Hello

The Man and the Demon
 
 
Do I really want to return to the Underworld...?
 
Chanyeol thought to himself as he rested his head against the floor of the hotel's attic. It'd be nice to see his friends. It was quite lonely in the Overworld. 
 
Though, his home was dark and lonely. Sunshine doesn't exist there, neither does warmth or happiness. Almost all the time, one could hear the wails of lost souls and psycho demons.
 
He frowned and thought about Baekyun instead of his home. The man who he had a small crush on. 
 
Even though he'd badly scared Baekyun, he wanted to get him to trust him...maybe even become his first human friend. He seemed really kind, especially towards his friends who .
 
He can't love Baekyun...nor can he love him. It was the Law by the order of Satan, but..... there wasn't any law saying he can't become his friend. 
 
Chanyeol thought...until he could get Baekyun to trust him, he will not return to the Underworld. 
 
Might as well make a nest in the attic...
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
"Are you sure you'll be okay, Baekyun?" Sehun asked his friend worriedly. He was crouched beside Baekyun's bed, giving him a worried look. 
 
Baekyun had woken up the guys from their nap eariler in the afternoon; when he saw those glowing yellow eyes. They'd asked what was wrong— but when he told them what he saw, no one believed him.
 
"Yeah I'll be fine..."Baekyun muttered as he looked anywhere but at Sehun.
 
"I could sleep in your bed if you want." Sehun offered to his tired and wary friend.
 
It seemed like a genuine offer but Baekyun shook his head no.
 
"Alright, good night Bacon." He pat him comfortingly and crawled into his own assigned bed with Suho.
 
"Lights are going out." Kyungsoo announced as he reached to switch off the old and tall lamp.
 
"Goodnight everyone!" Suho called out to the group.
 
"Goodnight." They echoed in unison.
 
Baekyun had his back to the closet, afraid of seeing the eyes again or worse— a shadowed figure.
 
He couldn't sleep at all, so he pulled out his phone, which he stuffed under his pillow, and opened his books app. The faint glow of his smart phone case a white light on his face. 
 
Baek had been reading for almost 10 minutes when he heard a noise 
 
Skrtch skrtch
 
It was coming from the closet door. He tensed, and refused to look behind him.
 
No more than 2 minutes had passed when he heard it again
 
Skrtch skrtch
 
Baek locked his phone and covered himself in his bed covers completely. He felt that cold, still air all around him. A sense of loneliness as well...?
 
The scratching wouldn't go away.
 
Instead, it increased in volume.
 
 Clearly, whatever it was, knew Baekyun was awake and was trying to get his attention. This dammed thing probably won't stop until he gets up and opens the door.
 
He grit his teeth and gained the courage to sit up and ever so slowly get close to the closet door. His knees shook violently, and his breaths were short and rapid. 
 
One more step closer.....then he gripped the door handle with sweaty palms. Turning the door handle seemed to be the most difficult task in this very moment
 
He closed his eyes as the door creaked open, which didn't help honestly. Other than the faint glow of his phone, it was pitch black.
 
Baek opened one eye, fully expecting to see a horrible creature ready to tear his throat or slash that marking into his chest. 
 
Instead, he saw a tall humanoid figure and those same set of yellow eyes that has been haunting him throughout the day. His phone dropped with a dull thud. He stood rigid with fear ; he couldn't run away nor get ready to fight.
 
His mind flashed back to his childhood self. Young boy Baekyun crouched in the covers of his bed. His TV switched on and off, the doors slammed and opened, but worst of it all...he could hear a voice laughing hysterically and taunting poor Baekyun. 
 
The creature slowly stepped out of the closet as Baekyun stood frozen. It crouched down, picked up his phone and held it out to him. 
 
It had messy dark colored hair, yellow cat-like eyes, black clawed hands and feet, a long black tail, razor-sharp teeth, and ears that stuck out.
 
"....yours?" It spoke in a rough and low voice. He had a rumbling and crackly sound, possibly from not speaking English for so long.
 
Baekyun was staring at the creature whom had his phone in his hand. How is it speaking English...?
 
"T—thanks." He shivered as he quickly swiped the phone from the demon.
 
"You are welcome Baekyun." The demon swayed it's tail back and forth, either from nervousness or excitement. 
 
Baekyun choked out, "How do you know my name? Do....do you have a name too?" He was very wary of this demon...it knew his name after all.
 
"Yes. I am called Chanyeol...do not be afraid of me please...I've seen you before. That's how I know your name, Baekyun." Chanyeol tried not to scare Baek anymore so he backed away a bit from him to give him some space.
 
"Okay...." Baekyun appreciated the fact that he backed up a bit. He felt slightly less threatened.
 
"You should probably go back wherever you came from." He told the tall demon.
 
Baekyun turned around and was about to go to his bed when he heard Chanyeol talking again,
 
"Wait. Baekyun...meet me the next night outside...under the crooked willow tree okay? Please." He gently pleaded the introvert human.
 
Baekyun hesitated for a good 10 seconds before slowly replying,
 
"Fine...but I will bring weapons to protect myself." He muttered as he looked down. 
 
"Alright. Good bye." and almost instantly, he had vanished into the darkness.