o 1. f i n a l

Broken Hearts and Soon To Be Mended Hearts
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Follow your dreams. Become who you want to be, be with who you want to be with," Sukyung's older brother, Yonghwa, said.

Sukyung looked up at him with harden eyes. The harden look only covered up what Sukyung was actually feeling, sadness.

"Follow my dreams? Alright, but don't expect to see me for a couple of years," she whispered, turning on her heels and headed for her bedroom. Yonghwa's eyes widened once he realized what she meant. He ran to her bedroom and stopped at his feet when he saw Sukyung pull out a suitcase, followed by her emptying her closet.

He slowly made his way to her, not daring to speak as he saw the tears building up in Sukyung's eyes.

He sighed. "If this is what you want to do, then by all means, go for it. But know that Kris will be heartbroken when he finds out about this."

Sukyung paused her packing. "As heartbroken as I was when I found out about his little affair? I don't think so."

 

//p r e s e n t . . .

 

Sukyung pulls off her BLANC shades once she steps foot out of Incheon International Airport. Breathing in the fresh air of Korea, she sighs in content. It's been quite a while since she's visited Korea. The last time she's actually stepped foot in her home country was when G-Dragon from BIGBANG personally asked for her to come and compose a song for him.

It was G-Dragon, who in their right of mind could reject that? Those few years studying composing in the States helped Sukyung meet and create new friends in the KPOP business. BIGBANG was one of them, CNBLUE was another. There were several others but those two groups were the ones she loved working with the most.

Not only was she composing songs for KPOP groups, but she also helped compose songs for American artists. Ever heard of Jessie J? Sukyung and her hung out in the States almost every day when one or the other weren't busy.

But now she was back, and back for good. She wasn't too confident that things will sail smoothly this time, but she hopelessly kept her fingers crossed.

Then, her phone rings. She pulls it out and immediately brightens up after recognizing the caller.

"Yonghwa oppa!" she exclaims brightly, momentarily forgetting she's in public.

Yonghwa chuckles on the other line. "Hello my famous composer. I heard you're back in Korea."

"No, oppa. I'm actually still on the plane right now. Did you know Korean Airlines has really good service up so high?" Sukyung sarcastically replies.

"Now, there's no need for sarcasm, dear sister. Unless you want me to turn back around and head home, that is."

After that was said, Sukyung frantically searches around in hopes of finding her brother amongst the crowd. When she spots him, she hangs up their phone conversation and immediately runs towards him, her luggage trailing behind her the entire way.

Yonghwa opens his arms wide as a grin is planted on his face. Sukyung drops the luggage and jumps into the arms of her brother.

He chuckles, "I've missed you. The parents still come home every once in a while but they also miss you."

Sukyung tightens their hug, "I've miss you too! Our parents too of course, but they're always so busy with business trips. How have you been? Are you eating? Are the other oppas treating you well? If not, tell me. I'll beat them up for you!" She releases herself from the hug and rolls up her sleeves, pretending to be threatening with her muscles.

In return, Yonghwa merely chuckles. "Alright, put away those guns before airport security comes after you."

Sukyung smiles and envelops her older brother into another hug. Oh how she missed messing around with her brother like this.

Yonghwa breaks the hug a couple seconds later then picks up Sukyung's luggage. "Shall we go, dear sister?" Sukyung in reply nods, excited to come back home and sleep 'til the days pass by.

As the two siblings were talking to Yonghwa's car, he decides to strike up a conversation, starting off by telling Sukyung the thing he thinks is most important.

"Did you hear Kris has been in a relationship for 3 months?" Yonghwa casually brings up as he places her luggage in the trunk of his car.

Sukyung slides into the car, an emotionless front placed upon her face. "Is he now? That's good for him." On the inside, she was crushed. Yes, studying abroad in the States was supposed to rid her mind of her ex-boyfriend. However that only made it worse. Every night was restless as the memories of her and Kris filled her mind.

Yonghwa thought she was over Kris, though. "Yeah, it was recently announced a couple of days ago. I figured you haven't been keeping up with Kris anymore, just wanted to bring that up." He slips into the driver's seat, taking a careful glance at his younger sister's face.

"We were over 2 years ago, oppa. I have no care for him anymore," Sukyung sighs and forces a smile. "Let's go home? I've been feeling fatigued."

He doesn't say anything, as a response he begins driving them home.

"I'll bring this up for you," Yonghwa starts saying, only to be cut off by Sukyung's hand.

"It's fine, I'll bring this up myself. Thanks for the help, Yonghwa. I'll be sure to make dinner and we'll have a movie night, okay? Like old times," Sukyung tiredly smiles at her

Please log in to read the full chapter