Rap Monster~

War Of Hormones

 

Bulletproof Boy: Hello Hello?

Bulletproof Boy: What do you want right now?

I blushed and brushed my fingers over the keys of my laptop, my manicured nails pausing on the enter key after entering the single word. Internally cringing at the cheesiness and desperation behind the word; however, it’s not like the answer would change.

Hole-Filled Girl: You.

The reply was instantaneous.

Bulletproof Boy: I can give it to you.

Bulletproof Boy: Right now.

There was a sharp tapping on my window and at the same time, a video screen popped up on my phone, displaying none other than my own Bulletproof Boy. He grinned, eyes crinkling together as his teeth flashed silently in the semi darkness of his currently unknown destination, as he held up a sign with the words:

“Open the window”

I quickly held two buttons on my device down to screenshot the image, leaving it to join the millions of other pictures of my boy, pausing to smile at the cuteness and perfection of my bias turned boyfriend. My mind drifted back to the fan signing where I had, amidst thousands of other fans, stood directly in front of the man who consumed my time and life.

~

His hair had been styled, his outfit perfect and he smiled brightly to every fan that greeted him.

But his eyes held something reflecting the opposite of his usual bubbly and open personality. My heart hurt at the sadness in his eyes. Acting on instinct, I had quickly written down my number on the paper meant for our name and handed it to him.

My dark brown hair had drifted to one side of my body, blocking the piece of paper from view as I leaned forward and whispered into his ear,“I know your smile is fake, but it’s okay. Here’s my number. If you need someone to talk to I’m here, okay? I won’t tell anyone!”

My heart was racing at my uncharacteristic boldness. He sat there dumbstruck as I smiled at him and told him my name for him to sign my CD. He did so, still shocked, not responding until I had already moved down the line.

“Wait, Yeolji!” I looked back at him, my face reflecting the question I didn’t need to ask.

“Thank you.” Was all he said as he returned to his seat and previous fake smile and open appearance.

I had shrugged this off as a rejection, happy that at least he knew I was here for him, content that that would be the end of our contact. Then I received the text.

~

My phone beeped, and the tapping at the window snapped me out of my riviere, the boy in my phone had been tapping his watch, looking at me comically as though begging me to hurry up. I smirked at the little man before opening the white windows of my modest house. My knee knelt on the small seat inside the window as I leant forward and looked out.

My phone beeped again, this time, he was holing up a picture of a man. Underneath this was a name,

“Namjoon’s first”

I looked around for a hidden Rap Monster but saw no one. I frowned at my phone before something ran in front of me before suddenly stopping with a bob of its head, I shrieked before falling off the chair. From my position of the ground, my body tensed up at the assailant but quickly relaxed at the Monster in front of me. Once again, there were no words, just a sign

“Please follow me, I’ll buy you food.”

Once I checked with the boy in my phone (a simple nod was motioned), I slowly climbed over the windowsill, Namjoon intertwined out fingers and my sight flashed down to my phone before my boy waved with a grin, the sign read:

 “Go be a fan”

Then, the screen turned off and he was gone.

I turned my head and looked at the blonde male beside me, he smiled brightly before holding up his phone and indicating to mine. Just as he did so, my phone beeped that a message has arrived. My brow drew together as I replied.

RaMo: No talking tonight, Yeolji~ His orders.

HisGirl: Why not?

RaMo: I think he’s crazy these days.

HisGirl: I’ll be a fan of you, you, you. Just for today. Okay?

As his phone dinged I beamed up at him and he tugged on my hand and lead me down my street to a café. He simply nodded at the waitress in the doorway before leading me to a table near the back, secluded area of the café. There was no menu, just my favourite meal resting on the table. I motioned to my wallet, as if the pay for my share. But the man beside me shook his head and began typing.

*Ding*

RaMo: You don’t need to spend money on this~

I didn’t respond and simply took my seat. I pursed my lips before looking at Namjoon, I disliked it when I couldn’t pay for my own meal, and independence had always been one of the things He appreciated in me.

RaMo: I can see right through you~ Just eat, He paid for it, not me.

At this, I sighed before eating my meal, the dinner was filled with the sounds of muffled laughter and phones beeping, filled with the feelings of farewell. The feelings of being in front of a star returned, the lack of vocal communication caused a separation between us that excited my inner fangirl.

The previous months had been filled with the aftermath of the texts sent between ‘Bulletproof Boy’ and me; inevitably, I was required to become more than a fan to the people closely surrounding him.

Namjoon had been harsh when we first met, constantly glaring and claiming I had even less “jams” than Jimin. He constantly worried over my interactions with his family of friends, often declaring that as the leader of Bangtan, he was also the leader of those close to s. Through this, and my continued interactions, I became the friend of my once Ultimate Bias Group. I stopped screaming and hyperventilating whenever their pictures came onto my Tumblr feed or they released a new music video. Their music still amazed me, but the light surrounding my stars diminished until I began to see them as regular people.

I breathed my second sigh of the night as the hole in my life left by this singular boy group resurfaced and as I was finding a way to bring back the curious and happy feeling from before, my phone beeped at me again, and a video popped up, this time, the sign read:

“Turn your eyes to the girls.”

Beside us, there had been a small gaggle of girls, occasionally shrieking and I had neglected them in favour of playing my role as a fan. But now I directed my gaze towards them and noticed a small black head of short, perfectly styled hair amongst them. His small, youthful face was flushed from all the attention but as I turned, he held up his phone with a bright grin. I glanced at the busy device as a message came.

Kookie: I’m 18, I know what I need to know~

At this, I rolled my eyes and blushed. I turned back to Rap Mon, but he was already at the door to the café, he smiled at me and waved before leaving. 

My phone went off one last time before he moved out of sight.

RaMo: See you later~ Thank you for existing, Yeolji. x

As I felt my eyes tearing up, I glanced up at the maknae in front of me. As I did, my heart raced   because he closed the distance between us, and the soft pressure of our lips touching caused me to freeze.