Final

Thanks for being a screwy hairdresser
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(A/n: minimal text formatting etc because I'm on mobile!)

 


"I guess it's a bit shorter than what you asked for, sir. Sorry about that...I'm still a trainee" Baekhyun muttered, thumbing at the comb in his pocket with more than a little unease. He was under review this week and ing up the length on his second day in was not a good sign.
"It's alright, you can just cut my hair for free, right?" 
Baekhyun swallowed a sigh.
Would that he could.
While he could just bribe customers with freebies, (and probably would on any other given week) he needed to at least appear as if he followed the rules to score him his bonus.
"I'm sorry, sir. I believe that's against company policy." 
"Okay. Then, let me take you on a date."
The young hairdresser gulped. If he was being honest with himself, the customer was a few degrees above the conventional levels of attractive. 
Which was part of the reason behind Beakhyun's sudden lapse in concentration, which resulted in the accidental t of a few too many coppery locks from the man's head. His prominent ears couldn't have been more obvious.
But that didn't mean that he was ok with giving away his time to just anyone, not least someone he'd known for all of 20 minutes.
He side-eyed his supervisor, seeking some guidance but all he got was a thumbs up and a wink.
He groaned and managed a smile which bordered on painful.
"Fine. Where to, Mr Park?"
The man's eyes lit up. His blinks came with an unexpected touch of lop-sided confusion and he rubbed the back of his neck, a tiny grin pulling at the corner of his mouth.
"You're saying yes? I didn't actually think- I mean I'm not even upset with the haircut but I was just trying to get out of paying..."
Baekhyun purses his lips. 
"And now you've scored yourself a hot date with yours truly. Good job cassanova, my break starts in 5."
Chanyeol did his best to keep the grin from sweeping across his features, he really did. Though his thrice daily date with Colgate ensured that his pearly whites remain exactly that, he has been informed by his friends (on more than one occasion) that his smile, combined with the rare eye twitch, gives off an atmosphere that's more disturbing axe murderer than the charming boy-next-door feel he was originally going for.
Nevertheless he smiled, smiled thinking about spending the next couple of hours with the cutest person he'd ever had the fortune to see. To be fair it was a complete accident (though some people would have you believe it was fate) that he ended up getting a haircut. He had actually been on his way to buy milk before remembering that the convenience store was closed on Sundays. And then he'd seen an adorable piece of through a window as he passed by and here he was.
"So where are we going? I've got permission to be out till 5 but after that I've got to come back to grab my stuff and lock up" Baekhyun was shrugging on a coat, eyes closed and hair ruffled from having pulled his apron roughly over his head.
"I uh actually didn't think I'd make it this far in the plan, so I guess we could go...to the park?" Chanyeol stuffed his hands into his pockets.
"The park. You want to go to the-you know what? Let's just go. Whatever you want Mr P."
"It's Chanyeol. Call me Chanyeol."
"Chanyeol. Right. Got it. I'm Baekhyun but, I guess you already knew that." That wry little smile had Chanyeol's cheeks burning and his stomach doing gymnastics.
"Chanyeol?"
"Hm?"
"What were you planning on doing once we got to the park? As far as I can see, there's not a lot around here except trees and grass. You don't happen to have a picnic hiding in that coat do you?" 
"Oh why? Are you hungry? Wait here I'm gonna go get some ice cream real quick."
"No! You didn't have to--"
And he'd gone. He promptly returned with four cones

Please log in to read the full chapter