I love you baby...

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Kwon Jiyong sat back in his chair, twisting his head left and right trying to get the kinks out.  His back was aching and his body sore.  He looked at the watch on his wrist.  2am, it’s been 8 hours since he started working.  Getting up he stretched his body and then turned around, looking for the other person in the room.  Jiyong grinned as his eyes fell upon the adorable sight before him.  There she was sleeping on the couch with her hands tucked under her round cheeks.   She was awake for the first couple of hours they were there, talking and doodling in her notebook.  But when he started to focus his full attention on his music she had left him alone, giving him the time he need to complete his work.  She always told him that she didn’t mind waiting, and that she was just happy being there with him.  He was happy she was there too.

Jiyong walked over quietly and kneeled next to his girlfriend’s body.  It’s been 2 years since they officially got together.  He had loved her much longer than that though… has it really been 7 years now?  Jiyong remembered how the beginning of their relationship was rocky and filled with obstacles.  He had pursued her for as long as he could remember, but she had always turned him down, telling him that he was nothing but a dongsaeng to her.  It had broken his heart and left him bitter.  He tried to move on.  God, had he tried with all of his might to forget her.  But it was impossible feat.  All the pretty-faced idols, or models were pale in comparison to her.  No one could make his heart speed up the way she could.  No one could make him forget everything else in this world the way she did.  Ironically, it was because he tried dating those other females that she finally came to realize her feelings for him.  Whenever a rumor surfaced on the Internet, she would take her jealously out on him.  Then finally one day he lost control and kissed her.  And then she kissed him back. The rest was history.  He thanked God everyday for giving her to him.

 

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

You'd be like Heaven to touch.

I wanna hold you so much.

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

 

Jiyong leaned over and pressed his lips against hers briefly. “Wake up baby.  It’s time to go home.”  Brushing his lips now over her cheek he tried to coerce her into waking up.  She squished up her nose as she shook her head.

“5 more minutes, Jiyong.  The bread is almost done… just wait 5 more minutes…” She mumbled.  Jiyong couldn’t contain the chuckle at her words.  She was really something else, funny, smart, and beautiful.  Her personality was one of a different world.  At the same time that she was silly and cute, she was sincere and thoughtful.  She always put the health and happiness of her friends and family first.  For him, she was his motivation and muse.  He could write hundreds of songs just about her, and his love for her. She made him good, and whole.  She was his heart, life, and soul.

“Yah!  Even in your sleep you’re dreaming about bread.  Hwangssabu, is going to make you exercise more,” he teased playfully.

She squirmed from his words even from within her dreams.  Crying out, “Hwangssabu?!  Ani, I don’t love corn.  I hate corn the most…” Jiyong couldn’t help but laughed even harder as he kissed her again.  This time the action was successful in waking her up and she responded to his kiss.  He felt her arms wrap around his neck, pulling him down to deepen the kiss.  When they were both out of breath, he drew back from her.  Her eyes were glossed over with passion and her pouty lips were swollen from his kisses.  He could hear his own heart pounding in his ears.  Just one kiss, one touch and he became putty in her hands.

“Mmm... let’s go home, love.”  She nodded her head in agreement.

 

Pardon the way that I stare.

There's nothing else to compare.

The sight of you leaves me weak.

There are no words left to speak,

But if you feel like I feel,

Please let me know that it's real.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

 

Still drowsy from sleep, Jiyong helped her sit up as he pulled her coat around her and zipped it up. She smiled cutely looking up at him as he took her green knitted cap and pulled it over her ears, tucking her hair to the side.  After pulling on his own hoodie and grabbing their bags, Jiyong took her hand and the two of them left heading home.

It was cold out, but it hasn’t started snowing yet.  It was a good thing that their apartment was close by and in no time at all they were back in their cozy home.  Jiyong went to turn up the thermostat and put away their things in the study, while she got ready for bed.  By the time he joined her, in their bedroom, she was already buried deep within the covers.

“Jiyong-ah, it’s freezing!  Come quickly to bed and warm me up,” her voiced muffled from underneath the covers.  He quickly changed out of his clothes, into a t-shirt and sweatpants.  Pulling the covers back, he crawled in next to her.  Instantly, she wiggled herself into his arms and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly.  Snuggling her head into the crook of his neck she let out a content sigh.

“Better?”  He asked as he kissed her head.  He buried his nose into her hair and breathes in her scent.  She smelled like newly bloomed flowers in the springtime to him.  He rubbed his hands up and down her back, warming her in the cold room.  They wrapped themselves around the other’s heat.

“Ne, much better now with you here.  And much, much warmer too,” she said against his neck.  Her words were slurring together as sleep overcame her again.

             

I love you, baby,

And if it's quite alright,

I need you, baby,

To warm a lonely night.

I love you, baby.

Trust in me when I say:

Oh, pretty baby,

Don't bring me down, I pray.

Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay

And let me love you, baby.

Let me love you.

 

He could hear her breathing slow and even out, when he thought she had fallen asleep, he felt her lips move again.

“I love you, Jiyong,” she said almost inaudibly.  Squeezing her a bit tighter to him, he brushed a kiss across her forehead and he whispered back, “I love you too, Bom.  Sweet dreams baby.”  The two drifted off to sleep holding each other close.

 

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

You'd be like Heaven to touch.

I wanna hold you so much.

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

 

I love you, baby,

And if it's quite alright,

I need you, baby,

To warm a lonely night.

I love you, baby.

Trust in me when I say:

Oh, pretty baby,

Don't bring me down, I pray.

Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay.

 

THE END

Can't Take My Eyes Off You -- By: Frankie Valli