Memories

Memories

Rendering 1%

Glowing numbers are all I see as I slump back onto the damp floor.

Rendering 2%

Darkness pours in through the gaps.

Rendering 3%

Silence.

 

The voices won't stop. The nightmares and dreams won't stop. Time won't stop.

Will nothing wait for me? Will I forever be thrown away and forgotten here in my little piece of nothingness? Is anybody there for me? Is anybody there?

Rendering 5%

I feel lonely. When can you come to visit me again? Later? Tomorrow? Never again?

I dreamt of you the other day. It was a happy dream. We were together like old times when we were little and played husband and wife. I held your hand when you let go, but why was it cold? Why did you disappear when I said I wanted forever with you?

 

 

Rendering 6%

You left me in the darkness again. Why? Did I do something wrong? Tell me please, I'll change just for you. I'll change just for us. I'll change.

Rendering 7%

When did you decide that it was time for us to part? I never said yes. When did you decide that you wanted out of this game? When did you decide that somewhere else was the better place for you?

Rendering 10 %

I've locked myself up for you. I swear to remake you. I promise that you won't be lonely again. I promise I'll bring you back. Just tell me what you need. Just tell me what I'm missing. Oh right, it's you.

I'm willing to sacrifice myself for you. Remember our promise? " 'Till death do us part." But wait, you're not dead, you're still here with me.

You're still here, just hiding. Why did you suddenly let go of my hand? Why did you close your eyes? Why did you stop breathing? Why did you give up? Why didn't you take me with you? Why did you leave me alone? Why? Why? Oh God tell me why? I miss you so much.

Rendering 14%

I remade myself to be with you. Just come alive once again for me. Please. A broken heart­ - I mended mine - with steel wires, metal tubes. I left a hole there though, I'll fill it in when you come back. When you say yes to forever.

Rendering 20%

I kept your memories, I kept our memories. I have them stored in a safe place until you are brought back. Until I bring you back. Your eyes are beautiful you know. That's what I love about you. I go crazy for you. I am crazy for you. I am crazy.

Rendering 26%

Your hair is still the same. Soft. Long. Brown. Perfect. I played with it I remember. I used to run my fingers through it and braid it for you while you read a book. That was until you starting losing your long locks. Until you started becoming pale and laid on your bed the whole day. That was until you started getting lazy and loved to sleep most of the time. That was until you started eating less. Why did you? Were you tired of me? Are you tired of me?

Rendering 33%

Your fingers that used to fly across the piano in a melodious tune. Your fingers that would make the most delicious food. Your fingers that tied the perfect tie for me when I was running late. Your fingers that were cold when you let go. I thought you were warm all the time. Where did that warmth go?

Rendering 40%

The robot arms add more to your incomplete frame as I prepare the memory that you soon will remember. Just wait for me. I'll see you again soon. I promise. I swear. But you don't believe me do you? Just wait. You'll see.

Rendering 48%

I sleep tonight, restlessly, waiting until you are completed, and ready to remember the times that we had. Your new body finally ready to accept the information that was gathered over the years.

Rendering 52%

The wiring is complete, only time will tell if you are willing to accept me again, just as you did when we had just graduated from college and were sitting right here in this cold, metal room, together. Just like we were when I had concentrated too much on my work but you had said that it was fine, that my discoveries were more important. And when we were broken and lost - almost unable to face one another. Are you afraid of me? Is that why you left? No, it can't be. I care for you too much. I hurt you too much. I'm sorry. But don't worry, I don't blame you. I've fallen too deep. I've fallen. Fallen.

Rendering 56%

 Your eyes begin to sparkle as you process what you see. The mechanical arms continue to add to your body, creating an exact replica of the form you had before. Before you were injured. Before you were damaged. Before you were imperfect. Before you destroyed yourself.

Rendering 64%

I watch as your eyes travel towards me and blink. I hold my breath, knowing that you cannot move yet but also knowing that you're coming back to me. Bit by bit, slowly. Come back.

Rendering 70%

You now look like you did before the mistakes, before the missing pieces. And now the only thing piece missing - us. Your memories of us. Our memories of us. Us.

Downloading Memory 10% . Overall rendering 80%.

You start to remember. I see the tears flowing. I cry for you. I cry for us. I cry.

Your eyes show recognition but you look fearful of me. What is it? Why do you look at me like that? Did I do something? Did I hurt you? Did I? I don't remember, why? Why can't I remember?! Why am I forgetting? I don't want to forget you. You. Don't. Know. How. Much. I. Regret. It. 

Downloading Memory 60%. Overall rendering 90%.

You move your legs over the edge of the surgical table. You rise to a sitting position. You stand up. You walk towards me. I fall. My mechanical heart lurches. I feel it mending, now that you're here. You've returned to me. Finally, I've waited for you for so long. I missed you.

Downloading memory 100%. Overall rendering 100%. Rendering complete.

Glowing numbers and you are all I see as I slump back onto the damp floor.

Darkness pours in through the gaps.

Thump thump thump.

Silence.