[BONUS] a gift from santa

XOXO FIC ADVENT CALENDAR 2014
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kai/female!sehun | genderbender, romance, humor | 2,7k+ words | pg-13
warnings: female!sehun
there are only few things oh sehee regrets in her live so far, and one is having sent a letter to santa.

There are only few things that Oh Sehee regrets in her fifteen and two thirds years of life. One, that was slapping that girl from a parallel class right across the face because she had called Sehee a two weeks ago - it ended with Sehee being grounded for a month, despite her not being the one who started the fight; didn't calling someone a deserved a slap? Two, that was bringing Tao over to her house, because now Tao was always there, making out with Ryeokbeom, and how gross was that, to see her best friend face with her older brother? And three, well nothing beats her biggest regret, here listed as number three, and that was writing a letter to santa.

Yes, Oh Sehee, the pretty middle schooler had written a letter to Santa Claus, as Tao had suggested, to put it into the mailbox in front of the supermarket just around the corner, because those were sent to Santa and since Sehee was such a nice girl - Sehee snorted - her wish would surely be granted.

"Are you even real?" Sehee had asked, and Tao just shrugged, writing I wish Santa to bring me a handsome boyfriend this Xmas xoxo Oh Sehee with a pink glitter gel pen that was not only absolutely not Oh Sehee, but also clashed horribly with the green-red-white-colored Christmas card she had somehow produced from her panda backpack. How Ryeokbeom could date such a baby, Sehee could never understand, just like how she couldn't understand how she could befriend someone as naive as Tao. That might be her regret number four, if Tao wasn't a sweet, caring friend, always there to listen to Sehee's rants late in the night when they were talking on the phone, or the times Tao had picked Sehee together when Sehee felt down and shattered into a million pieces by the expectations put upon the genius kid, as well as the rumors and bad talk behind her back, simply, because pretty and smart did not go together. Usually, Tao would say, but with you it makes perfectly sense.

Okay, so it wasn't actually Sehee who had written that letter, but it was signed with her name, and that counted, or so Kim Jongin had said. Kim Jongin as the annoying dude who had been constantly swarming around her from day one, when she just transferred to her new school. Arrogant Kim Jongin who thought Sehee would date him, just because he was the school's heartthrob and popular among the girls. Narcissistic Kim Jongin who thought he could get any girl he wanted because he was hot. Kim Jongin who broke up with his current girlfriend right in front of the class to ask Sehee out on a date. Sehee cringes.

"It's not even my handwriting," she says stubbornly, arms crossed in front of her chest. She is still standing in the doorframe with her winter coat on, contemplating to run upstairs to Ryeokbeom and throw a temper tantrum because who in the world was so stupid to open the door to a Kim Jongin?

"It's signed with your name," Jongin says, grinning. "So I'm here to grant your wish."

"You wish," Sehee snorts. "Now get the out of here or I will call the police for domestic disturbance."

"Your brother opened the door to me. I am a guest," Jongin deadpans. "And I think your parents agree."

At that, Sehee swiftly turns around to meet her parents' judging faces. "Young lady," Mr. Oh starts and Sehee knows she will get a lecture on word choice and proper expressions from him, as well as a lecture on how to behave ladylike and how to treat a guest later from her mother, and so she cuts them short.

"Sorry Dad, Ma, that's just the way we joke around," she grits between her teeth, sending Jongin a deathly glare. Jongin just looks amused and nods.

"Please, Sehee didn't mean it. She just loves to be this cold ice princess who will melt and warm up just by a hug and a kiss from her boyfriend." Jongin would be dead by now, if Sehee could kill people with her eyes alone. And if her parents weren't there to witness

"Boyfriend?" Mrs. Oh asks, tone curious, and starts what Sehee knows will be her doom.


🎄


They are having dinner now, the whole family with Mr. and Mrs. Oh, Ryeokbeom, and Sehee and Jongin, who had introduced himself as Sehee's boyfriend earlier. As precious daughter in the Oh household, Sehee had expected her parents to be shocked by such a claim and kick Jongin out, claiming him to be a liar, but all they did was smiling and asking if he wanted to stay for dinner. Sehee wanted to protest and clear up the misunderstanding, but it proved to be difficult when Jongin was in her parents' favor now.

"You never told us," Ryeokbeom says and earns himself a kick in the shin, a light one that he ignores, because the siblings have been doing that for years, kicking each other without giving the other away to the parents. It is some kind of tradition and doesn't change, not even with Jongin sitting there as well, the amused grin seemingly plastered onto his face. Sehee would claw it away if her parents weren't looking now.

"Because Sehee was scared Mr. and Mrs. Oh wouldn't allow her to have a boyfriend, distraction from school, you know?" Jongin says and Sehee smiles miserably as her mother cooes.

"But darling, your grades are always on top, even if you don't study," her mother says. "I was worried you might end up single your whole life with how you focus on school and work only, not to mention your really bad temper." Her father nods, always agreeing with his wife, and Sehee heaves a sigh.

"Oh, but that's not true. Sehee is so sweet, actually," Jongin says and Sehee freezes in her seat when the other leans in to press a peck on her cheek. She is so going to kill him afterwards, cut open his throat or pour acid onto his ugly face.


🎄


"Don't you need to be at home with your family?" Sehee asks irritatedly as Jongin follows her upstairs. She wants to lock herself into her room, because her parents already love Jongin with his nice guy act. He has promised to take good care of Sehee if they allow him, and that has completely won over her parents. Sehee can o
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter