Popcorn

Popcorn

“Make me popcorn.” Joohyun whines while Yonghwa eyes are glued to the movie they are supposed to be watching instead of listening Joohyun complaining about how she prefers human food over the junk that she has to eat ever since Yonghwa transformed her. In his defence, she would have died if he did not.  

“Make you what? You do know that-“

“Human food, I know.” She drawls, “I just like the smell of it.”

Sighing, Yonghwa drops the movie case he was holding, leaving the room to get down to the kitchen. In this kind of situation, he is glad their mansion is always swarming with humans, especially since they practically lived in the house with Yonghwa ever since his parents left him for hunting in Japan.

It does not take him long to locate the box of popcorn which is at the top cabinet, he always makes sure his servants have plenty to eat – even if it meant spending thousands of dollars on their food alone. He jumps a little to catch it, turning to the peculiar device that they call a ‘microwave’.

“How do you- oh my fu-“

“Sir, may I?” His chambermaid offers, taking the box from him, doing the chore for him.

Yonghwa grabs the biggest bowl he could find, along with a few blood bottles for the both of them. After ten minutes, he smiles when he hears the beeping noise coming from the microwave but he stands still, not knowing how to open it. Frustrated, he yanks the handle a little too hard.

“Well, I’ll get you guys a new microwave.” He says to his servant who is busy attending to their two-year-old baby as she runs back outside with a baby bottle.

With his hands full, he gets back upstairs, passing Joohyun her bowl of popcorn and a blood bottle to go with it. He slides down in the sofa next to her. Joohyun has put in the next movie while waiting for him. She takes a whiff before slamming her face into the bowl.

“I have a weird wife.” He grins, turning the movie on.  

A/N: A short drabble before I work on my yongseo chaptered fic. It would probably be a highschool!au and I'll try to have both angst and fluff in it ^^ 

P.S. I love highschool!aus so much. Am I the only one?