Final

Debonair

 

The first time I tried to hit on Mark, it didn’t go all too well. I prefer to think that it was simply Mark being too shy to admit his feelings.

 

The timing was right, the location was perfect even the lighting was spot on. And of course, I myself looked hot as but- 

 

“You see my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I am cute?”

 

Mark squints in the direction my finger is pointing  and just shrugs. “Why does he want to know that?” he asks with genuine curiosity and I almost squeal because god dammit his confused face just looks so adorable but of course, I just had to crush on the densest student in the school. 

 

Stupid Mark and his stupid dumb beautiful amazing face. 

 

It doesn’t really matter though. 

 

Jackson Wang doesn’t give up that easily. 

 

-

 

The second occasion happened on a Saturday. At a park, I think. 

 

It was around four in the afternoon when sun began to resemble an egg yolk and I was crouching behind a bush trying to avoid any vicious branches. And wow, would you look at that, it looks like Mark  just so happens to be at this park sitting in front of my bush. Not that I was hiding there to admire his hair or anything.

 

Anyways, I needed a more direct approach seeing as I failed my first mission and tumbling out of the bush and into his face seemed like the perfect thing to do at that time. 

 

Well, I ended up with a headful of leaves and he received a mouthful of leaves. 

 

“What the hell?” he spat, literally. Leaves spurting out of his mouth and yet still somehow looking cute. 

 

I sort of lost all my focus because of that dumb cute face and completely forgot whatever genius plan I had originally made so I just improvised. 

 

“Is it hot in here or is it just you?”

 

“What the hell, Jackson? You throws leaves into my mouth and now you are asking me for the temperature.” I am confused for a second and then I remember Mark is dense as and of course he didn’t get my pick up line.

 

“It’s 35 degrees today and the sun is still out, of course it’s hot you idiot.” He half yells half hisses and stalks off into the distance and most probably to some place where he can wash his mouth. 

 

“I think it’s just you.” I yell after him. “Like you’re hot, like as in y” 

 

Smooth like refrigerated chocolate. 

 

-

 

 

Onto the third mission which, I am pretty sure occurred during that one week we had swimming lessons as a grade. And I am not gonna brag about anything but I am like the school’s champion swimmer and there was no way Mark wasn’t gonna fall for my hair and body dripping with water. 

 

Just as I finished another lap I catch sight of Mark sitting on one of the side benches, alone. Immediately jump out of the pool and almost sprinted (cooly) to the latter while silently mouthing thanks to the lord for this golden opportunity. I almost managed to slip right in front of Mark’s face but of course caught myself with my smooth skills and suave abilities. 

 

This is it. 

 

The day Mark and I finally get together. 

 

I take a deep breath and (not so) discreetly attempt to flex my muscles and resist the urge to wiggle my eyebrows because I have been told that it makes me look like a creep, courtesy of Park Jinyoung. 

 

“Hey Mark, your body is 65% water and I’m thirsty.” I say before giving his body a once over because my my future husband was sure hot. 

 

For a second, Mark looks confused then panicked. I was confused at his panic but soon became even more panicked because of his panic. 

 

“Mark-“

 

“Jackson, are you dehydrated?”

 

“Wait, am I what?”

 

“Jackson, you are the star swimmer you have to make sure you have proper hydration.” Mark says frown deepening. 

 

“No that’s not what I-“ 

 

“Wait here, you said you were thirsty right? I will get you water.” Mark says before giving a small smile and running off to god knows where to obtain water. And I am left still dripping wet on the side bench wondering where it all went wrong. 

 

Still wallowing in my dumbfounded state, I didn’t notice Mark’s hurried return with two water bottle, pressing one urgently to my lips and another to my forehead. I snap out of it before I choke on the water before shifting to glance at Mark’s still worried face. 

 

I can remember Mark’s small satisfied smile when I had managed to choke down the two bottles and I decide maybe things are going the right way. 

 

-

 

“Excuse me but I am new in town, can I have the direction to your place?”

 

“Jackson we have been neighbours for 7 years.”

 

“Excuse me, can I have the directions?”

 

“Jackson, seriously.”

 

“To your heart.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Well.”

 

“Fine, only if you stop asking me all those stupid questions.”

 

“They are not stupid, they are smooth.”

 

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

 

“You do, babe."

 

 

“Seriously, stop.” 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

So it turned out like this... comments?