Final

Slip Away

Taecyeon finished reading his script. Feeling all his muscles tensed and sore, he stood up and did stretching. He was casted in a new weekend drama for KBS “Wonderful Day” with great co-stars on the line like Lee Seo Jin, Kim Hee Sun and many other veteran actors. He’s feeling gratitude that he was given the chance to act with such great actors in a drama. He’s learning a lot from Lee Seo Jin.

He went to the kitchen to grab some water to drink because he’s feeling thirsty. Gulping down the cold water, he’s feeling great and fresh again. He made a sound of satisfaction.  After a while, he suddenly thought of someone and he missed that person so badly. Why he felt so he had no idea.  Just a month ago he called her worthless for the promise that she had broken, but he knew it was part of his fault too. He took out his smart phone and dialed a number.
 

After a few beep, then a girl’s voice was heard speaking on the other line. “Hello,” she spoke up. Taecyeon beamed. “Hey,” he said.

“Oppa, what’s up? Why you suddenly call?” she asked.

“I was just wondering what you’re doing now,” he said and bit his lower lips while waiting for her reply.

“Well, I’m busy for the preparation of our comeback. The company’s having trouble to keep the data of files and we have to re-film the MV for I don’t know how much time,” she exaggerated when it’s only the second time she had to film the MV for SNSD’s new comeback.

“Oh really? You must be tired!” he said feeling sorry to the younger girl on the line.

“It’s fine. I’m used to it anyway. It’s not the first time that we have to re-film MV!” she said made him proud of how much she was passionate with her works.

“You’ve worked really hard. Take it easy. I don’t want you to get sick!” he said.

“I’ll remember that Mr. Ok!” she said playfully and laughed. He smiled upon hearing her laugh refreshingly.

“Say, do you want to hang out somewhere this Saturday? I’m having a day off that day so I was thinking to go around the town but I have no company because the members are going to be busy. Are you free that day?” he asked and closed his eyes while waiting for her to answer and he was hoping that it’s going to be a yes.

“I don’t know. Let me check my schedule first,” she said and silence engulfed the line.

“So?” he asked after a while.

“Oh, you’re lucky that I’m free this Saturday! Alright, I’ll go with you!” she said excitedly and it made him excited as well. If he could, he would scream “YES!!” right on the spot because of the exciting feeling inside him that she accepted his offer.

“Ok set, I’ll pick you up this Saturday at your dorm!” he said.

“No no no…don’t come to the dorm! I’ll go to yours instead!” she said quickly refraining Taecyeon from picking her up at the dorm. Feeling strange, he asked her why.

“Yoona’s going to be here on Saturday, so I don’t think it’s just right for you guys to meet. I mean of course you guys have moved on from each other’s feelings from the past but I want to make things less awkward if you know what I mean,” she said. Taecyeon understood where she was from so he agreed with her suggestion to come to his dorm instead of him picking her up at her dorm.

-

Saturday.

Like she had promised him, she had gone to his dorm with the manager sent her there. Arriving before the door step, she pressed on the doorbell to inform that she’s already arrived. But the one opened the door made her stunned for a while. For a second, she felt like the time had frozen and her tongue was tied.

“Hi,” she said to him.

“What are you doing here early in the morning?” the person by the door asked. The frown on his forehead was obvious and it somehow made her nervous.

“Well, Taecyeon oppa and I had promised to hang out together today. He’ll take me for a drive if it’s fine with you,” she said carefully strategized her choice of words.

“Oh,” was all he said. Then, Taecyeon’s voice could be heard from inside the house.

“Khun-ah, is that Tiffany? Call her in. Tell her that I’m having breakfast!” Taecyeon said to him. He just nodded and turned to look at her.

“He’s having breakfast. Come on in first,” he invited her in and led her to the living room. Not far from there was the dining tabled where the members of 2PM who were presented, Taecyeon, Minjun and Junho were having breakfast. Chansung had left early in the morning for a schedule and Wooyoung had a We Got Married filming.

“Have you had breakfast? If not, join us! I made omelet fried rice for today’s breakfast!” Nichkhun invited her but she declined his offer even though it was kind of luring to join them to eat the omelet fried rice but thinking that she just had heavy breakfast made by Yoona and Taeyeon, she rejected.

She waited for Taecyeon in the sofa while the members of 2PM were still eating. Didn’t know why, it felt so awkward during that moment when it had never felt like that before. Tiffany and 2PM could never be silent unless they’re tired or left with nothing to talk about which never happened. Minjun and Taecyeon found it weird that Tiffany was being quiet instead of talking to them.

“Are you tired Fany-ah? You’re so quiet for some reason! You’re too quiet for the Hwang Miyoung that I know?!” Minjun spoke up broke the awkward silence that engulfed the surrounding.

“No, it’s just that. You’re having breakfast peacefully so I don’t want to bother you guys!” she said even though it didn’t sound very convincing to both Minjun and Taecyeon but they let them off.  After a while and finishing the remaining breakfast of his, he took his car key and walked with Tiffany to where his car was parked.

-

Taecyeon drove somewhere out from Seoul to release the stress and out from their life as an idol to enjoy holiday like normal people. While on the car, they talked about a lot of things which about works, families, stress and many others except for that one thing; relationship!

“So, how are things going around with your members? I was kind of shock to find out from the news just after two days from Yoona’s news that Sooyoung is dating too. Can I receive anymore shock? Just tell me who else is in relationship?” Taecyeon asked and sometimes took a glance at her to wait for her answer.

Tiffany didn’t feel too good about the question and she was anxious for what answer to give him and bit on her lips. Her mind was quick to find for an answer.

“Well, it’s only a secret where only the members knew so I don’t think I can break the secret to you,” she told him. Taecyeon frowned. That’s not the answer that he wanted to hear. He just wanted to know and ensure that she’s not one of them that are currently in a relationship.

“Oh come one. I’m not just anybody. I’m Ok Taecyeon that’s not unfamiliar anymore to you guys. So why you should keep me in the dark especially you! Tell me if you’re dating too. SNSD’s giving us too much shock this year just with the opening of 2014 with news that a member is dating and two days later a member’s dating news were revealed too. Tell me, tell me, t-t-t-tell me!” he sang. Tiffany shook her head refused to tell him.

“Oh come on Fany-ah! Okay so just tell me one thing. Is that true about Hyoyeon and Jay Kim? Jessica and Tyler Kwon? Khun and you?” he asked. Tiffany’s heart beat so rapidly that she felt so suffocated with the questions and went frustrated because of it.

“No comment,” was all she said. Taecyeon pouted. The remaining drive feeling so dull that Tiffany turned quiet after the questions from Taecyeon made him feel guilty. She’s already might be pressured enough from the medias that were busy trying to capture the remaining members dating too and all the pressures from the company maybe for their upcoming comeback.

“I’m sorry,” Taecyeon uttered after 30 minutes of silence. It’s like Tiffany’s sulking away and giving him silent treatment as a punishment.

“It’s fine. Just don’t ask any questions about that anymore. We’re trying hard to keep things a secret between us and not leaked them to the media. We’re coming back soon so we had to prepare everything to save Yoona’s and Sooyoung’s image. We just know that they’ll be the target and the center of the eyes of the media to find out more about their loves life. It’s like we’re becoming an easy target to make us down now!” she said made Taecyeon fell silent. He didn’t know how much the remaining members had suffered too from the impact of the dating news from the two members of her group.

“I’m sorry,” he said again. Tiffany just nodded and they went for a little more drive, drinking coffee and eat before Taecyeon dropped her off at her dorm.

-

As expected, every shows that SNSD attended to after successfully making their comeback had made Yoona and Sooyoung as the center of the topic after their dating news were leaked such as Radio Star and Healing Camp. Taecyeon felt bad at how hard the other members trying so hard to protect Yoona and Sooyoung especially Tiffany. As expected from Manager Hwang doing an excellent job for the sake of the group’s image! Taeyeaon as the leader was keeping quiet like always while secretly looking out for her members. Sunny, Jessica and Yuri were doing well too.

But he was taken aback at first when his name was brought up with his scandal with Jessica for about two years ago (?) because of the meeting he had with Jessica at a café and the fans and media thought they were dating.

Jessica and me? We’re just good friends, nothing more, he whispered to himself.   

There’s going to be held a special concert at Vietnam by K-Pop artists including SNSD and 2PM. All six members went to Vietnam two days earlier before the concert except for Nichkhun because he had to attend a Cola conference at Thailand, his hometown. He must be happy to be back to his hometown.

To Taecyeon’s surprise, an ‘unnecessary’ topic was brought up while he’s on a press at Thailand. His relationship rumor with Tiffany that was going on at the internet was asked out by a reporter. Nichkhun just laughed it off of it. Taecyeon also found it amusing that how the rumors were still going around so hot even though they’ve really seen nothing nor knew anything about it including him. Just because they wore a lot of couple items or similar items to each other didn’t mean they’re dating but could it be? Taecyeon shrugged the thought away. He didn’t want to think the possibility of that at all.

When they met at Vietnam during the concert, both Nichkhun and Tiffany seemed so friend-zoned unlike how fans claimed them to be lovers. That’s absurd in Taecyeon’s eyes because he knew Tiffany is not Nichkhun’s style even though the possibility for them to fall in love with each other was high upon seeing how close they were to each other but Taecyeon didn’t even want to go there.

-

“Yah hyung! Congratulations bro! I knew it there’s something going on between you two! It’s impossible for two best friends of a male and a female to not fall for each other,” Taecyeon heard Wooyoung said from his bedroom. Curios of what it was about, Taecyeon came out from his bedroom only to find s gathered around the flush red and flustered Nichkhun.

“Hey hey, what happened here?” Taecyeon asked eyeing s one by one.

“Taecyeon-ah, the media and Jinyoung hyung himself had confirmed that our little angel here (pointed to Nichkhun) is dating!” Minjun said. Taecyeon ceased his eyebrows trying to comprehend the information in his head.

“You mean Khunnie is dating publicly now? WOW~ With whom?” he asked in excitement but somehow a part of his heart was feeling uneasy about the person that Nichkhun had dated publicly with.

“Hwang.Mi.Young! Isn’t it obvious? They’ve been friends for so long now. It’s actually about time that they came clean about each other!” Wooyoung told him. Taecyeon felt like a rock was thrown hard at his face. He felt like crying. His ‘warm hug’ had turned her back on her to find her own happiness with another man.

Scratching his not-itchy back of his head, he smiled sheepishly feeling embarrassed that s had to find out about his relationship that he’s keeping for four months or > than what the media had thought.

“I’m sorry for keeping it a secret, Taec. Don’t be mad at her for not telling you. It’s me who want to keep this relationship a secret because I just think that it’s fun this way. She already informed her members because you know they can’t keep their secrets from each other,” Nichkhun told him. Taecyeon just nodded his head helplessly as he was about to walk away to his room before Nichkhun added something in his speech.

“One more thing Taec, don’t call her worthless anymore. She’s more worth it than you think she is. She’s your ‘warm hug’ whom you can lean into when you’re in despair. She’s the one to your rescue when you were down and we’re not with you. I don’t mind you hanging out with her because she’s been like our real dongsaeng, especially you. He’s your favorite sister, isn’t she? Know well how to take care of her,” he said. Taecyeon could only sighed because he knew once again…had slipped away something special. Well, more like someone actually. His ‘warm hug’ had slipped away from him.

-

Tiffany was having a headache with the negative comments she had read on the internet about her relationship. Unlike Yoona’s and Sooyoung’s, hers was accepted pretty badly by her fans and many of her fans had turned to hate her now. They had turned their backs on her. It was not like that with Yoona’s and Sooyoung’s. Although they were some positive response from her fans especially that had been shipping her with her now legally boyfriend or a SNSD-2PM fans or shippers, they were just too much negatives than positives.

She felt like her tab was taken away from her and when she looked up her best friend of 10 years now, Taeyeon turned off the tablet and took a seat besides her. Her other members had gathered in front of her as well as Jessica dragged a chair with her and sat directly before Tiffany. She felt touched by her members’ way of affection.

“You’re having it pretty badly, unnie! I’m sorry that it turned out this way,” Yoona said as her face was showing a sympathy face to her. Tiffany smiled at the second maknae.

“Don’t worry Yoongie-yah, I’m used to this kind of hateful comments. Well, it’s not me who received them but Taeyeon because they threw off the comments at Taeyeon’s SNS!” Tiffany smiled slyly and smirked at how panic Taeyeon look.

“Really?” Taeyeon asked and when to check on her SNS account, taeyeon_ss on Instagram. Jessica smirked.

“It must be because of your TaeNy things, isn’t it? I knew it! the fans are so crazy about you guys!” Jessica spoke up. The members laughed in disbelief.

“Are you serious?” Sooyoung asked while laughing. Tiffany was enjoying it too. After awhile, they heard Taeyeon let out a sound of her ahjumma laugh. Then, Jessica had been right after all. The fans were enraged on Taeyeon’s SNS about how Tiffany wasn’t faithful to Taeyeon and broke the TaeNy things.

“I told you not to lead the fans too much. Now see what happen. It’s just Tiffany. What about when it’s Taeyeon’s turn later? It must have been worse then,” Jessica said while laughing.

“I know right! I didn’t know the fans would take it too seriously about our friendship to the extent they think we’re gay for each other,” Taeyeon said between her laughter.

“Admit it Taeyeon, WE ARE gay for each other,” Sunny spoke naughtily causing the members to have more good laughs. It released Tiffany’s tension somehow with just being with the members and it also made her happy.

“So unnie, what are you planning to do now?” Seohyun asked after their laughter had cooled down.

“Well, I was thinking of to go back to LA. I want to spend my time with my family and rest off from this tiring world,” she said. The members nodded in agreement.

“That’s good to hear. You do really need rest since we’re having a break now. Later you’ll be busier with concerts and your TTS comeback too,” Yuri spoke.

“Tiffany hwaiting!” Hyoyeon shouted suddenly making the members to be in laughter once again. Hyoyeon being hyolo she is when despite it’s supposed to be harder for Hyoyeon because of her case with the police and Jay Kim involved. It was announced the same day that Hyoyeon and Jay Kim used to date but broke up after two years. Because of an unfortunate incident, police was involved and it was such a ruckus. The company tried to sealed it off by releasing her dating news with Nichkhun after discussing things with Sports Seoul who had spotted them on a date and threatened SM for it.

“Kim Hyoyeon too, hwaiting!” Tiffany shouted and the other members also shouted hwaiting. Then, her phone was singing her favorite song from Mr. Mr. mini album, Goodbye, Taeyeon’s solo part at the chorus. She took peak at the caller ID before a smile was plastered on her face and knowing what would the person that called her would talk to her about.

“Hello,” she greeted first.

“Yah how come you never told me that you’re in a relationship? I thought I’m your best friend?” the person on the line was sulking away. Tiffany chuckled.

“Sorry, Bora darling. It’s a secret only to be kept by my members and him and our families!” she said while laughing at Bora’s antic. She heard Bora gasped.

“Does this mean you guys are really serious? To the point where you want to get married?” Bora asked quickly.

“Hmm, well, maybe,” she gave a safe answer even though she was sure she would marry him someday because they’re madly in love with each other now.

“Heol, you creepy witch! The last time I asked you whether you guys are dating or not, you just said that it’s a coincidence that you guys have a lot of couple items. What a friend you are!” Bora said sarcastically and Tiffany could sense that Bora was pouting. Tiffany was giggling away at her best friend from another group cute affection towards her.

“Sorry Bora-yah, I don’t mean to neglect you in that way. I promise I’ll make it up to you. What do you want? My treat!” she said to brighten up the sulking girl.

“Yeahh~ Nothing much, chicken feet would do!” she said making a decision. Tiffany agreed and after a few minutes of chatting with Bora, they hung up. Tiffany could smile more brightly now that her members and Bora had cheered her up.

When she was about to walk away, she suddenly received a new call. She took a glance at the caller ID and reluctantly picked up the phone call.

“Hello, Taecyeon oppa,” she said so softly. She was feeling sorry to the older guy that had been like her own brother who used to be her secret crush.

“Hey…” Taecyeon sniffed. Tiffany sighed before speaking.

“I’m sorry oppa, for not telling you anything, for keeping our relationship a secret from you and for not being a good sister to you,” she said. Taecyeon’s heart was hurting badly upon receiving a sorry speech from her.

“Hey it’s fine. You deserve each other. I know he’ll take care of you well. Say, congratulations Tiff for your new relationship and thank you for being a good friend to me and giving me warm hugs,” he uttered. Tiffany nodded her head even though obviously he couldn’t see that. They hung up after a while. Tiffany sighed and Taecyeon sighed. After all, Tiffany did reach her happiness, right?

-

Taecyeon had been thinking hard lately. No wonder it felt like Tiffany and Nichkhun were awkward to each other sometimes when Taecyeon’s there between them. No wonder Tiffany had once let go of his hand, left his side and gone to Nichkhun’s side and held his hand instead while walking around. No wonder Nichkhun and Tiffany suddenly disappeared at the same time when the two groups met for a hang out like drinking or playing bowling. They just…gone!

Taecyeon felt like Nichkhun had stolen away her precious gem and important person. His warmth was no longer his anymore as she’s officially belonged to the Horvejkul. She had become the gem of Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, whom had been his and her friend way before debut. Most importantly, there’s no more warmth of her hug after all the warmth she had given to him, her loved ones.

If only he was a step faster to realize his own feelings. But then again, he was with her member back then. Taecyeon was in despair once again, but he thought he could get over this one in no time because he didn’t really develop his feelings for her that deep yet, fortunately for him.

While she was still having a crush on him and he’s busy only looking at Yoona, Nichkhun had come to the rescue to help her spent much time with her. By then, she’s become more precious to him than before than his visual and scripted wife at that time, Victoria. Nichkhun had become the person whom she turned to when Taecyeon’s with Yoona and when during that time where Taecyeon chose Yoona as closer to his ideal type in Family Outing Season 2, she called Nichkhun for comfort.

Although frankly speaking he’s jealous of Taecyeon and he’s jealous of how the family members would easily tried to create love line between Tiffany and Taecyeon, he understood Tiffany and comforted her like always. He wanted to appease her heart and may him appeal in her heart and mind too. Luckily enough for him, when he confessed and asked her for a date, Tiffany accepted and started off as a couple happily.

Taecyeon sighed for the nth times for that day after the news of Tiffany and Nichkhun dating broke out. He called someone for help and comfort to release his tension, stress and all his inner feelings.

“Hello Eunjung, free to have a drink with me tonight?”



THE END

 


 

I'm sorry if the ending is disappointing. Like I said, this was inspired by Tiffany's and Nichkhun's dating news. And I'm sorry if there's not much of KhunFany's moments because this was suppossed to be made in Taecyeon's point of view. Nonetheless, I hope you guys enjoy your reading!

p/s: Pretend that Jessica is still in the group! Whatever it is, I still think that she's part of the group and whatever fic I'll make in the future will include her no matter what. I can't help it but to complete all 9 members in my fic because they are just so precious to me, not only Tiffany! No hard feelings >.<