Not Letting Go

She is not my dongsaeng

Gary stared blankly at the door of Ji Hyo’s room. He just bided goodbye to Ji Hyo 5 minutes ago. It was only 8 pm. Gary was disappointed that the day with Ji Hyo ended as early as 8 pm.

“Kang Gary, cheer up. We still have half a day tomorrow.” Gary was scheduled to leave for Seoul at 1 pm tomorrow afternoon since he has to attend a live radio show at 5 pm in the evening.

“But is only half a day. If Ji Hyo wakes up at 11 am or 12 pm, then I don’t get to see her at all. I need to leave this place by 11:30 am to ensure I can catch the 1 pm coach.” Gary sighed.

“Perhaps I can ask her for breakfast. Then she will have to wake up early, and I can still catch her before I leave.” Gary texted Ji Hyo, He waited for 10 minutes but no replies from Ji Hyo. Gary decided to take wash up first.


Ji Hyo smiled at herself in the mirror as she started blowing her hair dry. She has really enjoyed her day with Gary. Good sceneries, good food, fresh air, fun places and a caring oppa. This was the kind of vacation she always wanted to spend if she has a boyfriend. Baek Chang Ju couldn’t do that with her due to his busy schedule. The critical key point is that Ji Hyo never ever thought of taking a vacation with him since she still felt uneasy at times with her CEO boyfriend, or rather ex CEO boyfriend.

Kang Gary was different. Ji Hyo felt relaxed and warm when she is with Gary. The conversation and skin ship are nature and comforting.

“But he is not my boyfriend. Next time if I have a boyfriend, I shall come here again with him. And we shall hold hands throughout the day.” Ji Hyo laughed at herself for her thoughts.

 “I sounded like some high school girls, hold hands with my boyfriend throughout the day.” Ji Hyo put down the hair dryer and pick up her phone. She wanted to go through the photos taken today when she saw a message from Gary.

Kang Gary, 8:05 pm : Breakfast at 9 am tomorrow? Or 8:30 am?

“What makes him think I can wake up so easy.” Ji Hyo laughed, she wanted to reply the message but her hands slipped. Her phone dropped under the dressing table.

“Clumsy me.” Ji Hyo bend down to retrieve her phone when she saw a piece of paper. She picked up the paper and was about to dump it into the bin when she saw her name on the paper.

Even if there are hundred other girls, I only want you. Song Ji Hyo.

Even if I am just drinking a cup of coffee, I only think of you. Song Ji Hyo.

Even if you already have a boyfriend, I still want you. Song Ji Hyo.

Even if I am mending my broken heart, I still think of you. Song Ji Hyo.

Even if the day would end, I only want to spend the last minute with you. Song Ji Hyo.

Love is so far, so far from me. Watching you from a distance is all I wanted.

Gelly loves Mong Ji.  Mong Ji does not love Gelly.

Ji Hyo couldn’t believe her eyes.

“This is written by Kang Gary? Really? Written by Kang Gary? This is my name? My name?” Ji Hyo blinked her eyes thrice, trying to read the words on the piece of paper again.

Yes, this is obviously Gary’s handwriting, neat and tidy. Ji Hyo’s name is indeed written all over the paper.

Ji Hyo had this urge to knock on Gary’s door to give him a warm and big hug. She never noticed that Gary still have feelings for her. There were several occasions where Gary brought in a few young girls with him during RM filming. They acted close to each other. Ji Hyo thought these were his girlfriends.

Flashback

“He is used to having many girls, isn’t it? So is not surprising that every week he has a different girlfriend.” Ji Hyo was trying to suppress her frustration as she mumbled her words to Tae Han.

“Ji Hyo, you sounded like a jealous girlfriend.” Tae Han watched Ji Hyo from the corners of his eyes.

“Rubbish! I am not jealous. I am just his dongsaeng. This is how he introduced me to his bunch of girlfriends.” Ji Hyo tried to defend herself. But unknowingly, her frustrated and jealous look on her face already betrayed her.

“Does he still have feelings for me? These lyrics are a confession to me?” Ji Hyo questioned herself again. Somehow, the scene of Gary sleeping with some random girls in his office came into Ji Hyo’s mind again.

End of Flashback

“Yah! Stressed!” Ji Hyo threw herself onto the bed.

“Maybe I should keep a distance from him for the time being. I just broke up with Chang Ju oppa. I should not let my heart flutters too much at this point. Let’s sleep early.” Ji Hyo convinced herself to forget about what she just read on the paper. She switched off the lights to get ready for bed.


Gary peeped at Ji Hyo’s room as he stood at the balcony. The lights were off.

“She has gone to bed? Is only 9:15 pm. Did she see my message? How about breakfast?” Gary’s heart sank. He walked back into the room like a zombie. His eyes were pinning on the floor, his body moving wearily, like a person losing his soul.


“Oppa, open up. Oppa, please open up.” Gary was turning and tossing in bed when he heard Ji Hyo banging on his door.

“Ji Hyo, what happened? Are you OK?” Ji Hyo was standing right infront of Gary, there was sweat on her forehead and some tears stain at the corner of her eyes.

“Oppa, cockroach…….I had a nightmare. I dreamt that an army of cockroach gathered around my bed and wanted to throw me out of the room.” Ji Hyo couldn’t control her emotions at this point. Her legs went weak. Gary caught hold of Ji Hyo. He carried her the bridal way and put her on his bed.

“Oppa, there were cockroaches here also.” Ji Hyo looked around, feeling scared. Once Gary attempt to leave her on the bed, she fasten her grip on Gary’s neck.

“Ji Hyo, I already talked to the guesthouse owner this morning. He promised that he will get people to clean up both yours and my room. So no bugs or insects anymore.” Gary tried to comfort Ji Hyo.

“No Oppa, they did not do a thorough job. I found your lyrics under the dressing table. If they did do a good job on cleaning the room, then why your lyrics are still found under the dressing table?” Ji Hyo looked at Gary tearfully.

“Ok Ok. Ji Hyo, if you don’t mind, you can sleep here. I will keep you accompanied till you fall asleep. I will sit here and protect you from cockroaches. I will battle with whatever insects that come near our princess Ji Hyo.” Gary proposed.

“Oppa, promised?” Ji Hyo asked.

“Ji Hyo ar……I will do it if you want me to do it. I will also promised that I will not tell anyone in case your boyfriend gets angry over it. Why not you call your boyfriend tomorrow morning to fetch you back to Seoul. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon. How can you survive another night here?” Gary made his suggestions again.

“Chang Ju Oppa……I….I do not want to disturb him. His….his…new girlfriend doesn’t like it.” Ji Hyo muttered.

Gary was about to loosen Ji Hyo’s grip when he heard Ji Hyo mentioned about new girlfriend. Gary turned his head and face Ji Hyo again. Totally surprised and speechless.

“Who’s new girlfriend?” Gary asked, looking serious and determined.

“Nothing. Oppa, you can have this blanket. It will be cold tonight” Ji Hyo release her grip on Gary and tried to switch the topic.

“No, Ji Hyo, tell me. I am sure I heard something just now.” Gary insisted. His small eyes stared hard at Ji Hyo.

“Er…well….I had broken up with Chang Ju Oppa. He already had a new girlfriend. So…So….is not nice to get him to come all the way from Seoul to fetch his ex girlfriend.” Ji Hyo tried to talk as fast as possible. Once she finished her sentence, she quickly lie down on bed and pulled the blanket over her head, pretending to sleep.

A smile slowly spread across Gary’s face. Gary tried to contain his excitement. He felt like shouting “Hurry”. He felt like shouting “Thank god!”. At the same time, he also wanted to confirm with Ji Hyo again on her relationship status since he is afraid that he may have got the wrong message.

Gary climbed into the blanket. He pulled Ji Hyo to face him.

“Ji Hyo, are you saying the truth? You are single now?” Gary asked excitedly.

“Oppa, who allow you to climb into the blanket.” Ji Hyo tried to kick Gary off the bed.

Gary resist to get off the bed instead he dragged Ji Hyo closer to him. So close that they sense each other’s breathing and heard their heartbeat.
 

“Well, I….I…I am single now. I….I….ended my relationship with Chang Ju oppa….because….because….” Ji Hyo tried to explain when Gary put his finger on Ji Hyo’s lips.

“Ji Hyo, no need to explain. As long as I know you are now single.” Gary looked at Ji Hyo with loving eyes.

“You get what you want to know now? So you can get off the bed now?” Ji Hyo asked, trying to push Gary on his chest.

“I have more reasons to stay on this bed then.” Gary smirked. Gary did not know what got over him. His excitement on the news that Ji Hyo is single now? His hormones level which was soon be at the boiling point? He suddenly felt that if he let go of Ji Hyo now, she may ended up becoming another person’s girlfriend on the following day.

“I must not let go and I can’t let go.” Gary told himself.