(Twenty) Two Moons [Part One]

Animals (One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was considered a defective alpha. The vast majority of the Red Court had long given him up as a lost cause, writing off his would-be contribution to their steadily dwindling lycan population. After all, 21 moons had passed and still the need to dominate, to claim, to mate had never once crossed his mind. Now, his 22nd moon was fast approaching, and not a single one of the eligible betas and omegas his grandmother and Red Court Matriarch had insisted on parading before him this mating season had made the cut.

 

Nevertheless, in spite of the numerous snide comments about his nonexistent libido thrown his way, Chanyeol was content with his celibate existence, which right now revolved around school, his volunteer work at the local animal shelter and the occasional (read: frequent) wild night out. He was more than happy to let his roommate slash best friend Kris or Yifan Wu hog all the limelight. The epitome of the alpha male and pride of the Red Court lycan pack, Kris had already claimed not just one, but three mates and was now enjoying the benefits of a harmonious polyamorous relationship. One of his mates even owned a villa in Gangnam and yet, the other still chose to live with Chanyeol in his bachelor pad near the KArts campus.

 

Chanyeol’s lack of a love life didn’t mean, however, that things down below weren’t functioning properly.

 

“!” Chanyeol shot out of bed. His sheets were soaked with sweat and something far more unpleasant. Grimacing, he got up and gingerly shimmied out of his soiled boxers, unceremoniously banishing the undergarment to some remote corner of his room with a harsh kick. The dreams always came unwanted, unbidden. In them, he craved the touch of another, but for some inexplicable reason those carnal desires simply vanished in the cold light of day. The dreams became especially bad, however, in the week before the full moon. All that pent up ual energy bubbling below the surface was suddenly released under the lunar influence, leading to very explosive results.

 

Cleaning up after these incidents was always a pain. Too lazy to wash up for now, he simply tossed the ruined sheets into the laundry hamper. Perhaps he’d burn the evidence later. But one thing was certain - unless he wanted a repeat of events, sleep was definitely out of the question tonight. Settling for watching some late night garbage on his new 70 inch television - a recent gift from his dear grandmother - Chanyeol carefully opened his door to their shared living space and immediately regretted the decision. The overpowering scent of the other alpha male seeping from next room hit him with all the subtlety of a freight train. He had to pinch his nose with his fingers just to avoid gagging.   

 

The luminous numbers of the wall clock showed that it was only a little after midnight. No way was he going to stay here in their apartment, where the air reeked of unsatiated alpha lust. He’d rather spare himself the mortification of waking up in the middle of the night to the sounds and smells of one of Kris’ infamous “slumber parties.”

 

“Yo Kris, I’m heading out!”

 

A grunt was all the reply he needed before he stepped out into the crisp Seoul night, heading towards his usual haunt. The Lost Planet was one of the few clubs in the city that catered exclusively to their kind. This didn’t necessarily  mean that humans weren’t allowed - they were - but only when accompanied by one of their own. The entrance, a nondescript wooden door painted with a brilliant scarlet was located in a narrow alley right next to one of those ubiquitous chinese takeaway joints. The only indication as to what lay behind the innocuous facade was a gaudy gold plaque beside the door which bore the club’s name in elegant cursive.

 

The bouncer, a burly man in a tux with an impassive expression blocked the way. ”Invitation?”

 

After checking to see they were alone, Chanyeol expertly ed his cuff and rolled up his sleeve. A tattoo of a red rose traversed the length of his right arm - the insignia of the Red Court. Unlike the typical closed bud however the bloom was fully unfurled, singling him out as an heir of the Red Court.

 

Satisfied at the sight, the bouncer knocked twice on the door with a large fist. It swung open on silent hinges.

 

늑대처럼 울부짖어 whoa

전초의 feelin’

온 몸에는 전율이 흘러 막 찌릿찌릿

곧 달이 떠올라 달이 달이 떠올라

Ready set, oh my 저 하늘이 밝아와

 

The bass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter