☨Rubric ☨

☨~Heavenly Sinful Review + Upvote Shop~ ☨ | FINISHING REQUESTS | CLOSED |

the

heavenly sinful

rubric

Home

Getting Started

About Us

Who are We

Portfolio

What Do We Do

Story Details

 

Date: 00-September-2013
Author: Username
Story Link: Link
Reviewed By: Username

 

 

Remember: We may seem like cynical reviewers for taking stories so seriously, but the fact that your are asking for a review merely means that you also take your story seriously and seek for improvement. We will try to be most constructive with our critism to help you out as best as we can.

We also have the right to read up to how many chapters we desire when we believe we have enough material to complete your review. 

Review

 

Title: /5
Is it alluring? Overused? Does it attract the readers' attention?



Description/Foreword: /10

Does it give too much information or too little? Neat? Messy? 

 

 


Character Development/Showcasing: /10

There are three types of depths of characters that are used in stories: one-dimensional, two-dimensional, and three-dimentional (if you knew this then good for you if you didn't then go study up because this is vital). Make sure that your characters aren't one-dimensional, because then you'll make the audience fall asleep in no time.  But you also don't want to develop every single character, because then instead of writing a one-shot (for example), you'd end up with the prologue to the introduction of your novel (k we might be kind of exaggerating here but you get the point, I hope).  Make sure that there is balance.  

NOTE: The main character will usually have the most dimensions...if not, then that's weird.

 


Appearance: /10

Is it neat? Does it fit the mood of the story? The showcase of how much time it's being put on. It's okay if you don't have a poster/bg: you will be excused from the points for this criteria. 

NOTE: We will recommend graphic shops in this section for you if you'd like. 

 


Originality/Plot: /20

BIG ONE! A plot can be cliché, it really doesn't matter, so long as it remains a pleasure to read.  However, an intricate, complicated plot (called an imbroglio) will denounce a greater amount of effort and time put into its creation than a simpler one:  this can be either in your favor or against it, depends if your plot is elaborate or straightforward. 

NOTE: you don't want a convoluted plot either, unless you wish to give readers a headache.  If you want to try to read a story with this kind of plot, buy The Antithesis by Terra Whiteman and enjoy the ride.

 


Flow: /15
 Fast-paced?  Maybe overly-so? Does it skip too much time?  Does it idle on one scene for hours while another for a few seconds? Are you too wordy? Chapter length has nothing to do with this, they can be 100 words or 3,00 words, it doesn't matter (try to refrain from having like five consecutive chapters of 100 words, it gets annoying). 


 

Grammar/Spelling: /15

Fragment sentences? Incorrect spelling? Incorrect punctuations? Awkward phrases?

 

 

Writing style: /10

 How beautifully written is it?  Is it even written well? This is self-explanatory.  Are the tags well chosen for the story? Example: a story is tagged as romance, but there's nothing but blood and gore and creepy s*hit throughout the whole damn thing.

 


General Enjoyment/Last Comment: /5

Was it a pleasure for the reviewer to read? Did it make them feel emotion, such as anger, sadness, empathy? Were they entertained, or were they just constantly bored?    

NOTE: Don't take this score so personally okay, it's purely based on the reviewer's thoughts.  And also just because the reviewer likes it or doesn't is not a reason for you to believe that everyone else will think similarly.  We are all entitled to our own opinions, and while some people might hate your story with vehemence, others could just as well love it with every fabric of their being.

 

OVERALL /100 POINTS POSSIBLE.

STORIES WITH 95+ SCORES WILL BE FEATURED AND AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE 4 FREE UPVOTES.

NOTE: The score is based on The Heavenly Review Shop, not by everyone that reads your story. Don't take the score too lightly and not too heavily.

 

 

 

 

Everything on this thread unless otherwise stated was created by in:exordium's staff.
This theme is by Nefelibata Themes and can be used as base and can be tweaked to your heart's content!