Who came up with this idea again, please?

Is this the reality you wanted?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2: 

 

The next day, our manager came to wake up us at dawn joyfully, jumping here and there like a child, waiting for us to get up.

‘Can’t you be more excited? WINNER is it, WINNER’ he shouted.

Excited? I couldn’t sleep at all last night; I had a horrible headache with all the thoughts running down my head. For the first time, I’ll be meeting one of my favorite bands.

Being a fangirl AND a k-pop star was hard. How do I act? What will they think of me? What if their personalities really differ from other shows? Will we get along well?

Like a machine, I left my bed painfully towards the bathroom. My eyes were feeling heavy, and my dark circles were awfully obvious.

Launching a glance at my roommate and current best friend, I could see that she wasn’t at her best either. Being in charge of the ‘nervousness’ in the group, her neurotic tendencies were –usually- hilarious, but at the moment, it was only contagious.

A thousand and one struggles later, we finally managed to take a shower, dress well, and get our makeup done by the ’cordinoonas’. It was time to get in the van and meet our new roommates after a thirty minute ride.

Cameras were already filming us LIVE, and –thanks to our amazing makeup artists- we looked pretty much decent; and even more if I could say.

‘Tell us your thoughts about that one life chance experience!’ asked a reporter

‘How does it feel, as an unknown rookie group, to live with the cream of the crop band?’ added another

‘Are you Inner Circles?’ screeched a journalist

 `Leader, said one, looking at Malak, aren’t you excited? `

`And how about our Maknae? ` Shouted someone.

I was outraged by the amount of disrespect they were showing. Cream of the crop? Unknown rookie group? That was rude, -for us- at least.

But then again, I couldn’t help but laugh as I felt Malak tensing up, her nervous tics showing up one more time.

Relaxing a bit more –thanks to the priceless unnie- , I managed somehow to reply to the first questions while she –I guessed- , mentally prepared some short speech.

‘It sounds pretty interesting to me; I replied smiling, this one life chance, as you say, would really help us gain some experience’

‘Honestly, I’m still in awe, added Malak. Collaborating with the sunbaes is really an honor and I hope we will learn as much as we can from them. Please look forward to it’

‘Wise words, as expected from Utopia’s leader, approved a journalist. Do you think you will appreciate them?’ he added.

‘I don’t know, I retorted. When it comes to people, you can’t really kno...`

`Surely` Malak interrupted. ‘What Aya means, is that she’s not having high expectations, but I’m pretty sure they will show a positive momentum and that we could possibly get along well. `

The pressmen, convinced, wished us a nice ride before taking their leave.

Brusquely, Malak elbowed me, looking rather upset.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter