Wait

Who Do You Think You Are?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think it's about time you hear my part of the story. Because I don't think it's fair listening and believing everything from that creepy dude who kept threatening me for I-had-no-idea-what logical reason. I mean, look at me, poor, broke and a cleaner. Could there be a worse combination of the last person you should blackmail?

Anyway, my name is Kim Jungmin. 'Jungmin imnidaa~'
I still remembered my idol days dearly. That was how I would cheerfully introduce myself along my group members. What? It's the truth. Unbelievable huh? Well, if you think everyone who debuted as idols live in a perfect fairytale of fame and fortune, I see you haven't been here and live it. The competition of idols are sick. This country is like the land of idols. Everyone and their mothers(ok, scratch that...maybe sisters would be the more logical word) would apply or recruited as trainees every single day. And there was a saying that it's better if you back down before you debuted, because once you debuted, and failed to keep shining, it's the end of your luck.

I wouldn't argue or talk further about that. Just look at me. I still remembered groups that debuted around that time apart from my own group, there are Wonder Girls, Brown Eyed Girls, Cats, Baby Vox Re.V, Kara, Swan, SNSD......well, some made it big, like....really big..*rolls eyes* most died. Including us. Looking back, I had no regrets....okay maybe a little...but then again, even if we died at least we died with dignity. We were fierce and kickin' and we didn't have to pretend to be some innocent little girls longing for her oppas, or selling our legs or butts. OK, excuse my sarcasm.

Unfortunately luck was never with us, I waited and waited for the light at the end of the tunnel but it seemed we're deemed to be trapped forever under the ruins in that tunnel.

Sometimes I feel resentful whenever I see idols, successful ones. I could not connect with them. My heart pierced with jealousy and hate. I knew it wasn't their fault they're so successful. So what.....it's not like I can control my feelings. But Why of all the place I could look for a job, did I end in one of the idol factories again, as a cleaner? I don't know. Besides singing, I was never good in anything else, I failed most of the subjects in school besides music. I wasn't even good in sports. When I was an idol, I failed at dancing, and the only thing that gave me the golden ticket to debut was because I could sing a bit, and singing is like a pair of wings, whenever I sing, my heart fly to eternal bliss.

Yet singing and me feels like tragic lovers that can never be. Failures after failures. Cheated, separated. I lost hope and decided to stop dreaming to become a singer.

Until that evening.....I met with an oppa who have worked with us in the past, he had went through hard times too, and now he had an opportunity to compose a song for SM entertainment singer, but he needed to send a demo immediately or he'd lose his once in a lifetime chance. He asked me to help him, said that we could use the studio at my workplace here and asked for my staff card. I hesitated, but I've had enough failures, and I knew that oppa was no different, and now he might be able to change his luck. Well, even though I myself have stopped dreaming of success, but I didn't want to see others go through the same thing, especially, not people I cared for. And the song he composed was really beautiful, so I decided to help him.

Which might be my biggest mistake. Because now, I'm caught by some punk who kept threatening me. What am I suppos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter