Final [1/1]

Tears Fallin

Taehyung stared at the dark, wet spots on the ground. He touched his cheeks. Why were they wet? It was expected. They were headed for this anyway. It was, after all, a game. A dare. Yoongi had warned him long before that this was just a short term thing. How could he even feel sad about this?

 

          His legs gave in.

         

Oh , was his first thought. He grappled around mentally, but his entire being had just hiccupped, like a convulsion, and the floodgates opened. His vision of his ex’s back had melded into the many others at the sidewalk outside the small park. How ironic, he thought.

 

          This was where it had all started in the first place, and he figured that maybe Yoongi had thought it would be nice to end it all here, too.

 

          The powdery ice had started to take its toll on his legs as he continued laying there, his nerves becoming numb and icy. He didn’t care. He couldn’t care. He had just thrown him away like a sack of damaged goods, probably for another one which provided a better . Yoongi was, after all, a playboy. He should have known better, he kept repeating to himself. Yoongi just always seemed to slip away. He always would.

 

          He held his face in his hands. Winter seemed to taunt him now, his teardrops quickly becoming cold in the chilly wind. He tried his best to blink away the tears, and somehow, it worked. He steeled himself.

 

          Taehyung kept reminding himself; it’s just that one door had swung open, and the other had swung closed. Yoongi was just another person that wanted to walk out of his life. And he let him. It was his decision.

 

          A pair of boots merged into his vision. They stopped in front of him, and a soft tap made its way to his shoulder, and he looked up to meet a kind, warm, and inviting gaze, just what she had needed. A slender hand had stretched out towards him. He gratefully accepted the hand, and hoisted himself and his freezing legs off the ground. “I’m Jungkook. You?” he asked, and Taehyung perked up and tried to brighten his mood a little.

 

          “Taehyung.” He realized that he must be looking very quizzical. Red eyes, wet cheeks, he must be looking very weird indeed. “Would you like some coffee? It is always the best to pour some of your feelings out after a break up.” Jungkook mentioned, and gave a sheepish smile when Taehyung’s face screamed a very readable ‘You saw EVERYTHING!’ to a very deep cherry red.

 

          After letting this charming stranger drag him to his favorite hole-in-the-wall coffee shop, save a free Saturday for the next week, and practically exhausting into his couch and flipping through channels for five minutes, Taehyung had finally given a thought about Yoongi. But he had pushed that to the side without giving a care about whether he was about the streets screwing behind a bar anymore, and he felt much better, plus completely smitten for a certain coffee date. Not that he knew at the time.

 

          Their love story had blossomed and was groomed into a fine, happy family, but that’s for another time. Many years later, when Taehyung had caught Yoongi’s lonely back at a bar, he decided that some perhaps could find those open doors faster, but some never do.