Can I forgive him? - Risa

A Shattered Heart

“What the actual.. what the hell are you doing here?! I thought I don’t want to see you again!” I screamed. Dad caught me in his hands, preventing me from hitting the guest.

“I wanted to explain to you more but you left. And I want you to bring me to Mom’s place. You know where…” He said.

“Shut up Riyuu! I don’t want to hear anything from you anymore.”

“Calm down Risa.”

“Dad, I want him out of our house now!”

“No! I’m not going anywhere tonight. I’m staying here for a week!” Suddenly Riyuu cut in. His words made my jaws dropped and eyes widened. I turned to dad and gave him a furious burning gaze at him. He couldn’t say yes and no because Riyuu is still his son. His real son. Since mom is not here anymore who he would hang out with other than us? That was what written in dad’s face.

“Everywhere except my room. Stay out of it.” I said, turning on my heels and stomped my feet up the stairs; slamming the door behind me. I’m so frustrated. It was so annoying and everything that happened today was a mess. First, I met Sato Shori or Sato Taki. Second, I was in Johnny Entertainment, one of the most popular company. Third, I met Riyuu. Forth, I was been followed by Sato’s stalker or fan I can say and now this.

Yeah right. Not a wonderful day for me. Damn it. My body slid down the door as I hugged my legs to my chest. I missed him so much and he has come back but why my other part refused to accept him? I raised my chin and saw a full set of stationeries and Christmas Treat Trilogy Written by Sa.Shizu. Oh! The most wanted novels that I wanted to buy last week when it came out but I didn’t get the chance to buy since the nearest bookstore is in town. 1 hour journey by train. That book only available in town and I only have to go there by train which dad doesn’t allow me to and he is also busy with his work to pay off his debt. Who bought this?

I walked to my study table and opened the first page. I know I’m in the fault but please forgive me. I finally decided to come back and hoping that we all can be a family once again even though mom is no longer breathing. This present may be a small matter to you but it would be a big gift from me since the last time I gave you only a rubber when you were going to sit for your first exam in grade 1. I hope you like it. Yours, J.R

Riyuu gave this to me? How did he know that I wanted Christmas Treat novels? He asked dad and bought it quickly before I gets home? Anyhow, I’m thankful that I already have this series since Sa.Shizu came out her first angst-romance story entitled Cold Spring. Too bad both of the main characters died in the end but the story flow is really nice.

The next day, I ran down the stairs; I saw Riyuu is already sitting at the seat where it used to be empty for 3 years and now it is occupied except the seat that mom used to have. “Good morning Risa” Dad greeted. He turned around and smiled. “Hi Risa.” Oh I stunned at his smiles. He looked charming. I wonder if he has a lot of fans out there.

“Hi.” I replied and the sound in my voice is really cold, timid as I sat at my seat. After I munch the food served on my table, I bid goodbyes to dad. “Dad, I’m going back slightly late because I have to go this one place. My friend wanted to study with me.”

“Okay. Be careful.”

“Sure. Bye dad.” I said and went to the door, grabbing my shoes.

“Risa, wait up!” Riyuu said.

“What?”

“I’ll send you to school.”

“No need. I can walk on my own. I still have two feet well function.” I said sarcastically. He froze for a moment but then he still insist to send me to school. My other part couldn’t bear his kind offer so I just walked out but then he already turns on the engine and we both into the traffic.

“So how was school yesterday?” He asked without having eyes off the road.

“It was crap.” I replied and glanced at him. He flinched and it was obvious he understood what I meant.

“Oh. I see. So, where is your school? What time your school finishes?”

“This junction and just go further a little and it will be at our left and the final end is at 2.45pm.” I said as the car stops near the bus stop a few meters from the school gate and hoped out of the car.

I walked into the school compound but then the chit-chatty girls from my class saw me. “Hey Risa! Who was that? You came to school by a car. How odd for that. I have never seen you came with a car.”

This people……..shut up already.

“Yeah right.. It was nice to come with a car. I really enjoy it for the first time.” I said but then I just realised my heart just spoke out. I am feeling happy for Riyuu to send me to school every day like he promised if he has no schedule in the morning.

“Risa…” I heard someone called and turned around; seeing Sato was walking not far from us.

“Next time girls.” I said and ran to Sato.

Suddenly Sato bend forward and whispered “Hi” in my ears, making me flinched and my face reddened. What was that for?

“Hi.” I replied. But I saw the people around us looked in awe at Sato’s reaction. I sensed insecurities with me. “If anything ever happen to me because of your flirty paparazzi in this school, I would be really appreciate your big help to protect me. That you have involved in my small life.” I muttered.

“Eh? Not a problem. I would love to. But what it is exactly?” He asked. Is he a jerk enough or he didn’t realize that people were staring at us for what he has done?

“Never mind. Just don’t bother it much” I said and turned around. He is in his big spectacles really doesn’t have an idol image.

The school bell rang and I saw Sato outside of my classroom from my table. The girls before whispering and eyed at me. I start to feel uncomfortable for these attentions. I hope they don’t find out about my brother is an actor and a singer. A crap one. I don’t care. He’s a crap and dull man.

I walked out of the class as Sato have his hands in his pocket with his back leaning at wall and crossed legs. The two of us were about to say hi to each other but then a loud scream from outside of the building. We quickly ran towards the nearest window, the main gate started to get crowded and I saw a glance of Riyuu leaning at the car with his sunglasses on. Another big day. Yes, a crap one.

“What has just happened?” The students mumbled behind us. Enough for me to hear and I glanced at the corner of my eye, Sato heard it too. We walked towards the crowd and squeezed in between to pass through. Finally, I get to stand a few feet away from the main lead.

“What are you actually trying to do?” I scorn.

“Picking you up for sure.” He paused for a moment and took a walk near to us as he bend a little and gave an examine gazes at the person behind me. He was looking at Sato.

“Taki?” He mouthed. Sato flinched and looked around hoping the crowd doesn’t see what Riyuu have said. He nodded and a slightly bow.

“Good then. Dad is not going to be around until tomorrow morning. He said he has work to do and has to stay overnight in the hotel but I have work until midnight too. I will try to make it early and for the moment, I need your help to take care of my sister. Can you Ta-Shori?” He peeked at his left.

“Sure.”

“Great. Let us go. With my car. I’m going to be late if not.” He said and hoped into the car. I couldn’t refuse. I couldn’t shout at him. He is the center of attention and I have to get into the backseat car with Shori at my side. The fangirl screams are getting louder and some of them took our pictures. Can I skip school tomorrow? Crap it J. Riyuu. I hate you for the rest of my life.

It took us about 15 minutes journey and we are already in front of back exit. Well, he has to avoid the paparazzi and the reporters. “I have your clothes to change later on. I will message you when I’m done. I’m counting on you Taki.” He said, half turning from the driver seat while hands are still plastered on the wheel.

“Sure, senior. I will.” Sato replied and hoped out of the car. I grabbed the paper bags without saying anything at Riyuu. I’m so angry right now. Really extremely angry. Megabyte! He pulled into the traffic and disappeared.

“Well, you get to spend your precious time with us again. I’m glad I can do it again.” Sato said after a moment of silence.

“What? Do it again of what, I beg your pardon.”

“Bring you here and study. Of course. Let’s go. I need you to do me a glass of fresh orange.” He said and grabbed the two full paper bags with my things and swiped his card at the security. What did Riyuu packed? It’s a lot.

I met s again and they looked happy to see me. I just reply them with a warm smile and exclude myself from the group as they are trying to work so, I don’t want to disturb. “Aren’t you going to work?”

“I am. In another 3 more hours. I have to go for a drama shooting and I will have to bring you there with me.” He said. What? How long will it be? Will it be long? How about my studies?

“Will it take hours?”

“Can be. Depends. Why?”

“I need to study.” He paused for a while, thinking.

“I think I will just stay here until you and Riyuu comes back.” I said again.

“But the members won’t be around for quite long. Wait, let me ask Marius and Sou about this. Maybe they will be back early.” He said and walked towards Marius and I assume the other one is Sou. I can’t really remember his surname. Confused. Let me just call him Mr. Dimple.

“I’ll be back early.” I heard Marius said. Sou agreed to him too. Then, Marius’s face expression changed into curiosity and Sato started explaining to him. He and Mr. Dimple turned to me and their lips curved into a smile. So they have to babysit me……

The leader, the one who sent me back home with bike and Sato already went out for their work, leaving me with Marius and Mr. Dimple alone. It was awkward because I don’t really talk to people and they were keeping on silence since the three of them went out. Mr. Dimple was playing with his phone with a cute stuff hanging, while Marius.. Erm he is reading a book in another language.

I looked around and my eyes spotted a magazine on the table in front of me. “May I have a look at this?” I asked, pointing my open palm at the book. Marius took the book and gave it to me. The cover page was the y Zone members. Oh, so Sato is the main center. Hmmm.. I see.

I flipped a few pages and found a page printed Haru as the main title with Riyuu’s photo beneath. Going through the information and I realised he didn’t mention his real name. Just J.R or Haru. He kept the information from his fans and only between the company. At the bottom of the information, they wrote Riyuu’s activities, sort of like dramas, movies, musical and his music.

A few photos of him during the Johnny World and I found a photo of him slung his arm around Sato’s shoulders. They look very close and a spark of happiness shining brightly in his eyes. He is happy with his career. Is it okay for me to approve his comeback? Can I?