Transformation

All the Pretty Little Stones

 As Emerald was sitting outside waiting for Saemi to come pick him up he sat and watched as everyone else spoke among themselves. He was happy that the possibility for expulsion has gone up now that he was on the principal’s radar. It relaxed him.

He laid back in the grass and shut his eyes, trying to block out all other living things that could possibly come up and annoy him. He started to think about all of the things that had happened today.  About how he was practically molested, but then met Skittles so it was all fine. But what made him happier was that Minho cared about his studies. This put him in an even higher position in his brain.

As he was thinking he heard a grunt as he felt the grass shift below him, indicating that someone had sat down next to him. He opened his eyes and turned his head glaring at the person.

But it was really hard to glare when the person sitting next to him just so happened to be the person he was just thinking about. But he kept it up.

Minho smiled as though he was totally oblivious to the glare, “hello there Ms. Emerald. What fine weather we have today,” he said in a fancy tone causing Emeralds glare to falter and for him to give him a half, laughing smile.

He decided to join in on his fancy talk, “well I would say good sir that today just has the most marvelous weather out. I couldn’t stand being inside on such a wonderful occasion.”

“Well my fine lady I would have to agree with you there, for today is might fine. Would you by chance enjoy a stroll with me?”

“I would enjoy a nice long stroll, but I must sit here and wait in agonizing pain as I wait for my mother who happens to be the most dreadfully slow driver. Why she shouldn’t have taken this long in the first place.” Emerald said feeling as though he was just asked out.

“Well no lady can sit on her own now can she? I will be a gentleman and occupancy you on your long and torturous wait for your mother.”

Emerald cracked a huge grin and started laughing to himself. He doesn’t remember the last time he has had a pointless conversation. As he was laughing he saw Minho smile as well and he knew that he could tick one person off of the enemies list. In fact he might just be a friend.

This shocked him. He was happy about it yet shocked and a little frightened since the last time he had a friend he tried to him.

“What the heck just happened?” Minho laughed. Emerald shrugged as though it was an everyday occurrence.

He laid back down and Minho did the same. They both just sat there looking up at the clouds and not saying a word as time flew by around them. Emerald was in absolute bliss, he didn’t remember the last time that he had been able to feel this comfortable around someone.

And then it was over. Saemi came up to them screaming, causing both of them to sit up-right, “Emerald where have you been!? I have been sitting in the parking lot for over 30 minutes waiting for you! If you would pull your damn head out of your we already would have been home!”

Emerald looked down feeling rather embarrassed when he remembered that he wasn’t supposed to even care about Minho. He lifted his head back up and looked at Seami, “since when did my goal in life become to please you? Maybe I just didn’t want to go home yet.”

Emerald could practically see the smoke coming out of her ears but as soon as she opened Minho said something, “I’m sorry Ms. Chan it was my fault that Emerald was late. We were talking and we got carried away.” Saemi looked at him and her anger melted instantly, she had probably already fallen in love…. Again.

Her face brightened and she smiled, “oh my, it’s no problem. I’m just happy that my little angel is making friends.”

Emerald scoffed and he saw Minho give him a sideways glance probably guessing that their home life was not all butterflies and rainbows.

He stood up, dusted off any excess grass from his pants, slung his bag over his shoulder, and started walking towards the car without giving them a second glance.

He heard Saemi give Minho a hurried goodbye and start racing after him probably pissed that I didn’t say goodbye to him as well.

He got in the car, pleased to find that Saemi was too angry to lock it. He plugged in his headphones and started playing music before she could see him so he wouldn’t have to listen to her blabber the rest of the car ride. When Saemi got in the car she was talking to him for over 5 minutes before she actually started to drive away. He was pretty sure that she was talking to him while she was driving too, but he couldn’t tell.

When they got home he raced through the front door and up the stairs before he could even get a glance at her face, knowing that she thought he was giving her the silent treatment, so she was probably going to sulk in her room for the rest of the day. Fine by him.

When he was in his room the first thing he did was put down his bag and take off his bra. God he hated that thing. If he could kill it he would, but Saemi would then kill him.

He then took off his pants and , letting himself hang free for a few seconds, and then put on his ever so friendly boxers. He lay on his bed, and nothing had ever felt so great.

He was Taemin again. A guy who didn’t have to worry about the way his hair looked or if his clothes matched. He didn’t give a .

The only time he would ever give a was when he was in front of Minho, and he liked that.

Yes, he admitted it, for the first time in three years, Lee Taemin had a crush. Don’t get the wrong idea, he had a boyfriend before, but that was Emerald’s boyfriend. Half the time he didn’t even like the guy he was dating, Saemi just thought they would look good together. But this time it was Taemin who liked someone, no one had a say in it. And if he didn’t tell anybody no one could say it was wrong.

Minho didn’t even have to know. He was just happy that his brain had made a decision on its own this time.

He smiled and wriggled around in his bed, feeling like a little kid on Christmas morning. 

 

 


 

 

I know I know and I'm sorry :( . But you know it's exam week and I just don't have as much time to write right now, but after exams I might give you guys a long one ;) you never know~ . Thank you for being patient <3