Chapter 38

The Last Human (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


-Weeks pass; Erin’s POV-

I was home alone tonight.  Joon was out doing his ‘job’ of assassinating other vampires.  For protection, he gave me Caeli. Apparently it can kill all vampires except for newborn experiments.

I sat in Joon’s room with my arms around my legs.  The gun was hiding in my lap.

Memories of Jinyoung oppa popped up in my head. He was the first vampire to confront me about my safety.  My first boyfriend... He’s protected me from others. He’s made me laugh and smile. We were literally in love with each other.

Suddenly, Joon came into the picture. Our first meeting was me being kidnapped... I scowled.

*It always seems like he’s hiding something from me... It’s always been that way..*

He’s cold on the outside, but a big softie on the inside. He’s protected me in hundreds of ways. He’s made me smile... But.... He hasn’t necessarily made me laugh and given me too many extraordinary memories.

*Whom do I love more? Jinyoung oppa.... or Joon oppa...?*

Suddenly, I heard the window open above me. I quickly turned to see an unfamiliar vampire! The vampire advanced towards me by jumping down from the window sill. I screamed and pulled the trigger aimlessly. The vampire screeched and fell on top of me, his head just beside my neck. He gasped and shakily moved his arm up and cupped it against the side of my neck.

My body froze from fear. Blood seeped from the vampire’s head and quickly stained Joon’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter