I Love You No Matter What

When I Look At You

It's a sunny day in the weekend. I'm strolling at the park with my bubbly sister, Bom. She's just older than me by eleven months. She's practically a twin of mine but we don't look much alike. She's got this long caramel-like hair, big brown eyes, and full pinkish lips while I have dark brown hair, slightly almond eyes, and not-so-thick lips. It's like my sister is the girl every guy wants then there is me who is an average eighteen year-old girl. I really don't know how we are related but I'm still grateful that she's my sister because we share the same interests and antics.

 

We walked over a bench under the shade of a tree and took a seat. We're just there, admiring the scenery in front of us where orange leaves fall as they are being blown by the cool autumn wind and children running around as they catch those leaves before they touch the ground. 

 

"It's fun to see children like this. It reminds me of our childhood." Bom suddenly spoke, breaking the silence surrounding us. 

I looked at her with a warm smile as I begin to remember those moments as well. I took my gaze away from her and looked at the children again. "Yeah, those times when we bury ourselves in a pile of leaves and just chase each other as we enjoy the breeze every fall. I wish we could bring back those times, Bommie.", I sighed as I replay those memories in my head. 

"Aigoo, don't make me tear up in public, Darong!", she said before slapping my right arm lightly and I just laughed her actions. Suddenly, I hear my sister inhaled deeply and said, "Mmm, I smell corn!!" Aigoo, her love for corn is just undeniable. "I'm gonna buy some, you want?" I shook my head as she quickly stood up and headed towards the food stand.

 

Now, I'm left alone for a while so I closed my eyes and just let myself feel the breeze that embraces me as I sit still on my position. All of the sudden, I feel a movement on my right side. "Bommie, don't be all excited just because you have corn now.", I muttered without bothering to open my eyes. 

 

"Um, I'm sorry to bother you. I'm just cold is all."

I heard a voice that's absolutely not Bom say. 

 

I open my eyes to see its owner and find myself staring at this girl looking at a distance, shivering while caressing her arms with her chubby hands to warm herself up. What was she thinking? She's just wearing a black sleeveless shirt , ripped-up jeans, and worn-out boots. 

 

"Hey.." I called out to her softly, catching her attention. 

"Y-yeah?", she stuttered as she keeps on shivering due to the cold weather. "Why are you wearing only that? You know it's cold outside.", I asked curiously while looking at her outfit. 

She bowed her head, probably embarrassed about herself. Then I saw a tear fall down her left cheek. Uh oh, I didn't mean to sound rude. 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. It's just-" She cut me off, saying with a weak shaky voice, "No, it's fine. This day is just not one of those good ones for me." She sniffs a bit then continues, "I just had to go out that I forgot to put on some warm clothes."

 

I noticed her constantly wiping her tears since it keeps on pouring out of her eyes. I grab my hankerchief out of my pocket and hand it to her. She looks up at me and takes the piece of cloth out of my hand. Then the most beautiful smile appeared on her face despite her puffy eyes and damp cheeks. She's beautiful. She doesn't deserve to be crying because that smile is so precious. 

 

"Don't cry now, okay?", I comfortingly said to her. She nods then uses my hankerchief to dry her eyes and cheeks.

"I'm Dara", I smiled as I introduce myself to her and held my hand out to her. She accepts my hand and shakes it. 

"I'm Chaerin. Good to meet you, Dara."

Again, that smile that already makes me feel giddy inside and I think I felt some electricity went through me when she held my hand before letting go of it. Maybe it's just because it's cold, yeah that's it. 

"Thank you for comforting me in a way and sorry for your hankerchief being wet because of me." She added. Chaerin was about to give the hankerchief back to me but I stopped her and told her to keep it. Despite her skin being cold, she smiled so warmly at me and I swear, my heart went crazy and I think I need to calm it down. 

Why do I feel like I've known her for a long time but I just met her minutes ago? What are you doing to me, Chaerin? 

We just stared at each other then Bom appeared in sight with a bowl of corn in her hand. I forgot that I was with her because this girl in blonde suddenly pops out of nowhere. 

"Dara-yah!!" she screamed my name as she walks closer to me.

"Um, I think I need to go now. Thanks again, Dara." Chaerin said to me. She stands up and walks away without any other words being said, leaving me staring at her as she keeps on walking, hands tucked inside her pockets, until she's out of sight. 

 

Bom sat beside me, where she formerly sat a while ago. The seat where Chaerin emerged out of the blue when I was in deep thought earlier. "Who's that, Dara?" she asked me. "Um, just someone who needs to be comforted." I shifted my gaze to my sister who is munching her corn. "Ahh, so my sister found a new friend.." she teases me all of the sudden. "Haha, you're blushing, Dara." she giggles, teasing me further. 

Omo, am I really blushing? I cupped my cheeks with both hands and felt it getting warmer. Aish, don't tell me I got attracted to her in an instant? No, I just admire her beauty and those eyes when she smiled.. Dara, stop it! 

"Aigoo, finish your corn so we can go, Bommie!" I replied back to her and she just laughed while finishing her corn in a flash. "Done! Now, let's go so we can talk more about your new friend." She quickly got up and run while dragging by the arm. Aish, this girl really. But as we are heading home, my mind is stuck to one thought and I admit that it's bothering me. 

 

Will I be able to see her again?

 

***************************************************************************

 

It's the first day of classes and I am not excited about it. The weather is so damp and gloomy. I don't want to leave my bed. My stupid alarm clock awaken me and I hate it. I was about to fall asleep again when my bedroom door slammed open as Bom enters and wakes me from my slumber. 

"Dara-yah! Wake up, it's time for school. I don't wanna be late." she tries to wake me up by shaking my shoulders aggressively. 

"Stop it, Bom. Fine, I'm up", I groaned at her while struggling to open my eyes. "Get prepared, I cooked us breakfast so get up already or the food will be cold." Bom said then stood up and left. 

I reluctantly got up from bed and faced myself in the mirror. "I better get ready now or Bom will kill me.", I yawned while rubbing my eyes, forcing myself to wake up completely. After I got prepared, we ate our breakfast prepared by Bom, left our dorm and headed to school.

 

We got surprisingly early at our classroom. There were just a few students sitting at their chairs, waiting for the classes to start. Bom and I are on the same year, much more classmates, since we're just eleven months apart. We took a seat at the back and just waited for the time to pass. Other students start to enter the classroom but I didn't bother to look at them. Then Bom's voice startled me when she yelled someone's name, "Mingkki!!" 

Mingkki? As in our childhood friend? I quickly turned my attention to the person mentioned. "Minji!!", I called to her as Bom and I walked towards her and shared a group hug. Other students were glaring at us but we didn't care.

"Hey SsangPark! It's clear that you missed me.", Minzy said after breaking the hug. 

"Of course we do! How was Japan? It's been ages since we last saw you." Bom said with a big smile on her face. "It's just 5 years ago, Bommie. And Japan was amazing. But I still missed my hometown and I'd be staying here to finish my studies." Minzy gladly said to us. "Really? That's good to hear! Glad to have you back Minji." I smiled at her.

"Me too, Dara.", she said, giving me a lovingly smile. Too lovingly for a friend like me. Weird. I mentally shook off the idea as the three of us kept chatting until the bell rang to acknowledge that it's time to begin the classes. 

We all sat properly in our assigned seats and I noticed that the chair on my left was still unoccupied. "I wonder who's not here yet.", I murmured to myself.

 

The professor is in the middle of her discussion when the last student finally arrives. We all looked at the student's direction and I was surprised at who I saw. 

"Ms. Lee, you're late and it's the first day.", our professor scolded her. 

"I'm sorry, Ms. It was unintentional. I promise I'll go to school early.", she replied. I'm still at the state of being surprised but that feeling is gradually changing into awe as I admire her features. 

She's wearing the same uniform as us but she makes it look more stunning. Although she's almost breathless because of catching up to class, she still managed to look pretty with her blonde hair tied up in a ponytail. She's overall gorgeous. 

"Okay, I'll let it slide this time because it's the first day. Never be late again, are we clear, Ms. Lee?", the professor talked to her again, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes, ma'am", she nods in agreement. She looks so cute! Wait, what? 

"Good. Now, kindly occupy that seat beside Ms. Park so I can continue my lecture." 

"Okay, thank you.", she bowed to the professor and walked towards her seat. 

 

She took a seat and recognized my presence. I guess I could say that she's surprised as well. We didn't talk because we don't want to get caught by our professor. I just kept on turning the pages of my book then I notice her handing me a piece of paper. I sneakily take it then quietly unfold it and read her writing. 
 

Hi Dara. It's nice to see you here. I never thought I'd see you again. Will you have lunch with me later? I think I still owe you about that day when we met. Just nod at me if you will. 

 

I don't know why but I blushed after I read her note. Do I really like her that way? That fast? Should I go with her later? All these thoughts are dominating my mind. I look at Chaerin and find her staring back at me. I think my blush became redder.

I absentmindedly nod at her and she smiles at me. That smile. She broke our staring game and shifted her eyes on her book like nothing happened. I did the same and my mind is filled with random thoughts, mostly about her.

 

Hours passed and I didn't know that it's already lunch time. I was about to walk towards Chaerin when Bom calls me, "Dara-yah! Let's have lunch with Mingkki!" 
I glance at Chaerin and I can see some hint of sadness in her eyes. Oh, is she upset? I held her hand before she even thinks of walking away. 

"Bommie, I want you to meet Chaerin. She's the friend I told you about who I met back at the park before." Bom and Chaerin were both surprised when I made the introduction. "Nice to meet you, Chaerin-ssi. I'm Park Bom, Dara's beautiful sister." Bom smiled as she took Chaerin's hand to shake it. 

"You too, Bom-ssi. Wait, you're sisters?" she asked both of us curiously. I chuckled at her, "Yeah, she's eleven months older than me.", I explained. She just nods in understanding. I find myself staring at her again. Gosh, she's so beautiful. 

"So, Chaerin, you want to have lunch with us?" Bom suddenly asked her, making me get back to my senses. I need to stop spacing out. Geez. "Um, sure." Chaerin shyly agrees then she looks at me. If you keep on staring at me like that, Lee Chaerin, I swear I'll melt in no time. "Good! Let's go! Mingkki, let's eat!!" Bom called Minzy who's just finished packing her stuff and we all head to the cafeteria.

 

***************************************************************************

 

Time flashed before my eyes. Chaerin and I got closer than ever. She had told me the reason of her crying at the park. She found her ex-girlfriend cheating on her then broke it off with her. It was also the time when I admitted to myself that I'm falling for her and I promised not to make her cry like she did when she told me that incident of hers. I also vowed to never break her heart if ever she gives it to me to love and cherish. 

 

We, along with Bom and Minzy, always hang out after class. Chaerin and I keep on sharing secret stares when nobody looks. Is it safe to say that she likes me too? Let's not get our hopes up. 

 

I learned that Chaerin is into music that she actually signed up for the music club. She plays the guitar so well that I was mesmerized when I first heard her play. There would be an upcoming school event where she would perform. Bom would be the vocals while she plays. Lately, they had been busy rehearsing for their performance and Bom had been late coming home because of it. I've also observed that they became closer than before. Almost as close as Chaerin and I are.

 

It's two weeks before the event and all the performers are having their practices since it's break time. I'm sitting here alone at the school courtyard since Chaerin and Bom are still practicing while Minzy has her own because she'll be dancing at the event. Why do I have to be surrounded with talented people? 

I sighed as I look around, everybody is being occupied in their own world. In one room, I saw Minzy coming out and pacing in my direction to approach me. 

"Hey, Dara. How goes it?", she asked as she sit beside me. She stares at me with that smile which she only does in front of me. I ignored my thought and answered, "I'm fine. I just miss you guys since you're all busy." I felt her hand reach mine and held it firmly. 

 

"But I'm here now." 

 

I looked at her confusely. I swear, there's more meaning under that sentence than a friendly reminder. I put my head on her shoulder because I find it surprisingly comfortable with her right now. 

 

"Thank you", I muttered to her as I closed my eyes. Suddenly, a familiar face with blonde hair invaded my mind. Chaerin. 

 

I opened my eyes and quickly sat properly. "Um, Minji, I think I need to go.", she looks upset when I told her that. "I'll see you later, okay?", I assured her and she nodded slightly at me. I smiled and paced through the hallway and got myself to the nearest rest room.

 

I was shocked when the blonde girl from my thoughts a while ago is now in front of me. She looks at me as she dries her hands with a towel. 

 

"Dara." was all she said. 

 

I'm still frozen at my place then she takes my hand and drags me to the music room. It's quiet since it's only the two of us in here. 

 

"Why did you bring me here?", I asked her confusingly. I look around the room, familiarizing it for it was my first time entering this room. "Um, I want you to rehearse with me while Bom's still busy with her project.", she told me. 

 

"Please?"

 

She looks up at me with hopeful eyes. Who can even resist you when you're being so adorable, Chaerin? 

 

"Okay."

 

She did that beautiful smile and I think my heart is melting already. Be mine, Chaerin. If only I was brave enough.. She takes one of the guitars and we sit on the stools, facing each other. 

"Okay, let's begin." She starts to pluck the strings and once again I'm hypnotized by this girl. Good thing, I managed to blurt out the lyrics. I knew the song because it's Bom's and my favorite song. Witnessing Chaerin playing it so perfectly makes me love it more. Makes me love her more.

As I finished singing and she ended it with one gorgeous on her guitar, she finally spoke. "Wow, you have a great voice, Dara. You may not have a powerful voice as Bom's but yours is very sweet and pleasing to the ears. I love it." 

My heart skips a beat when I heard her compliment me. "Thank you.", was all I could utter as I bow my head shyly because I know that I'm already bushing madly. 

"Hey, Dara." I felt her pull her chair closer to mine and sat beside me. "I missed you.", she added and smiled warmly at me. 
The same smile when I comforted her at the park, minus the tears. I was caught off-guard by her sudden confession but I managed to lift my head to face her. 

"I really missed you, Dara. I'm sorry for not-" I hushed her by putting my index finger to her soft lips and my lips form into a smile as well. "It's okay, Chae. All that matters right now is that you're here with me."

I didn't know how long we have been staring at each other. I noticed her slowly leaning towards me as she shifts her gaze down to my lips. I begin to lean towards her, narrowing the gap between us. My heart is beating too fast, we're just an inch apart. I was on cloud nine when her lips touched mine. I feel so light-headed right now because I'm overwhelmed by this moment. Can we stay like this even just for a while? 

My wish was not granted as the bell unfortunately rang, making us aware of what we just did. She pulled away and said, "It's time for our next class. We should go now." She stands up and just left me there, confused and having a lot of thoughts inside my head. 

 

Do you love me too?

 

***************************************************************************

 

I got home from school with an exhausted face. I sighed and slumped down on my bed. 

"Bom's probably late again", I said to myself. I'm actually jealous of my sister because she gets to spend more time with Chaerin and she gets to hear every wonderful note that she produces with her guitar. 

 

Chaerin. 

 

Her name is like tattooed in my brain already. She completely stole my heart with her perfection. Just thinking of her makes me wet down there. I admit, I've been fantasizing about her lately. But now, I decided to be bolder. 

I close my eyes and just let my hands roam around my body, imagining Chaerin to be the one touching me right now. I let my hands land on my and give them a light squeeze. 

"Ahh~", I begin to moan as I caress them and pinch my s over my blouse. I got irritated with it so I remove my blouse and bra and just continue to play with my chest. My hands went down to my flat stomach, gently caressed it and went further to the hem of my skirt. I immediately took off the remaining clothes I have until I'm completely on my bed. 

My fingers starts to play with my , causing a loud moan to escape my mouth. "Ungh.. Chae.." I keep on my and decides to enter myself with my dirty fingers. I gasped in pleasure as I my finger in my core. 

"Yeah~ Chae... Ungh.. Ahhh~" 

I added another finger and kept pumping them inside my wet center. Chaerin's face is now vivid in my mind as I keep on pleasuring myself, thinking it was her giving it to me. 

 

"I love you, Chaerin!!", I screamed as I felt my left my system and everything went black.

 

***************************************************************************

 

I found myself standing in front of the school gate. What the? I don't even remember waking up. Anyway, a week has already passed since the incident of my first kiss with Chaerin. 

She has been avoiding me ever since. Was it a mistake? Am I just the nearest person to her and she's just damn and decided to let it out on me? But why am I not mad at her? Because I still love her. Love is a pain in the .

 

I entered our classroom and found it empty. Huh, I must be very early. I glanced at my watch, 6:30. What the hell? Classes will start in 30 minutes. Where is everybody? This day is getting weird. Wait, where's Bom? I haven't seen her since- "Hey Dara!", someone shouted by the door, interrupting my thoughts. I turned to see Minzy smiling at me.

"Hi, Minji-ah. Why is the classroom empty? Classes are about to start.", I said.

"Um, Dara. I want to ask you something."

"I'm listening.", I give her a curious look.

 

There was a long pause then Minzy finally spoke again after releasing a puff of air in her chest.

 

"Can I court you, Dara? I've been hiding these feelings for you and I don't think I can't take it anymore. I want you to know how much I like you. No, I think I'm in love with you. Will you let me capture your heart?"

 

I was silent. How would I respond to that? This is so unexpected. Getting weirder, indeed. She kneels in front of me as I'm sitting still on my chair looking at her dumfoundedly.

 

She holds my hand and asks me again, "Will you, Dara?"

 

I guess this is a sign that I should get over Chae because there is no way she would like me. She doesn't even bother to see me after their practices. Minzy is a good person and friend. I don't think I can afford to break her heart but I don't want to give her hope as well. I still love her. I still love Lee Chaerin.

 

"Okay.", I said in a low voice.

 

Minzy looks up at me with joy in her eyes. "Did you just-"

"Yes, I'd let you court me. But I won't guarantee that I'd say yes soon enough", I say in a rather flat tone.

 

She didn't notice it since she pulled me into a tight hug. I'm still at shock with all the things that had just occured but I hugged her back. I think my body's gonna break with the hug but I think my heart is breaking even more as I saw Chaerin's presence by the door. Seriously? Why did I deserve to be in this position now? She walked away when our eyes met. I swear I saw tears starting to form in her brown orbs. 

 

What do you really feel about me, Chae?

 

***************************************************************************

 

Five days have passed and Minzy has been consistently courting me with flowers and other tokens of her love for me. It's very thoughtful of her but I don't think I could still do this because I know she'll just be hurt in the end. I am actually hurting myself too because I feel like I'm breaking my promise about my love for Chaerin.

 

Bom and I are walking across the hallway, heading for the cafeteria. She has been teasing me with Minzy and saying that I should accept her now as my girlfriend. Aish, this lady spring. I remember her teasing me at the park when I just met Chaerin.

 

Chaerin. It's amazing how my mind always goes back to her.

 

"Have you seen Chaerin lately? Don't lie 'cause I know you know.", I suddenly blurt out.

"Um, I think she changed her schedule. She said that it would make her manage her time easier with her studies and our rehearsals going on.", she tells me while taking a few bites of her sandwich.

Or she changed her schedule because she doesn't want to see me anymore. That thought made my heart ache.

 

After class, Minzy and I are walking at the courtyard, just feeling the presence of each other. I gotta tell her right now. We decided to sit at one of the benches.

"Minji.."

"Dara."

We spoke simultaneously that earned a little chuckle from both of us.

"You first", she said to me.

"Um, Minzy. I don't think I can give you the answer that you want me to say."

She smiles bitterly. "I knew it."

 

What?

 

"It's Chaerin, right?"

 

Again.. What?!

 

"H-how.. How did-" I can't seem to make out sentences right now.

"It's okay, Dara. I shouldn't have forced myself to you. I knew all along that you liked Chaerin. Since she didn't make a move to you, I made mine.", she said as she looks up in the sky. Tears begin to well in her cat-like eyes.

 

"I really love you, Dara. I hope we can still be friends, though. I'll stop courting you because I know someone already owns that heart of yours."
My own tears begin to form after she said those words. Thank you, Minzy. You really are a good person. I hug her and I can tell that she didn't see it coming.

"Thank you. Thank you for loving me even if I can't reciprocate it. I'll always be there for you as a friend. Don't forget that." We broke our embrace.

"I gotta go now. I still have to perfect my choreography for the Blackjack event. I'll see you around, Darong.", she smiled genuinely and left a kiss on my left cheek as she stands up and walks away.

 

***************************************************************************

 

Today is the last day before the Blackjack event. Everyone is busier than ever that the school admin have announced that classes today are postponed to give way to the preparation for tomorrow. It actually favors everyone, even me. It gave me an opportunity to find Chaerin.

I've been in every floor of our building but I fail. Where the heck is she? Maybe Bom knows.

First ring... Second ring... Third ring...

Why isn't she picking up?

Fourth... Fifth.......

The tone went busy. Maybe she is too. I sigh in defeat.

 

I went to the rest room again to clean my face and hands. Just when I thought I've lost all hope.

Here she was. Still looking gorgeous as always.

"Chaerin", I called.

She stares at me. I can't seem to read her expression. Her eyes are darker than usual. Before I know it, she made me enter one of the empty stalls, pushed me up against the wall and kissed me like there's no tomorrow. I'd be lying to myself if I say I'm not . I manage to kiss back as furiously as she does. I never imagined to be having a make out session in a bathroom stall but with Chaerin, I'd give in. She's like a drug to me.

"Mmm..", I moan as she on my neck, caressing one of my with one hand and holding me by the waist with the other.
I take hold of her shoulders while she keeps on pleasuring me on my weak points. Her lips returned to mine. This kiss we share right now is so different from our first. It was gentle and innocent but this was passionate and aggressive. A total opposite.

She on my tongue and I let out another moan. I've never been so lustful in my entire life. "Ungh, Chae..", I moaned to her ear when she suddenly hold my . "Ahh~ Chaerin~" I moaned louder when her fingers on my sensitive area to tease me. I can feel my whole body burning but Chaerin stopped.

 

"I've always wanted to do that. But I can't."

 

With those words still ringing in my brain, Chaerin left me hanging in a mixture of bafflement and lust.

 

What the hell, Chaerin?

 

***************************************************************************

 

Everything seemed to flash forward to the Blackjack event. Although time moved in a speed of light, I was left behind with the memory of what happened yesterday with her.

I've always wanted to do that. But I can't.

What does she mean by that?

 

I found myself sitting at one of the seats in the theater where the event would be held. Bom is coming out of the stage and so is she, my beloved Chaerin.

"Good evening, everyone. I am Park Bom and on guitar is the talented Lee Chaerin."

They both bowed their heads then Bom continues, "I hope you're still up for more. I'll be singing When I Look At You."

Everyone clapped their hands and soon it died out as Chaerin starts to play her instrument and Bom sings the song.

[When I Look At You - Miley Cyrus]

Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song

It takes me back to that moment when I was singing it for Chaerin in the music room.
 

*flashback*

A beautiful melody
When the nights are long

I'm singing so softly as I look at you strumming the notes so gracefully.

'cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy
Yeah when my world is falling apart
When there's no light
To break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more
That's when I, I
I look at you
When I look at you

You stare at me with a hint of happiness in your eyes. I could look at them forever.

I see forgiveness
I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone

I keep singing the lyrics as I let my voice be accompanied by the melody you do with every . Like the way my heart beats in sync with your strumming on my heartstrings.

Yeah when my world is falling apart
When there's no light
To break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more
That's when I, I
I look at you

I can't help but melt whenever I look at you. I don't know how you do it but with you, everything feels so right.

You appear just like a dream to me
Just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me
All I need
Every breath that I breathe
Don't you know you're beautiful
Yeah, yeah, yeah

There's no denying that I have fallen for you. And day by day, I keep on falling deeper. Will you be able to catch me before I break into pieces?

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more
That's when I, I
I look at you
I look at you
Yeah,
Whoa,
You appear just like a dream to me

But it doesn't matter because I love you no matter what. I love you, Lee Chaerin.

 

Loud applause surrounding me dragged me back into the present time and I see my sister walking out of the stage and the love of my life following her. This is it, Dara. You must get it together.

Tell her how you feel.

I got up on my seat and proceeded to the backstage where all the performers are gathered. My heart is going crazy. Breathe, Dara. You must be strong. It's worth a shot. She just might love you back.

 

When I opened the door of their dressing room, my heart dropped from my chest to the cold floor. I don't think I've ever felt as much pain as I have right now. Seeing her lips on my own sister's lips is just enough for my mind to go blank. They aren't even aware of my presence. I just stepped back and run away from this situation I just got myself into.

My chest is aching from so much pain and exhaustion from running but I don't want to stop. I suddenly found myself in the middle of nowhere. It's so dark but I don't care since this is what I feel inside of me. Nothing but cold and dark.

 

I've always wanted to do that. But I can't.

 

Is this what you mean, Chaerin? That you have loved my sister instead of me? I shouldn't have let myself believe that someone like you would love me. I'm tired of crying but I can't help it. It ing hurts.

I hate you Bom. How could you? You know I love Chaerin so much. Is this why you've been late so often? Is this why you keep on saying that I should say yes to Minzy?

I hate myself for falling in love. Love is really a pain in the . It's more than that. It's hellish.

I hate you Lee Chaerin. I hate you so much. I promised to never break your heart but you smashed mine without mercy. I hate you for playing with my feelings. But most of all, I hate you because I can't help but still love you even though I'm hurting.

 

Dara! Dara!

 

Now, I can tell that I'm out of my head because I'm hearing things. Suddenly, I can feel warmth starting to embrace me. It feels so strangely comfortable.

 

Hey Dara! Can you hear me?

 

That voice is so familiar. My vision is starting to get blurry. Before I knew it, I completely lost my senses and everything went blank.

 

***************************************************************************

 

Dara was struggling to open her eyes since they hurt because of the tears still falling.

"Hey Dara, can you hear me?" the person next to her said.

Dara managed to open her eyes. But her sight was still vague.

"Thank goodness, you're awake. You scared me, baby."

 

"What happened?", Dara finally spoke.

"I don't know, you tell me. It's like you're having a nightmare back there", her partner joked.

"All I remember was I found my Chaerin kissing my sister at the backstage and I was so hurt that I run with all the strength I have left. I felt so devastated.", Dara told her.

 

"Woah, wait, you dreamt about that? You know that would never happen. I would never kiss Bom. She scares me, first of all.", Chaerin chuckled.

"Also, she even helped me court you by singing to you while I play the guitar back in college, remember? And I would never ever kiss anyone else but this girl in front of me", she added and gave Dara a gentle kiss. Dara was still light-headed but everything became clear when she finally realized that she just woke up from a very bad dream.

Dara kissed her back as she fully recovered from her nightmare. She felt so relieved that her heart has found the comfort she needed from the love that she's receiving from Chaerin's affection.

They broke the kiss and sat properly on their bed, Chaerin cuddling her wifey to her arms closer to her.

 

"Anything else that happened in your dream, baby?", Chaerin asked while she gently kissed Dara's head.

Dara chuckled before answering, "Well, there was Minzy who courted me. Since you didn't made your move, she confessed her own feelings to me." She pinched Chaerin's nose after she said that, teasing her partner.

"Oh did she? Should I be jealous?", Chaerin looked at her eyes intimately while pouting.

Dara kissed her partner's pouting lips. "Nope. Don't worry, my hubby. Even though she did court me, all I see is you. Even in my dreams, my heart flutters when I look at you. I still loved you even after your scene with Bommie."

"Please stop saying it, Dara! I can't even imagine.", she groaned.

Dara laughed at her hubby's reaction and snuggled closer to her embrace. Dara suddenly blushed when she remembered something else from her dream.

 

"Baby, I also touched myself while thinking of you and we almost had in a bathroom stall in my dream.", she shared and hid her crimson face to Chaerin's neck.

"Almost? Hmm, we can do that here later if you want to.", Chaerin smirked as she made that naughty suggestion.

"ert Pudong-ah!"

"Only to you, my Ssantokki."

They both giggled and kissed once again. Dara just loves the taste of her baby's soft lips. They looked at each other so lovingly after breaking the kiss, not even bothering to shatter the comfortable silence between them.

 

"I love you, my Chaerin. I'm glad that was only a bad dream. I couldn't imagine myself not being with you at least for one moment of my life.", Dara finally spoke.

She leaned her forehead to hers, feeling the warmth and love of one another.

"No matter what happens, I'll be yours and you'll be mine. I'll protect you from everything and I promise I will be here for you always. I love you, my Sandara."

 

They sealed their love with one last kiss and just enjoyed the company of each other as sleep conquered them once again. Dara, now twenty-six and married, would not worry about any nightmares this time because she knows Lee Chaerin is hers no matter what.

 

 

A/N: So there goes my first story. I'm actually making another oneshot. I am enjoying this! Lol. Leave a comment and tell me what you think! I'd like to thank all the awesome people who inspired and pushed me to write a fanfic. I guess the deprivation helped a lot. Lol. Chaera fighting!