Thirsty: Minseok/Jongdae

Words Aren't Enough

Minseok just happens to be there when Jongdae needs something to drink.


“Are we seriously out of everything?” Jongdae takes another look in the refrigerator, shaking his head in annoyance since nothing has changed since he checked five minutes ago.

All he wanted was some juice. But they seem to be out of that, so he looked for some milkinstead. But they seem to be out of that too. Scanning the entire contents, he realizes they practically have nothing to drink.

 

“Aish seriously, how annoying is this.”

 

“What’s wrong?” Minseok comes into the kitchen, catching the last little bit of Jongdae’s rant. He’s carrying a few empty glasses and sets them in the sink, raising an eyebrow at Jongdae expectantly.

 

“There’s nothing in there hyung,” Jongdae almost whines, pointing at the fridge accusingly. Minseok comes over to take a look, his forehead furrowed.

 

“I don’t understand. We have plenty of food.”

 

“It’s not food I want.”

 

“You’re not hungry?”

 

“I’m thirsty hyung!” Jongdae would have stomped his foot but he is an adult and stomping one’s foot is not very adult-like behavior. So he settles instead for crossing his arms over his chest and scowling.

 

Minseok nods slowly. “And?”

 

“And we don’t have anything!”

 

“We have tap water Jongdae-ah.”

 

“Hyung. Let’s be serious here. I don’t want to drink tap water; we have to drink that when we’re on a diet. I’ve had enough tap water to last a lifetime.” Jongdae shudders, making the elder laugh.

 

“Okay okay, I see your point. Are you sure though? I’m pretty sure we just stocked up last week…” Minseok pushes Jongdae gently away from the fridge, opening the door to check himself.

 

Jongdae smiles to himself. He can really only act spoiled in front of Minseok. The other hyungs wouldn’t take him seriously since he’s not one of the youngest, nor one of the oldest. He’s just kind of stuck in the middle and it doesn’t help matters when they’re promoting in China and the other four are all over each other, leaving him and Minseok to fend for themselves.

 

Okay not really. But they have learned to depend on each other more so than the others when the groups are separated. Being the only two Korean members is harder than anyone would ever think so they stick together when they can.

 

It works out well actually. Minseok doesn’t like attention or spotlight or even talking that much, but he knows Jongdae does so he makes sure to lavish the singer with everything he can.

 

It’s made Jongdae a bit spoiled actually.

 

But he’s perfectly fine with that. Being the eldest, it’s in Minseok’s nature to take care of the members and he usually gives that care to Jongdae, always making sure he’s eating or he’s not working too hard or he’s studying his Chinese diligently.

 

The singer has tried to get Minseok to skip studying their Chinese in favor or playing games or something but Minseok won’t budge. Not yet anyway.

 

“I guess the others got the last of…everything.” Minseok closes the refrigerator door, shaking his head in affectionate annoyance. “Typical.”

 

“Does that mean we have to go shopping?” Jongdae smiles excitedly. He loves to go shopping with Minseok; the elder usually lets him pick out one thing to take home, just for himself. Of course, Minseok usually expects a bite from it and Jongdae thinks that’s a fair trade, more than willing to comply.

 

“I’m not shopping for the whole week,” scoffs Minseok. “We can just go to get a soda or something. What do you want?”

 

The singer pauses for a moment, thinking. “Juice. I want orange juice.”

 

“Even in this weather?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Minseok smiles at the other’s decisiveness. “I think I can manage that. Go get your coat first and I’ll get my wallet.”

 

“Thanks hyung!” Jongdae sails from the room, coming back seconds later ready to go. He is still thirsty but now it’s more so about spending time with his favorite hyung than actually getting a drink.

 

“Have you been hanging out with the maknaes recently?” asks Minseok casually, stuffing his wallet in his pocket.

 

Jongdae’s puzzled. “No more than usual. Why?”

 

Minseok grins cheekily. “Because you’re starting to act like them.”

“Hyung!” Jongdae’s insulted. He never means to be like a brat, especially towards Minseok. But seeing the elder’s teasing grin, he knows he didn’t mean it and just playfully shoves him instead. “Don’t group me in with them.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not. Anyway, shall we go then? Or are you not thirsty anymore?”

 

“Of course I still am. And you’re not doing much to fix it, hyung.”

 

“Let’s see what we can do about that.” Minseok smiles mischievously and Jongdae decides he likes this other side to his hyung.


A/N: I probably will be doing this story as a separate one because, you know, Xiuchen. And how can you not have other thoughts on them with this prompt? It may be published by itself or I'll do a special or something with it.