Her Confession

Our Unforgettable First Anniversary

23 May 2013

"I... I like you, Hanbin-sshi.. Please, be my boyfriend."

A girl in a school uniform was confessing her love to a boy at the back garden of a school and the scene were witnessed by the entiry school because the girl is just not an ordinary girl. She is Mr Lee's daughter, the principal of the school, hence the fact that she had just confessed to a guy - a scholarship student to be exact - made no senses at all. Shock were written all over their faces.

Lee Hayi was known as the ice princess of Seoul High yet there's someone who managed to melt her cold heart. This was really an unexpected news of the year. Some were recording the scenes with their smartphones while some were whispering among themselves.

The mention guy, Kim Hanbin was still recovering from the shock. His mouth was slightly ajar and his eyes look like it'll budged out from their sockets anytime soon.

Hayi held up her chin and made an eye contact with the guy whom had been bothering her since their first met. She knew her action was too bold for a girl but she didn't regret anything. She wanted to be brave with her feelings once in her life.

11 February 2013.

It was a peace Saturday morning when Lee Hayi decided to pay a visit to her grandmother in Busan. It has been a while since her last visit and she started to miss her. In fact, she missed her kimchi so much. Just the thought of it made her drool dreamily. Thats just how it fit perfectly with her appetite and she'd wish to learn the recipes one day.

She applied a light makeup on her face and dress up in a simple blue dress, matched with the mini jacket Minhee - her best friend - gave not long ago. She checked her face for the last time before made her way to the door. Her hair were tied in a high bun to avoid uncomfortableness during the journey. She bought a small bag consists of her belongings and some gift for her grandmother. She had planned on having a sleepover there and just comeback here tomorrow - though she wanted to stay a little longer - but she still has school to attend and being a daughter of the principal made it harder to skip.

"Are you ready to go agasshi?" Their loyal driver, Mr Go asked as Hayi handed her bag to him.

"Yes, Mr Go. Please drive me to Busan safely." She smiled before made her way to the back seat. She texted her mom saying that she'll depart soon and what she got as a reply was a simple, 'Take care. Send my regards to her, okay?" She let out a small sigh. Its only her again. Just when will they have a trip to Busan as a family? Hayi doesn't know. Her parents were always busy with their own works. Her mother owns a bookstore and its a successful one in Seoul along with the others big names. While her father, the principal of Seoul High - the most prestigious highschool in Seoul, made no effort of having a break. He will still go to school when its weekend or even holiday to make sure everythings perfect and running smoothly when school starts again.

People may assumed her life is perfect but - regardless the fact that she's from a wealthy family, to be honest, she's not. She lacks attention and loves from her own parents. Is that still called perfect? Nonsense. Her heart clenched in pain remembering all those years of her being alone with the maids and driver. But she knew, she can't blame her parents - not that she want to. She just hope one day they will realize that they still have a daughter who need their loves and care.

After a few hours, they arrived at Busan. Hayi had fall asleep through the journey and only awake after a several calls fron Mr Go. Rubbing her eyes, she yawned a bit before get off the car. Her grandmother was watering the plants while backfacing them and she couldn't help but let out a happy shrieked.

"Halamoeni!"

The older woman quickly turned her head and widened her eyes at the sight before her.

"Ommo! Hayi is that you?"

Before she could put down the watering can, Hayi had attacked her with a bear hug. She laughed at the girl's action.

"Halamoeni! I miss you so much!"

"Hahaha. I know, I know. Now let me put this first will you?"

Hayi pulled back and saw that her grandmother was still holding the watering can full of water. She smiled sheepishly and muttered a small "sorry.." She sat on the nearby bench and looked at her surroundings, her grandmotherr's house is a place full of love and peaceness - unlike her family's. A bittersweet sensations settled in her heart and she can't help but let out a small sigh.

"Aigoo.. My grandaughter had been much prettier from before." The older woman teased before patted the girl's head lovingly. She favored Lee Hayi the most amongst her other two grandaughters. That girl always make her wrinkle face smile and laugh with her jokes and cuteness. She'd never thought Hayi will visit her today and she was more than happy now.

"Why aren't you telling me you'll come today, dear? I would surely had something prepared for you though. Wait here. I'm gonna make you some tea." Before Mrs Jang could make her way to the kitchen, Hayi had catched her wrist whilist stopping her.

"No, halamoeni. Its okay. I'm not thirsty yet. Can we just sit here for a while? I just miss my grandmommy soooo much!" She beamed and patted the seat beside her, signalling the older woman to sit. Mrs Jang smiled and nodded.

"So.. how's your school, dear? Are you doing well for exams? Did you found a boyfriend already? Tell me everything that I miss."

"Whoa.. slow down halamoeni! You're as fast as a train." Hayi laughed heartily and frowned seconds later. "It'll be nice if mom's the one asking me this.." She mumbled unconsciously. Little did she know, Mrs Jang heard. She pitied the younger girl but she knew better than trying to discuss the matter with her. Lee Hayi is the type of girl who's always keep her problems to herself, same as her mom.

Hayi faked a smile and answered, "Everything's fine, halamoeni. I did well on exams and uhh.. bout that boyfriend thingy, I don't think I've one yet. Don't worry, you're the first one to know if I ever found a boy who can melt my heart. I promised."

"Arasso.. Make sure you confess before you regret, alright?" Mrs Jang patted her hair and smiled warmly.

"Nehh, boss!" Hayi raised her hand on her head and saluted the older woman. Mrs Jang just laughed while at the same time, she felt relieved knowing her grandaughter is a strong and independent girl - who managed to handle problems herself.

"Ahgasshi.. Should I take your belongings straight to your room?" Mr Go interupted their conversations with both his hands helding Hayi's bag and the gift. Hayi picked her fingers as if she remembered something.

"Pass the gift to me and you can bring the bag to my room. Thanks Mr Go." Hayi smiled. The driver just nodded his head and began walking to the girl's room which is located beside Mrs Jang's.

"Halamoeni! I forgot I brought something for you from Seoul. Here.." She handed the box prettily wrapped to the older woman while grinning widely.

"You know you don't have to, Hayi. Aigoo.." Mrs Jang took it gratefully.

"Nahh.. Its just a simple gift though. That'll be rude of me to come with empty hands. I hope you like it, halamoeni."

Mrs Jang began unwrapping carefully and her eyes widened upon seeing it - her favourite singer, Joo SungMoo's newest album complete with the cd and photobook. Her inner fangirl's shrieked happily. Hayi laughed heartily at her grandmother's reaction.

"I saw him on tv few days ago and immidiately thought of you. Do you like it?" Hayi beamed.

"Of course! Who wouldn't love a handsome man like him? Thank you so much, dear.” Mrs Jang patted Hayi’s shoulder and squeezed it lightly. ‘This girl knew how to make me happy’ Her innerself thought.

“Halamoeni.. Can I take a stroll around the village? I mean.. alone? I promise I'll be back before dusk."

"Sure, dear. But promise to be careful alright?"