Forward I: Jurisdiction

I've Forgotten This Before

Come to think of it

I'm not entirely sure

Where I lost myself

-Leesa Rangel

 

I wouldn't want to see me without you, even in a dream

-Eternity (VIXX)

 

February 5th, 2015

2:54 PM

[A man in his middle-twenties stares ahead, dark eyes unfocused and not seeing anything. His hands are weaved together and trembling slightly as they sit atop a polished oak table. A man to the right of him is talking in a hushed voice, inaudible to the microphones and voice recorders around them. The elder man-- the one seated on the right-- indicates to a pile of papers spread out among them, pointing to a particular article that's mainly highlighted in an eye-catching shade of yellow. The younger nods, his lip quivering as he does so. It looks as if he's using all of his energy not to break down on the spot. The other man hesitates, sighs, and then stands.]

JURIST: Your Honor, my client and I have reached a verdict in which we both agree.

CHANCELLOR: What say you?

JURIST: We've concluded that if Cha Hakyeon were to keep his current contract-- which had proved to be "beyond satisfactory" up until late-- with his underlying condition, that it might become to be ultra vires. However, my client had made the point that although his state is not yet dire enough to be pulled from Jellyfish Entertainment immediately, if he were to continue to work around his disability-- a feat that isn't impossible to do so at this point in time much as it is highly impractical-- it could not only cause frustration of purpose in the foreseeable future, but may very well injure Hakyeon further to the point where section four, sub-article ten of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 would be of concern. At this point in time, I would like to refer to the Mental Capacity Act 2005, section four-- "Best Interests"-- sub-article one, in which it states that: "In determining for the purposes of this Act what is in a person's best interests, the person making the determination must not make it merely on the basis of a.) the person's age or appearance, or b.) a condition of his, or an aspect of his behavior, which might lead others to make unjustified assumptions about what might be in his best interests." Instead, you should be deciding whether or not to submit our case or not on the following from sub-article three of section four from the Mental Capacity Act 2005: "a.) whether it is likely that the person will at some time have capacity in relation to the matter in question, and b.) if it appears likely that he will, when that is likely to be." Sub-article four states that we must "so far as reasonably practicable, permit and encourage the person to participate, or to improve his ability to participate, as fully as possible in any act done for him and any decision affecting him" while also considering sub-article six: "the person's past and present wishes and feelings." My client has confirmed that it may be in his best interest to have his contract voided and set aside for the time being.

CHANCELLOR: Can Cha Hakyeon state that this is true?

[The man that had been seated rose quickly. He took in a deep breath and began to speak, voice sturdy.]

CHA HAKYEON: Yes, Sir.

CHANCELLOR: Are there any other present wishes that you feel to be important to this case?

CHA HAKYEON: Yes, Sir. At the present time, I feel stable and was granted access do to most things without supervision. The only exception so far is getting behind a motor vehicle. The future, however, will change. There is no question about that. It could be in half a year, or it could very well be next week. I think it is best to take action now before we have to use those articles from the Mental Capacity Act again, because I fear that if we were to wait, that I wouldn't have been able to get a say in what would happen to myself or to VIXX.

CHANCELLOR: So you want to set aside your contract now?

CHA HAKYEON: Yes, Sir.

CHANCELLOR: You realise the implications of this, correct? A future with Jellyfish Entertainment is very slim even if you do manage to recover.

CHA HAKYEON: Yes, I understand. I still want to proceed.

CHANCELLOR: Very well. I will submit your case. Your next trial will be February 18th, 2014 at 9:00 AM. If you cannot make this trial and need to reschedule please reschedule before the next trial begins. Court is adjourned.

[End report.]