Chapter 36

The Last Human (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt sick as I fell. My heart kept racing as I felt the unnecessary butterflies in my stomach.

I looked down to see that I was already close to the ground. Kai and Reita reached for me, but we were too far apart from each other. All of the sudden, everything stopped. My body stopped, as well as everything else. I felt Kai’s arms around me once more. I felt us moving for ten minutes until we halted.

“Everything’s okay, Erin-chan!”

I opened my eyes to see Reita and Kai standing as if nothing happened. I took in a deep breath and started hyperventilating. Reita put Jinyoung oppa’s body down and rushed over.

“Breathe Erin!!! Calm down! You’re alive!”

I asked,

“Do you know how MUCH THAT SCARED ME?!”

Kai lightly put me down on my feet with a sheepish smile. I held onto Reita to regain my balance. My legs were wobbly from experiencing that scary fall.

“Sorry! The building was on fire, the stairs were blocked off by the flames, and it’s definitely not the best idea to take the elevator during a fire... Plus, the floors above us were about to crush us if we didn’t think about going through the window!”

I sighed and hugged the both of them.

“I’m just happy that you guys are still here with me, and brought Jinyoung oppa.”

They both smiled and hugged back. Reita pulled away and pondered out loud,

“Now, we just have to figure out what to do... Japanese vampires are after you.”

“Aren’t we all Japanese?”

“...True, but I mean the government... We need a place to hide you, where they would never think of keeping you.”

Suddenly, Reita pulled me behind him as Kai got in front of us.

“Come out!”

A figure swiftly stepped out from behind a tree. He had two guns, both of the same color. They looked vaguely familiar to me. I looked up to see who aimed the guns at Reita and Kai. I squinted my eyes at him for a brief second. A wide grin smacked onto my face.

“Joon oppa!!!”

I ran around Reita and Kai, and tackled Joon oppa into a hug. At the same time, I pushed his arms down(he let me), so that the guns weren’t pointing at Reita and Kai. He wrapped a protective arm around me.

“Annyeong, Erin-ah... It’s been a while... Who are those two?” he glared at them and aimed a gun in their direction.

Reita and Kai rose a brow,

“Do you know him?”

“Hai!” I smiled.

I told Joon,

“The one with the cloth over his nose is my biological brother, Reita and the other one is his friend Kai. Now would you kindly remove your aim towards them?”

He slowly lowered the gun, but his hateful gaze remained.

“How exactly did you meet him?” Reita asked.

“Er... Well....”

I had a flashback of how I met Joon oppa.


-Flashback-

-Erin’s POV-


I had a peaceful sleep that night. I woke up reenergized and felt familiar arms around me. I suddenly realized that my face was leaned against something white. I looked up and saw Jinyoung oppa looking down at me.


“Good morning!” he beamed.


I blinked for a second, not realizing what position I was in. I shook my sleepiness away and realized that my face was buried in his chest while I was asleep.


“G-G-Good morning.”


I shyly smiled and buried my face back into his chest, attempting to hide my blush.


“Aigoo… You’re just too adorable!” he chuckled and caressed the back of my head, running his fingers through my long hair.


He continued it for a few minutes longer until he briefly stopped in the middle. A low growl erupted from his throat. He pulled me closer to him. Fear slowly seeped into me.


*Who is here?*


Jinyoung oppa’s growling suddenly got louder. I looked up from his chest and saw him glaring and wrinkling his nose at someone else in the room. He suddenly got on top of me, facing the person, with his arms over me protectively.


“Don’t get any closer.” He hissed at the person.


“And why should I listen to you?” a familiar voice responded.


I peeked from under Jinyoung oppa to see GD. There was a sudden ripple in the air, aimed at Jinyoung oppa. He winced and put a hand over one of his ears. GD smirked,


“Instead of taking the human first, why not take the person who’s protecting her?”


Jinyoung oppa cursed under his breath as he collapsed on top of me. Another ripple in the air was aimed at Jinyoung oppa. He groaned in pain and held onto both sides of his head.


“M-Mianhe Erin-ah. I’m squashing you.”


He ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter