NE!

Proposal (One-shot)

 

SNSD is currently on a short hiatus and every member is focusing on their individual careers. Tiffany just finished filming her drama at six in the morning when she remembered the date today. She immediately dialed Jessica’s number but she wouldn’t pick up. She decided to leave her a text message instead.

On the other hand, Jessica also finished her photo shoot for Vogue Korea at about seven in the morning. Finally, I could sleep! She thought as she inhaled deeply. She checked her phone and saw that Tiffany just miss called her. She also saw the text message she sent her.

Jessie, Donghae will be free from the army today! Don’t forget that!

Oh right! How could I forget?! It has been two years since we last saw each other, two years since he told me he loves me. I wonder if he still does. I made my way to the dorm and wore casual clothes before heading to camp. I wore my hair in a ponytail that I rarely do. I was in a denim shorts and a big plain shirt with matching black converse so that no one would recognize me. I only had lip-gloss on me. I just took a cab on my way to the camp. ELFs filled the area. Donghae banners everywhere! I squeezed my way through the thick crowd near to platform Donghae will be at. After a few minutes, the remaining Super Junior boys went up the platform and bowed at their beloved ELFs. My beloved oppas, Jungsoo, Heechul, Jongwoon, Youngwoon, Donghee, Zhou Mi, Ryeowook, Kibum, Kyuhyun and my dongsaeng Henry were there standing and smiling. Sungmin, Hyukjae, Donghae, and Siwon went in there together two years ago but today, since Donghae was an exemplary soldier, he will go out first.

Suddenly the crowd went wild. I wondered why since the gate where Donghae would be going out was not yet open. I looked at the side and saw a male figure walking towards Super Junior. The sunbaes’ jaws dropped as they saw who it was. “Hankyung-ah!” Jungsoo Oppa cried out as the rest of them rushed to hug him. They all stood in the platform crying with joy as they wait for Donghae.

Then the guards smiled at us. They began opening the gate. There stood a guy in his military outfit with his muscular built. I felt like crying. I missed him so much. I cheered with the ELFs, “Lee Donghae! Lee Donghae! Lee Donghae!” and tears started to flow. He stood with the rest of Super Junior and bowed before us. He was also surprised to see Hankyung. Finally, he began to speak.

“ELFs, I’m so overwhelmed that you have waited for me, for us. Thank you so much! Please wait for our comeback, okay?”

“NE!” We all shouted in unison.

“And I have one thing to say. Our ELFs…please don’t be disappointed with this announcement.” Our hearts skipped a beat. What would he be announcing that would make us all disappointed? He heaved a deep sigh and began talking.

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon…” My eyes widened as he mentioned my name. Could it be that he still loves me after all these years? “I know you’re there in the crowd.” I stood frozen as ELFs began looking for me. How did he know? He replied as if he read my mind. “I could feel your strong aura.” Super Junior laughed. I slightly smiled.

“Jessica…SARANGHAE!!!” H-h-he confessed!!! In front of the public!!! I’m at lost, I don’t know what to say. H-he still loves me… Tears began to flow as I saw him eye me. He saw me. The ELFs that surrounded me began recognizing me and started to push me towards the platform. The next thing I knew, I was standing right in front of Super Junior with all the cameras focused on me. He took my hand and carried me up to their stage. The boys were giggling nonstop. Donghae suddenly put his arm around my waist.

“Everyone…I’m sorry if I have kept it a secret. She…is my girlfriend. I love her so much and please understand my heart. The songs I composed were for her. If you remembered, she also sang ‘Almost’ for me.” He let out a small chuckle. I looked at the crowd. I was afraid that they will crush me because their beloved Donghae is confessing his love to the once labeled the most hated trainee by netizens. But Donghae held my hand and squeezed it lightly to ease the nervous feeling in me. He knew me very well. The ELFs began accepting the fact that he IS in love. And I’m the luckiest ELF on earth. He let go of my hand and went to Super Junior. I went down and sat on a chair Super Junior gave me. Suddenly, their song Marry U played. I can’t contain my smile any longer. I was so happy. I felt so lucky having a guy like him. He took me up and began kneeling down. I was shocked! What is he gonna do? My heart raced as he started pulling out a small box from his pocket. “I bought this when they gave me a break.” He whispered. He had a break? Why didn’t he tell me? He opened the box and there it revealed a shiny diamond ring. I managed to see the carving on it. HaeSica. My eyes began swelling and tears flowed nonstop. I was full of joy and I can’t help but smile. Remembering how we first met back in 2001. Now, it’s already 2015… I can’t believe that one Mokpo kid would one day confess to San Francisco’s little Jessica Jung. Ryeowook sang softly in the background, Nawa kyeolhonhaejullae?

“JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON!” He shouted with a big smile even if I’m just in front of him. He held my hand.

“NE?!” I yelled happily too.

“Will you marry me?” Before I could say anything, Heechul began telling the crowd to follow him.

NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE! NE!

They all yelled louder. I’m extremely overjoyed with the crowds’ warm acceptance. I faced them and it made them all silent. I looked back at Donghae with his pleading puppy eyes that never failed to melt me inside. After a long silence…

“NE!!!” The crowd cheered wildly and began jumping with excitement. Super Junior did the same. But no one could be happier than me and Donghae. He stood up, cupped my face and stared at it for a while with a bright smile plastered on his face.

Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

The crowd pleaded.

“You heard them my Pretty Sica…” I smiled from ear to ear at his aegyo. He leaned in forward and crashed his lips onto mine. That moment, I didn’t care about my image. As long as I’m with the man I love, it felt so right. He began to dig deeper in my mouth but I stopped him from doing so. “Save it for later…” I whispered. He smiled cheekily. He held my hand and together with Super Junior we bowed 90 degrees to ELFs.

“Urineun Syu-peo Ju-ni…eo-ye-yo!!!”