Blackmail

Who Do You Think You Are?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When her voice stopped singing, my heart was beating so fast I thought it would explode at any second. My hands were clammy with cold sweat as I heard footsteps coming towards the entrance. I hid myself in a darkened corner nearest to where I was standing. I saw two people walked out together while discussing faintly. Probably the people who helped her with the recording. She was not out yet. When she finally did came off the studio, all by herself, I was already prepared to make my first move.

"Not so fast, pretty voice." I cooly dished out the best pick up line I could think of at that time. I know it sounded cheesy and even I almost fainted at the thought of me saying such cheesy stuff, but can you blame me? I wasn't trained for this y'know?

She slowly turned around, towards my direction, as I became more and more excited to see the face behind that voice that had enraptured me under her spell.

"Awww, lookie what we have here, my eternal fanboy." The squeaky voice seeped and penetrated into my ears. She let out her trademark giggle and approached me as I had the horror of my life. No...I refuse to believe it. She can't be.....it's not logical......Andwe!!!!

"It can't be Jessica. It's definitely not Jessica....right?" I chanted to myself.....and looked around. The surrounding is still dark. There were no more sound coming from the studio. There were no Jessica near me. So I guess I fell asleep outside the studio at my hideout and had a nightmare. Way to kill the suspense of the horror sequence huh?

I yawned and tried to take a peek inside the recording studio, but it was too dark, and locked. They had left. She had left. I wiped the cold sweats off my forehead. Part of me still felt the worries and shivers of thinking the possibility of Jessica being........no, forget it. That's impossible. Her squeaky voice just doesn't match that heavenly angel's voice I heard. Now, I just need to find that damn voice again.

-------------

For the next few days, I made sure to drop by the recording studio every midnight in hope that the intruder would show up again. Alas, she never did. Days became weeks. I was starting to give up hopes to see her again. Perhaps, she IS an angel who descended on Earth for just one night to record a song to  be released back in Paradise? Crappy possibilities would corrupt my still-sane state of mind every now and then. But the scene on that night, and her voice would linger around the entire space of my head whenever I laid down to sleep. I could not get it out of my head. I need to find her, but how?

----------

"Kwanghee, Heechul and Hyungshik will be going for Strong Heart recording tomorrow. Have you boys prepared for the topic to talk about?"
Kwanghee and Hyungshik both shrugged indifferently. Heechul was spacing out again. Their manager frowned. 'Boy had been spacing out the whole week. What got into him?'
"Heechul, are you listening?........................Heechul!!!!"
"Huh....yes, I'm here." He raised a hand up, like a good student in class which he's not.
"Kwanghee, you'll talk about your plastic surgery.."
"Again?" Kwanghee grumbled. "Manager hyung, when will I be allowed to talk about new topic? You know, I could think of tons of more interesting topics.
"Sorry. President's order. It's your personality after all, remember?"
"What's wrong with that old man? These days I'm collecting more antis instead of fans, all thanks to "my" personality."

Their manager ignored Kwanghee's complains and continued.
"Heechul, I believe you are aware of your topic-talk about Jessica, as usual."
"I don't want to."
"Okay then. Just deliver a rap dedicated to Jessica. Make sure to insert how much you're in love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter