Ch. 01

Around You

Jiwon POV

It was the first morning after the national exam was done. Eomma woke me up early in the morning even when the sky was still dark. She asked me to accompany her to the salon. I wondered what salon would open at such dawn, but I accompanied her anyway. And what amazed me was, there was a salon which open at such dawn!

Ofcourse I was pleased to accompany her, taking it as a refreshing after doing the national exam. I hadn’t done any treatment lately and it felt so good to do it again. All the stress and loads were lifted up and I felt so much better than before.

I was a little puzzled when they made-up my face. They said eomma asked them to do it so I stayed still. Maybe we’d have an important guest or an important invitation.

The next thing started to scare me. Eomma told me to wear a wedding gown which was so beautiful and white. I had always wanted to try it but when eomma told me to wear it, I knew something was going wrong there.

And yes, the day which I thought would be my first free day was turning into a disaster. I wished I’d never meet that day. I wished I’d never survive until this day. I had never expected my life to turn out like this. I had never expected my goals to be unreachable. I had never expected my parents forcing me to marry someone I didn’t even know which was 5 years older than me! And I had never expected myself to get married right after I did the national exam!!

And now, here I sat on the couch, regretting being an obedient child. I covered my face with my palms and let the tears made its way through my cheeks. It was the first time I regretted listening to my parents’ words. If mother really knows best, then eomma shouldn’t have done it.

I heard someone opened the door, but I ignored it. Whoever it was, I wanted to be alone. I was still in my grief. Just then I felt like someone sat next to me. That someone didn’t say anything and just sitting next to me.

I pulled my palms and glanced at that someone. It was Woobin, my husband. Ugh... it was disgusting to call him my husband but that was the truth. I couldn’t deny it. We had passed that ritual and then we were lawfully wife and husband.

“The guests are going home already.” He coldly said. I didn’t respond and we didn’t make any eye contact. None of us were looking at each other. “Do you want to go home... or help the cleaning service clean the room?”

His sentence earned a look from me while mentally screaming, CAN’T YOU READ THE SITUATION!!?! “I want to go home.” But I answered it instead.

“Good. Let’s go home!” he stood up and waited for me to stand up too.

“We’re not living in the same house, right?” while my mouth said it my eyes were staring at random thing in front of me, not focused on anything.

He inhaled a huge breath before answered, “If that’s what you want.”

His answer comforted me a little, so I stood up and he continued, “We can sell our house.” And that sentence was making me felt worse. So someone had bought a house for us!? So this marriage must had been prepared since weeks or even months ago, right!?

“Are we really going to live in the same house?” I repeated my question in different words.

“I’ve told you we can sell our house, right? It is quite big and fully equipped already. It will earn so much money.” How could he say such things with such a flat expression, when the person he was talking to was so miserable!!

I stared at him with a serious look but he replied me with a normal-flat look. He must be the one behind this marriage. He must be the ert who wanted to get married as soon as possible and made lots of kids! He must be the one who destroyed my future!!

“Are you the one?” I asked.

“I’m the one?” he asked back.

This person! I really would never be able to live with him! Troubles must be in him! He would bring nothing positive into my life! He would be a hole load to me! He must be my life destroyer!! You, ert Guy!!! “Where’s my parents?” and I gulped down all the gripes.

“Outside.”

I went outside as soon as he answered, leaving him behind. I found my parents were talking to his parents, and they looked happy. They were happy when I was so miserable! What a good parents they were.

“Eomma, appa,” I called them, and the fourth of them turned their head to me with a wide smile. “I... need to talk to you.”

“Sure! Say it here.” Said appa.

I clenched my hand due to the nervousness inside me ad looked around, making sure it was okay to say it there. “I...” I DON’T WANT LIVE WITH THIS ERT!! SAY IT! SAY IT, KIM JIWON!!

________________________________________________________________

Yeay, first chapter! comments are well-received, subscribers are best-welcomed, and upvotes are the thing I cherish the most! :)