chap. 4

Candy Jar & Note Box

"WHUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT!??????" Chanyeol and Baekhyun shouted at the hallway.

"Mr. Byun! Mr. Park! Because you're going to graduate today so I'm gonna forgive you for being so noisy!!!" Mr. Kim said.

They both bowed at the Professor then they continue to circle around Sehun with Tao who looks so damn shocked too. Apparently, Sehun said he's going out with Mr. Han for a year now but they kept it a secret because, duh~ he's a student and Mr. Han is a Professor and HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE! if they got found out.

Sehun doesn't know anything about Tao's secret admirer. Now the three is wondering what the hell just happened. If Mr. Han is already with Sehun for a year now then why would he do all that for Tao. Is it a prank? Or does he want to two time Sehun? There's a lot of question and they all know the only one who knows all the answer.

"Let's graduate first before we kidnap Mr. Han." Chanyeol said as he drags Tao and Baekhyun.

Tao is a chaos. Mixed happiness because he's going to graduate and mixed negative emotions because of what Sehun said. There's a lot of question. Starting with what. What is Mr. Han thinking? What is happening? Then why. Why did he do that? Why did he have to be his admirer? How. How can Mr. Han do all those things? How can Mr. Han make him happy then sad and now, A ING CHAOS.

If it wasn't for the happiness of finally graduating into college Tao would surely be crying right now. Baekhyun put an eyeliner on him and styled his hair so he promised himself he won't cry or all of his best friend's effort will be such a waste.

-

Finally. They graduated. Tao did his best not to cry. But his best is not enough. All of his classmates awww'ed after seeing him shedding tears. Baekhyun and Chanyeol comforted him and joked about why he's crying. They asked him if he's crying because he graduate or if he's crying because he found out that Mr. Han is Sehun's boyfriend. Tao pouted saying he doesn't care if Sehun and Mr. Han is together, what he cares and what he was wondering is why Mr. Han did all that if he's already with Sehun. He was actually a little glad that they're together, maybe that's the reason why Sehun told him that he loves the Professor. Tao just really need answers.

His thoughts and his crying was interrupted with the girl's screams. Tao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at the entrance where the girls are gathering and screaming their lungs out like there's no tomorrow. Baekhyun even joked about celebrities coming. Kim Minseok, Kim Jongdae, Choi Minho, Lee Taemin, Lee Jinki, Kim Kibum, Kim Jonghyun, Wu YiFan and Lu Han the flower boys of the faculty are walking on the hall with their formal suits, perfectly waxed hair and well~ a bouquet of flowers each. 

The Principal of the University suddenly talked on the mic saying the flower boys will give the bouquets to the best student on each class. Behind them is another set of bouquet of red and white flowers. Tao's eyes never once leave Mr. Wu. DAMN! HE'S GORGEOUS! Those flowers in his arms makes him look like a model more. He's tall, young, handsome, and smart, no wonder girls are going crazy. When the older saw him staring he smirked and Tao swears he could die happy now. Mr. Han took his attention. The Professor was shooting Sehun love glances and he's smiling like a damn to Oh Sehun who has a. ... Well damn. Doesn't really need to be so obvious in front of everyone right.

"After this. Let's kidnap Mr. Han." Chanyeol said after nudging him. He just nods. 

The Principal starts announcing every best student on each class and their achievements. Every student's achievements can never get compared to Tao's. Despite being the youngest on all the fourth years together with Sehun, he's always first in class, he's a gold medalist for their department on the martial arts and sports competition and most of all, he made a song together with the music genius Yixing, his Professors, Mr. Han, Mr. Wu and the two Mr. Kim's. Happiness at it's finest. Tao feels proud. He cannot believe it himself, he didn't know he did so much in 6 months. Time passed by so much that he wanted to go back as a first year student again. He'll surely miss college and all of his friends, specially the Breakfast couple, EggYeol and BaekCon. Also, his twin brother on another mother, as dumb as he is or maybe dumber, Oh Sehun who still has a . Disgusting.

While he's busy mesmerizing Mr. Wu walked to him as his name is getting announced. He forgot about him for a moment there. The older is smiling widely at him, the gummy one, how cute. Tao smiled shyly at Mr. Wu as the Professor pass him the flowers. 

"Congratulations. I'm so proud of you." he said then pats the younger 's head. 

"Tha. ..thank you Mr. Wu." he said shyly. The older looked at him for a lot of seconds, he looked like he wanted to say something. 

"ZiTao. ..can you go to your classroom after the ceremony?" he asked. 

"Why? Are we still allowed to enter the building sir?"

"Use the back door. I'll leave it open. And.. .don't take anyone with you. I have something very important to say and you really need to know it." Tao just stared blankly as if trying to figure out what the other is saying. "It's about Lu. Just come okay? I'll wait for you." Wow. Tao is so excited and scared at the same time. Will Mr. Wu tell him the reason why Mr. Han did all that? Will he finally know what the professor is thinking? He looked at Mr. Wu's eyes and he can tell that what he's about to know is something big. 

"Okay sir. I'll be there." Tao said.

Mr. Wu smiled then continue his task on giving out the flowers. Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked him what just happened so he pulled them closer to him and whispered. The two said they'll wait for him at the front gates so he can tell them what happened after his little meeting with Mr. Wu. 

After all the celebrations Tao went to his classroom just like what he promised to Mr. Wu. The Professor is still not there so he waited. He doesn't want that day to end without knowing what is it that Mr. Wu wants to say about Mr. Han. 

After a few minutes of waiting, Tao finally heard noises at the hallway. He heard Mr. Han's struggling voice saying he doesn't want to go and Sehun is waiting for him. He can hear Mr. Wu too that he's just going to be there for a while and it won't hurt Sehun much to wait a little. Tao doesn't know what to think anymore so he just stood up and waited for the two Professor to come to him. The door opened, a pouting Mr. Han and a serious Mr. Wu entered the room and walked to him. He stoop up from where he is sitting and waited for them to talk. He's definitely not gonna be the one who will make the first move because Mr. Wu is the one who called him. 

"I really hate you right now Kris." Mr. Han commented with his arms crossed. "Just hurry up and tell him so I can go." 

"Tell me what Mr. Wu?" Tao asked. 

"Uhm. .." he hesitated. "ZiTao. Would you hate me if I lie to you?" he asked.

"It depends Mr. Wu. If it's a white lie and you have a good explanation then I'll try to understand and if not...I'll still try to forgive you. Just. ...apologize with all your heart." he smiled to the older. 

"Oh~" Mr. Han said. "Just tell him Kris. ZiTao is a good kid." he smiled at Tao. 

"Okay. Here it comes." he said as if he prepared something big. He took one deep breathe and closed his eyes. "I'm your secret admirer. I'm the one leaving the candy and the pick up lines." Tao's mouth is shaped to a perfect O. Kris expected that kind of reaction. He knows it'll be like that and still he didn't prepare himself for any response. Luhan just watched as the two guys in front of him look at each other's eyes. Both scanning what the other is feeling or thinking. 

"What're you talking about Mr. Wu?!!" Tao said a little angry but he didn't raise his voice, that's disrespectful. "You're lying!" 

"I'm not." Mr. Wu said.

"No! It's not you! It's Mr. Han!!" Tao revealed. 

"That's why I brought LuHan with me." he looked at the other Professor. "Help me out here." he said. It almost sounds like a beg. Mr. Han sighed then looked at Tao. 

"I know you saw me a few times leaving the candy and the notes. But. ..it's not me. It's Kris." he said. "Remember when he was hospitalized? You and your friends tried to catch your secret admirer and instead of Kris, you saw me? He begged for me to take the candy and the notes here in this room. He bought me lunch for a week for helping him while he's not here." 

"Also. .." Mr. Wu said. "There's are a lot of times that he did it for me because I'm too busy DOING HIS WORK." he quoted as he look at Mr. Han. "That's our deal. I'll do some of his work for him and in exchange he'll help me give you the notes and the strawberry candy." he explained.

"You said the Candy Jar is not yours Mr. Wu." Tao said. He looks like he was ready to shed tears any moment now. 

"I'm sorry. It was mine. I. ..you. .You can't find out yet. That's why I lied." Mr. Wu apologized. 

"WAIT! before you continue this! Can I go now? Sehun is waiting for me!!" Mr. Han said. 

"Fine! Go away!" Mr. Wu said. Mr. Han winked at ZiTao before he waltzed out of the room almost hopping in happiness that he's finally free. Tao and Mr. Wu was left alone inside the classroom. Tao is just staring at Mr. Wu while the older looks uncomfortable at the current situation too. He's not the usual cool and composed Mr. Wu that Tao knows for many years. 

"Mr. Wu~~" 

"Stop!!" Mr. Wu said. "Wait here." he said then he ran out of the room. 

Tao wants to text Baekhyun and Chanyeol because he doesn't know what to do or what to think anymore. He wants the ground to eat him alive. He's confused, his mind is blank and he's a mess. Mr. Wu came back running with a candy jar in his arms and a little box. Tao blushed, he figured what was inside those since he has the same thing. So it really is Mr. Wu, his secret admirer. The person who's always making him smile and makes him feel so loved and important. He looked down. He slapped himself mentally for even thinking negatively of all of the happenings. He wished for it right? He wished it was Mr. Wu instead of Mr. Han. Now he believes to "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it". Mr. Wu made his way at Tao with a shy look. 

"I kept all your notes and the candy. I want to eat it but I can't. ..it feels like I can only eat it when I finally confess. LuHan took one of it and I got angry at him."

"But.. .you gave me some when I'm with you at the faculty before?" Tao asked. 

"Because it's you. If it's you then it's okay. That was the first time I ate it too." Mr. Wu said. "You believe me now right?" 

"I. ..I do. .." he said blushing. "Can I ask you something Mr. Wu?"

"Yes." he said smiling. "Oh and. ..you can call me Kris now. You're not my student anymore."

"K ...Kris gege~" he said carefully. He looked at Mr. Wu to confirm if it's okay to call him like that, the older gave him a smile to tell him it's okay. ". ..W.. .why me?" 

"I don't really know myself Tao." he said. The younger blushed more. That was the very first time Mr. Wu called him like that. Baekhyun and Chanyeol call him like that too but it sounds so different and perfect coming from the Professor. He totally heard the nickname in a whole different light. 

"What do you mean Kris gege~?" he asked again. 

"I don't know." he repeated. "It's just that. ...whenever I see you smiling, I feel so happy. The feeling is overwhelming that I just want to make you smile and laugh more. It's like, when you're happy I'm happy too.. .." he scratches the back of his head because he doesn't know what he's saying himself. ". ..something like that." he said awkwardly. 

"Kris gege~..."

"Wait!" he stopped Tao as he put his hands on his face. "Oh My God! The way you say my name sounds so perfect and right." he said. 

Ah. So Mr. Wu feels the same way, Tao thought. At least now he knows that he's not the only one who feels that way. Maybe they really are destined. Tao is happy now, his wish came true. The only problem now is what's going to happen next. He wished again, he wants Mr. Wu to confess that he loves him. 

"Oh My God." the older said again. "I really love you so much!" This time it was Tao's turn to put his hands on his face. He's in shock and he's embarrassed. He just wished and it already came true, God loves him, so much. He wants to say something, anything, but. ..he can't. He's speechless. Everything just happened so fast. "Tao. ..I want you to know that I love you so much. I'm sorry I took so long." The younger is still not talking. He just keeps on looking down and not at him at all. He suddenly thought that maybe the younger doesn't like him and he cannot say it. It hurts Kris deeply but he still smiled. It is not Tao's fault that he doesn't like him the way he likes the other. It was never his fault. "Tao. ..you don't have to feel the same way I do. I understand. I just really want you to know the truth. I...." 

The younger suddenly stopped Kris from talking by putting both of his hands on his mouth. The older is surprised of course, but he stays still and just waited for Tao to do the next move. He's still not looking at him and he's not sure what expression is the younger showing at the moment. 

"I. ..it's not that. ..I don't feel the same way. .." he said shyly. "I. ..I. ..actually wished . .it was you. .instead of Mr. Han." he confessed. "But.. .i. ..it's too sudden. ..and I don't know what to say. .." 

God. Tao's stuttering is so cute for Kris. He wants to hug and squish the other like no tomorrow. But he won't do it, he'll scare the other for sure if he does that. He smiled as he felt how Tao's hand starts to sweat. Cold sweat. He held Tao's hand and get it out of his mouth. He didn't let it go though, he held his hands and never let it go. He lift Tao's face with his free hand and stare at his face. His perfect face that looks like a ripe strawberry at the moment. His cheeks is so red and looks totally edible, Kris wants a bite. ..but it's another NO. 

"You don't have to say anything." Kris said then put Tao's hands on his cheeks. "It's okay." he said smiling. If it's still possible to blush more then, Tao is surely redder than he already is. Kris' action is so sweet that he wants to puke rainbow candies. Coffee flavored candies are a choice too since that's what he's been eating the past few weeks. "I'll ask you okay?" Kris said. "All you have to do is nod for yes and shake your head for no." he stopped rubbing his face on Tao's hand and put it down. But he didn't let it go, he's still holding it. "So?" Kris asked. Tao wondered what the older was asking for, then he figured it out so he nods. "Okay. First question." he said smiling while squeezing Tao's hand. 

"Do you hate me?" Tao shakes his head violently. 

"Do you like the candy and the jokes?" Tao shyly nods then give the other a slight smile. 

"Did you really wish it was me instead of LuHan?" Tao nods again. He looked down but Kris was fast. He immediately lift up his face to make the younger look at him. He wants to see every expression he's going to make. 

"Do you like me?" he asked carefully and cautiously. 

"I. .."

"It's a yes or no Tao. Just nod or shake your head." he cut off the younger from talking. Tao took a long time. Even looked at Kris then at his hand that the Professor is holding then back at Kris again then at his hands again. Finally, he gave Kris a nod. A shy and almost doesn't look like a nod but it is a nod. A very slight one. 

"I know this is too sudden so I want to ask you what you want to do. Do want to be friends first to get to know each other or do you want to date and be my partner? I waited for so long for this day Tao. I don't want to make a move on you because you're my student and believe me, it's not because I'm a Professor. I can be careless about that. It's because you're a student and I don't want you to get distracted." he said. Tao just stare at Kris while he's talking. He's perfect and considerate. Friends or boyfriends it's both fine. As long as he's with the older and he'll be able to love him. He's the boss and anything is good for Tao as long as Kris likes it. He won't wish anything anymore, he'll let fate take it's course. 

"Which is it?" Kris asked again. "Do want to be friends or do you want to date?" Tao nods. Kris frowned because he doesn't know which one the younger nods to. He wants to repeat it but Tao keeps nodding and he's not stopping at all. Kris laughed at him, it's just too cute to see him that eager. 

"Which one are you nodding to?" he asked. 

"Both." Tao said. "I'm allowed to talk now right Kris gege~?" he said eagerly. 

"God you're cute." Kris said as he pinch Tao's cheeks. 

"I. ..I want. ..to date. ..and be friends at the same time." the younger said. 

"Nod or shake your head again. Do you love me?" Tao looked down. ". ..yet?" he added. 

"Love... ." Tao said hesitantly. He glanced at Kris once then looked down. After seems like forever to Kris, Tao finally gave him a nod. 

"Do you love me?" he asked again to make sure he's not dreaming. Tao nods shyly again. "Do you really really really love me?" he asked with a smile. 

"Kris ge~.. ." 

"Just a nod or a shake of your head." Kris teased. "Again. Do you love me?" Tao nods. 

"Do you love me?" he repeated again. Tao nods surely. 

"Do you really really really really love me?" he asked one last time. Tao nods furiously. 

"I really really really really really love you Mr... ." 

"Kris." he corrected. 

".. .I really really really really really love you Kris gege~!" 

"You're not lying?" Kris asked. 

"I'm not lying." Tao answered. "I liked you for a long time now gege~. Probably from the very first time I met you." he confessed. "I really like your suit today. It suits you so much. You look cool and handsome." 

"Thank you. It my most expensive suit. I wore it thinking about this moment. I love you ZiTao. You don't have to feel the same way so fast. I'll give you time. I'll make sure you'll fall for me." 

"But. ..I already love you." it almost sounds like a whine. 

"Then. ..I'll make you fall in-love with me more." Kris said while flashing his brightest smile. "Let's start now." he said then suddenly a song played through the speakers. 

"What's happening?" he asked the older. 

"I prepared a song for you. The title is "There's a Place" I composed it while thinking of you. Come on." Kris pulled Tao to the rooftop. The younger just let the older pull his hands. The Professor's big hands is so warm and it feels good on his own. Their hands fits, it feels like they're destined to hold hands like that. 

"I love you." Kris said as he guide Tao to the edge of the rooftop so they can see the ground. "I hope you like it. They made me pay for the party they set today just make them help." he said chuckling. 

Ah. Mr. Wu is so perfect. Sweet, Kind, Too Cheesy, Smart, y and most of all, he loves him so much. He doesn't really need to say it himself coz it was written on the ground, on the field of their University. Pretty ironic for a Professor, he even includes his name. 

"Kris gege~ won't you get fired if they see that?" Tao asked worriedly. 

"It's okay. I already resigned. Luhan got fired so this time I'll follow him to the new University he's going to apply." Kris said smiling. "So?. ." 

"I love it." Tao said then he jumped to hug Mr. Wu. "I love you too Kris gege~" the older hugged him back and they stay like that for a while. "Do you have any plans tonight Mr. Wu?" Tao asked. 

"No. I'm reserved. I'm yours tonight and for the rest of my life." he said with a wink. 

"God you're as cheesy as your jokes." the younger laughed. "Let's go to my house okay? I want to show you something." 

"Okay baby~ . ..I want to see your parents too." he ruffled the younger's hair. Baby huh~ sounds perfect. "But first. Let me take a picture of that." he said as he point to the ground. "I Love You Huang ZiTao" 

On their way to Tao's house, Mr. Wu keeps on making the younger laugh with all of his cheesy jokes. He said he wanted to write it for him but since they're together now, why not say it personally. 

"I hope there's a fireman around, cause you're smokin'! 

youre really good at this catch and release thing. Every time I catch my breath around you, you make me lose it again.

I play the field, and it looks like I just hit a home run with you. 

If a star fell for every time I thought of you, the sky would be empty. 

Would you touch me so I can tell my friends I've been touched by an angel? 

If I had to choose between breathing and loving you.... I'd take my last breath to say "I Love You" 

When they arrived, Tao's parents is still not home so he pulled the older to his room. He showed him his treasure, the same ones as Mr. Wu's treasure. The Candy Jar and the Note Box.

 

 


a/n: It's a double update :D please enjoy and thanks for reading my story :D