerned for the other boy and slowly reached forward, he was about to poke Sehun's head when the younger lifted his head again to look at Luhan with a blank expression, making the dandelion boy retract his hand immediately.

            "You- This is really no joke you're really a dandelion," blurted Sehun as if another verbal confirmation would make things seem any less real.

            Luhan nodded and rearranged himself in his seat comfortably again before going back to playing with his sleeves and blinking cutely at Sehun.

            Sehun slapped his hands to his face and groaned again into his palms.

            "Why do you keep making that sound?" asked Luhan softly with a tilt of his head, his finger still playing with the ends of his hoodie, "Is it normal for humans to make that noise often?"

            Sehun parted his fingers so he could see Luhan's curious expression directed at him, "No, humans don't really make this dying whale sound called a groan often unless they're tired, exasperated, or just feeling ugghhh."

            Confusion crossed Luhan's features for a few seconds before he seemed to just accept Sehun's words and nodded, "Um, okay."

            Sehun let his hands fall to the table as he released a sigh, "You're probably as confused about everything as I am freaking out. Okay, we'll start somewhere easy, my name is Sehun."

            "Sehun," the name rolled off of Luhan's tongue easily as he smiled and nodded his head in understanding.

            Sehun gave a small smile of his own towards Luhan, "Okay, what's your name?"

            "I'm a Luhan, so does that mean my name is Luhan?" asked the dandelion boy as he started pulling at the ends of his hoodie sleeves again.

            "Sure," replied Sehun, he didn't have any other idea as to what to call the other so why not just leave it as Luhan.

            "My name is Luhan," nodded the dandelion boy again.

            "Okay, I am eighteen years old. How old are you, Luhan?"

            Luhan pulled at his hoodie a few times, "I'm two hundred and twenty years old?"

            Sehun stared blankly at Luhan, "Mmm no, let's not say that to people. They'll think you're crazy, let's just say you're twenty two instead okay?"

            "So I tell people I am twenty two years old?"

            "Yes, your name is Luhan and you are twenty two years old."

            Luhan nodded and repeated what Sehun told him, "My name is Luhan and I am twenty two years old."

            Satisfied with Luhan's cooperation, Sehun nodded, "Great now if anyone else wants to know anything about you, you can just come and ask me okay?"

            "Ok-" A sudden low rumble cut Luhan's sentence off as he looked downwards.

            Sehun stared at Luhan while the dandelion boy poked at his stomach.

            "What was that noise? My tummy feels funny too," asked Luhan as he looked at Sehun for answers.

            "Errr, I think you're hungry…" Sehun scratched his head. What the hell was he supposed to feed Luhan? The dandelion boy is human now right? So Luhan can eat human food right?

            "Oh," Luhan suddenly stood up from the table and walked towards the window where the sun was shining brightly through. He sat himself down by the window where it was the sunniest and began playing with his sleeves again.

            Sehun raised an eyebrow at Luhan's odd behavior before getting up and approaching Luhan, "What are you doing?"

            "Photosynthesis, dandelions get food from the sun through photosynthesis," replied Luhan simply as his attention stayed on his sleeves.

            Sehun took one look at the sunny window, then back at Luhan, and then back to his kitchen. Sehun knew plants got most of their food and nutrients from photosynthesis but he's sure as hell that Luhan is not going to get anything but a possible sunburn or tan if the older continued to sit in front of the sunny window.

            Putting his hands on Luhan's to stop the older from playing with his sleeves, he told the Luhan gently, "Um, I don't think photosynthesis works for you anymore now that you're human."

            Luhan blinked at Sehun as the words gradually sunk in, Luhan's bottom lip began quivering as the older's eyes became shinier, "Bu-but how will I feed myself? You deflowered me and now I can't even do photosynthesis…"

            Seeing Luhan becoming upset and on the verge of tears again, Sehun started talking quickly, "It'll be okay! I'll feed you! I think I have ramen in the cabinets that we can eat! Please don't cry again! Please!"

            Luhan sniffled, "What's ramen? How do I eat that?"

            "I'll show you, you can even help me make it," replied Sehun hoping to appease Luhan and stop any waterworks from coming out of the other. Without waiting for Luhan to respond, Sehun pulled Luhan up to stand and kept his hold on Luhan's hand as he guided the older to his kitchen.

            "It's really easy, all we need is," Sehun let go of Luhan's hand so the older stood in the middle of kitchen and went to open his top cabinets, "This pot, this pack of instant ramen, water, and the stove top."

            Sehun filled the pot up with water and placed it on to the stove top before switching it on to boil the water. Sehun gestured for Luhan, who was standing in the middle of the kitchen playing with his sleeves again, to come closer. Luhan shuffled beside the younger with a questioning gaze.

            "See the water boiling? It means that we can cook the ramen noodles now," Sehun opened the instant ramen pack and carefully plopped the noodle square into the water, "Next we add the pack of seasoning and we just wait a few minutes for it to finish cooking, then we can eat."

            Luhan nodded at Sehun and peered over at the pot as everything simmered in it, curious Luhan lifted his hand and was about to touch the pot when Sehun grabbed his hand and pulled him away.

            "No! You don't touch that while it's cooking! It's really hot and you'll hurt yourself!" scolded Sehun.

            Luhan looked at Sehun's frustrated expression and whimpered, "Sorry…"

            Sehun's eyes widened as he realized Luhan was about to start crying again, "Wait! Wait! Don't cry! I didn't mean to yell at you, I just didn't want you to accidentally hurt yourself! Burns are really painful!"

            Luhan whimpered again and began rubbing at his watery eyes with his sleeves.

            "Ahhh, here um why don't you go take a seat at the table and I'll bring the pot of ramen over so we can eat," suggested Sehun as he tried to distract Luhan.

            While rubbing at his eyes, Luhan followed Sehun's instruction and walked over to the table to sit in the same spot he had before. Seeing that Luhan was now seated, Sehun turned the stove off and carefully carried the pot of ramen to the table before returning to the kitchen (after warning Luhan not to touch the pot again) to grab chopsticks and spoons to sip the soup with. Back at the table, Sehun handed Luhan his own chopsticks and spoon before sitting down.

            "Okay, now we can eat," said Sehun as he picked up some of the noodles with his chopsticks but before he could put the food into his mouth, he noticed how Luhan only stared confusingly at the chopsticks and spoon in his hands.

            Sehun mentally slapped himself, 'Right, Luhan was a dandelion so of course he doesn't know how to use chopsticks.'

            Quickly twirling the now cooled noodles on his chopsticks, Sehun made a small bundle of the noodles on his spoon, "Luhan."

            The dandelion boy looked up at the mention of his name and was met with a spoon of the stringy food right before his face, he looked at it in confusion.

            "Here, try some. You can use your chopsticks to twirl the noodles onto the spoon and eat it if it's easier for you," said Sehun as he poked the spoon at Luhan's bottom lip in attempt to prompt the older to accept the offered food.

            Luhan seemed to get the message as he opened his mouth and let Sehun feed him. Luhan chewed on the noodles slowly as he tried to decide whether he liked the taste or not.

            Sehun watched in wary, hoping that Luhan would be able to eat the ramen without any problems and as he saw Luhan swallow without any complaints, Sehun picked up another strand of ramen and was about to feed himself but before he could get the noodles anywhere near his mouth he caught a glimpse of Luhan.

            Luhan had his mouth open again and Sehun just stared.

            "What?"

            "I want more."

            "You want me to feed you?"

            Luhan took those words the wrong way as he jutted out his bottom lip, "Does that mean I can't have more?"

            Sehun saw Luhan's eyes watering up again and he immediately shoved another spoon full of ramen into Luhan's mouth, "Fine, I'll feed you. Just don’t cry."

            Luhan blinked in surprise at the sudden food in his mouth as Sehun pulled the spoon out, he chewed and swallowed the noodles, "Can we eat this everyday?"

            "You want me to feed you this everyday?" questioned Sehun in disbelief as his hands quickly pulled out noodles from the pot and twirled them onto the spoon.

            Luhan opened his mouth again and Sehun fed Luhan the spoon of ramen noodles without hesitation.

            The dandelion boy hummed in content as he smiled happily at Sehun, "It's good."

            "Yeah but you'll get sick of it if you eat it everyday," replied Sehun, already twirling up another spoonful.

            "But it's really good, I've never had anything like this when I was a dandelion," responded Luhan as he opened his mouth again for Sehun to feed him the noodles.

            Sehun gave a skeptical look, "We'll see, at least you like eating something that's cheap and comes in a variety of flavors."

            Luhan chewed and swallowed, "What is cheap and flavors?"

            "Cheap means it costs a little bit of money and I'll show you what are flavors when we go buy more," replied Sehun, he was a university student so there was no doubt that he was definitely going to be buying more ramen regardless.

            "Okay," replied Luhan as he smiled at Sehun and opened his mouth to the offered noodles on a spoon that Sehun held up to his mouth.

            Cute, Luhan was very cute (when he's not crying non-stop) but Sehun really has no idea what they're going to do, he knew one thing that was certain though he was going to have to watch over a dandelion boy now…

            Well he can't deny that his wish didn't come true, at least this will be a completely out of the ordinary experience alright, it'll give his mundane life a little excitement.

            Let's just hope Sehun won't end up regretting all this in the end.

❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀    ❀

            Sehun ends up finding Luhan's company quite comfortable, when they're inside the house. Outside is a whole different story especially when he decides to bring Luhan with him outside a week later to the grocery store to buy food.

            Over the week Sehun has learned quite a bit about Luhan.

            One, Luhan is a crybaby (this was pretty much established when they first met so really this shouldn't have been a surprise), Sehun had already lost count of the times he accidentally made Luhan cry, tear up, and sniffle since day one.

            Two, Luhan has a preference for hoodies and long sleeved shirts, the reason for this preference is so Luhan can play with the ends of the sleeves (a habit that Sehun is now trying to break Luhan out of since the older will end up putting a hole in his sweater if he keeps it up). Sehun also figures out that Luhan's favorite hoodie is the yellow one Luhan wore when he first met Sehun (he found this out after Luhan started crying loudly again about losing it when in reality it was just misplaced in the laundry room), Sehun washes that hoodie often for Luhan to wear while the older borrows Sehun's clothes in the meantime.

            Three, Luhan was quite clingy, he followed Sehun around the house like a lost puppy, literally everywhere Sehun went Luhan was with him. Sehun didn't mind since Luhan didn't really bother him or anything but he did feel guilty when Luhan would sit outside the bathroom door to wait for him to come out (he tried convincing Luhan to just sit in the living room and watch TV but Luhan would always shake his head to the suggestion and continue sitting outside the door until Sehun came out).

            Four, Luhan also got freaked out by a lot of things, but what he hated most was bugs. The two were sitting on the sofa while watching Pororo (which Luhan seemed to really really like), everything was peaceful and calm until a red speck flew onto the TV screen. Luhan let out a squeak and practically flew into Sehun's lap with teary eyes telling the younger to get rid of it. It was a ladybug, a tiny ladybug, yet Luhan was cowering in Sehun's lap. Sehun really didn't want Luhan bursting into tears again so he shifted Luhan off him and stood up to catch the ladybug in his hand and release it out the window. Turning back around he saw Luhan had grabbed a blanket and balled himself into it. Sehun sighed, Luhan was no doubt sniffling again.

            Five, Luhan really likes eating ramen and Sehun is pretty okay with this except for the fact that it's all Luhan wants to eat ninety percent of the time and Luhan still hasn't gotten the hang of using chopsticks so Sehun basically has to feed Luhan whenever they eat.

            Luhan's insatiable appetite for the noodles is also the reason that they are going outside right now, Sehun really didn't want to leave Luhan alone in the house since the older was, as he said before, quite clingy and Sehun was afraid Luhan might start crying again or hurt himself or break something if he left Luhan at home by himself.

            'It shouldn't be too bad…' thought Sehun as he walked with Luhan to the grocery store just a little ways down from his home. Luhan walked beside Sehun in awe as he took in the new sights, he seemed to be really amazed with this new experience.

            It wasn't until they went inside the grocery store after grabbing a basket to put their items in did Sehun see the problem in taking Luhan with him.

            Six, Luhan was apparently really shy to seeing new people (a grocery store full of strangers isn't really a great place for people who are shy) as he fidgeted beside Sehun while they made their way through the store.

            "Luhan, stay close to me okay? I don't want you to get lost," instructed Sehun, yeah well that was easier said than done as Sehun will find out later.

            "Okay," replied the other as he made sure to stay by Sehun's side.

            They walk down the aisles filled with varying colorful packages, Sehun had his mind on getting to the ramen aisle while Luhan unfortunately got distracted by a bright red candy bag that had the Pororo character printed on it.

            Luhan blinked at it before picking it up, the bag made a crinkling noise as the little wrapped candies inside moved about. Luhan was excited, he never thought that he would see Pororo outside of the thing that Sehun called a TV, he wondered if he could get this whatever it was, "Sehun, what is this?"

            Luhan looked to his right where he thought Sehun was still with him but he only saw people that he didn't recognize, Luhan quickly turned to his left, "Sehun?" still more people he didn’t recognize.

            A lump began forming in his throat as Luhan began feeling panicky, 'Where's Sehun?! Sehun wouldn't leave me here, who are all these people!? I want Sehun!' Luhan could feel a sob bubbling up on his lips but before he could release it, a warm hand suddenly gripped his and he was turned around. Relief immediately filled Luhan's being as he stared into Sehun's worried but familiar face.

            "Luhan! I was worried when I didn't see you! I told you to stay close to me," chastised Sehun as he quickly pulled Luhan to a more secluded area in the grocery store, "Are you okay? Ah, you're crying again…" Sehun cupped Luhan's face and gently wiped away the tears that were threatening to spill over, he didn't like seeing Luhan crying, "Don't wander off without me okay? You'll get lost."

            Luhan sniffled, "I didn't wander off, I looked up and you were gone. Then I saw all those people and it was scary…"

            Sehun felt bad again for not keeping a closer eye on Luhan since the older wasn't familiar with these things, he wanted to make Luhan feel better but he wasn't sure how until he noticed the red bag that was clutched in Luhan's hand, "What's that?"

            Luhan followed Sehun's pointing finger to the bag in his hand, he held it up for Sehun to see better, "It's Pororo! But I don't know why he is on a bag… I wanted to ask you but you disappeared…"

            Sehun took the bag out of Luhan's hand and examined it closer, "Oh, it's just strawberry candy. I've eaten this before when I was a kid, do you want it?"

            "I can have it?" asked Luhan as he looked at the bag curiously.

            "Sure, I just have to pay for it," replied Sehun with a shrug as he put it in the basket he was carrying.

            Luhan's eyes lit up and he smiled brightly at Sehun before hugging the younger, "I can really get it?"

            Sehun blushed at the unexpected hug but he preferred a happy Luhan over a crying one so he patted the older's head, "Yeah, you can eat it when we get home."

            Luhan continued hugging Sehun while the younger squirmed, "Okay, okay, come on. We still need to buy ramen. I'll hold your hand so you won't get lost again."

            Sehun was completely flustered as he slipped his hand into Luhan's and pulled the older along while Luhan looked at their enclosed hands with surprise. His hand fit well with Sehun's and it was nice and warm. Luhan smiled in content, 'Sehun is nice…'

            Reaching the ramen aisle took less than a minute as they took a turn down the third aisle, however picking out the ramen was not as easy.

            Sehun turned to Luhan who was staring at the multiple packages of ramen in awe, he placed the basket down and gestured to the many packs of ramen, "These are all the flavors of ramen in the store, they all taste different, you can choose whichever one you want to eat."

            Luhan brought the edge of his sweater to his mouth as he contemplated, Sehun pulled Luhan's hand away from his mouth, "Luhan, don't do that, you'll stretch the sweater out or accidentally put a hole in it."

            Luhan pouted at Sehun but he wasn't able to say anything back as they heard another voice call out to Sehun.

            Turning to look down the aisle, they saw another boy around their age approach them with a grin and a friendly wave.

            Luhan gripped Sehun's hand tighter and stole a glance at Sehun's surprised expression, 'Who is this? How does he know Sehun?'

            "Hey! I didn't expect to find you here!" grinned the boy.

            "Yeah, same here, I haven't really seen anyone since winter break started," replied Sehun with a similar grin.

            Luhan felt a bit left out but he was more afraid of the stranger than finding out the other's relation to Sehun.

            "That's because you're too lazy to leave your house a majority of the time and you actually seem to like being by yourself," joked the boy with a light laugh.

            Sehun scoffed and smiled, "Yeah, yeah Chen."

            Luhan shuffled a little bit further behind Sehun, catching Chen's attention.

            "Oh, who's the flower boy?" asked Chen curiously.

            Luhan peered at the new comer in shock, how did this Chen person find out his secret, was he and Sehun that close that Sehun told him about Luhan's predicament? Forgetting his shyness, Luhan asked timidly, "How do you know I'm a flower?"

            Sehun slapped a hand over Luhan's mouth, eyes widening in horror at Luhan's question.

            "Hahaha, um his name's Luhan and we're just shopping for some ramen and candy to eat," answered Sehun nervously hoping Chen didn't hear what Luhan had said.

            Chen raised an eyebrow at the odd behavior, his eyes scanning Sehun and Luhan's odd position before his eyes landed on the two's intertwined hands, a smirk graced his features, "Oooooh I get it now, no need to be shy about anything Sehun! I've known you since high school!"

            Sehun gave Chen a confused look, "What?"

            Chen gave another laugh, "Seriously you don't need to hide your relationship! You two are too cute together anyways and it's so obvious! Are you just shy since this will be your first relationship ever and you didn't want me to tease you? You two can always come to me for anything!"

            Sehun blushed bright red at Chen's assumptions, "No, wait you don't-"

            "Sehun, please I see the way you were holding hands and everything! Congrats, I never thought I'd see the day! So proud of you and you got yourself quite the cutie!" Chen patted Sehun on the back.

            "Wait you have the wrong-"

            "Oh, I have to go now. I just wanted to come by to say a quick hello since I saw you walk by in the aisle earlier, see you soon hopefully. Nice meeting you too Luhan!" Chen gave one more smile at them before swiveling on his heel and disappearing down the aisle.

            Sehun wanted to smack his head against one of the shelves of ramen repeatedly as he watched Chen walk away merrily. But the muffled noises Luhan was making had him realizing that he still had a hand over the older's mouth.

            "Sorry!" apologized Sehun quickly as he released Luhan.

            Luhan was already tearing up again and sniffling.

            Sehun's eyes widened, "Why are you crying again!?"

            "Because you- you're mean!!!" wailed Luhan as his tears spilled over onto his cheeks.

            "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!," chanted Sehun frantically as he tried to calm Luhan down as quickly as possible before even more people came down the aisle to stare and get the wrong idea.

            "You deflowered me and then you even stopped me from talking by putting your hand over my mouth!" cried Luhan as the tears continued to flow.

            "Shhhhhh!!!!!" hushed Sehun as he looked around quickly to see if anyone heard Luhan's outburst, luckily the aisle was empty for the time being but that didn't mean the people in the other aisles couldn't hear the outburst, "Don't talk about me deflowering you in public! People will get the wrong idea!"

            "But you did deflower me!" sniveled Luhan.

            "Shush!" repeated Sehun frantically as he saw someone pass by the aisle with a judging look directed towards them.

            The tears kept falling and Sehun was running out of ideas to calm Luhan down, that was until he looked down and saw the bright red pack of candy in the basket. Without a second thought of hesitation, Sehun picked it up and opened it, grab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter