1; Antecedence and half hours

Inamorata

 

The dimmed light created an angelic illusion as it fell on her face. She had cried nonstop silently and stayed kept in the corner, facing a large window.

 

Sehun was blind to the words she quietly mumbled to herself as he saw the beautiful petite girl, who was probably older than her appearance made her seem, which displayed her delicate, enhanced features under the lucid light.

 

Her eyes were shining as tears ran down her cheek slowly, almost as if she took time to cry.

 

Sehun sat there, observing her actions as a half of an hour passed in this store he occasionally visited during his time off work, which served Japchae to the old veterans of Gangnam.

 

It was the first time he’d seen a person who was younger than the age of 50 at this abandoned restaurant and he couldn’t help but stare at her. He disguised himself with a black mouth mask and a baseball cap, showing nothing but his dull, tired eyes, sleep deprived, and completely exhausted.

 

Her initially warm food had cooled down, since she left it untouched.

 

Something about her gloomy poise stirred allure throughout Sehun’s body. Having seen many girls, some even more gorgeous than her, only a few had been able to mildly attract him, with much effort.

 

Maybe it was the fact that she ate in this restaurant in which no one considered as youth cared to eat at anymore that made him gain respect for her which lead to the attraction.

 

Or maybe it was simply just him being , since it was two in the morning and which would debatably make more sense since he felt weary and fatigued.

 

A quick vibrate of his phone, made him jump out of his thoughts.

 

Manager: Expecting you in the dorm in an hour, we have a schedule we have to prepare for.

 

He rolled his already tired eyes with force thinking about how he would not be getting sleep anytime soon.

 

Somehow, the phone in his had slipped, tumbling into the extra soup that he ordered along with his Japchae, creating a splash. He yelped a “No!” quickly, as he watched his phone drown in to the soupy serving.

 

He quickly dug the phone out of the soup and cleaned the liquid out in desperation, using up many of the napkins on the table. His heart raced as he reached for the unlock button on the phone.  His phone was brand new, he bought it only prior to yesterday, and spent all his lone time feeding his music, contacts, and important data into it. Not to mention, it had cost him a load of money from his own pocket to buy it.

 

“Jesus ing Christ!” he cursed out loudly, forgetting that he was in a public area when the screen did not brighten up after he pressed the unlock button.

 

Defeated, he took his cap off and exasperatedly ran a hand through his hair letting out a deep, frustrated breath.

 

His eyes made its way toward the girl’s direction again.

 

She stood up all of a sudden, and in a matter of seconds in front of him was her, somewhere under 5 ft tall, dressed in a mini plaid dress.

 

Sehun was still, well because he felt still as the girl scrutinized him closely.

 

His body was partly alerted that this certain female, who was staring holes in to him was most definitely a sasaeng fan.

 

With a hand held out for Sehun to shake, she finally said, “Hello, my name is Rin and I have something to say.”

 

He nodded as he accepted her hand, signaling her to continue.

 

“Are you having a ty day?”

 

A bit taken aback from her straightforward question, Sehun raised an eyebrow before uncertainly replying with a short, “No.” which caused Rin to laugh out loud.

 

“Oh, shut up, you look dead tired and also, I saw your phone drop into the soup.” She looked back toward the store owner, who Sehun referred to as ahjumma, and the two other elders before turning back around, “I’m sure they did too” 

 

She pulled a chair across from him in the mini table for two he currently sat in and scooted inward. She leaned her palm against her cheek, resting her elbow on the table, staring at him, as he quietly stared back at her.

 

“If you aren’t going to say anything, then I’ll say something.” Now both were elbows were on the table, and both hands were against her cheeks.

 

“Well, I had a very ty day. Like, if my life was a book, then this day would be the climatic part and I don’t normally talk much, so this is a onetime thing. Will you be my guest while I vent to you?”

 

Sehun was of course curious to know, but what struck him the most was that she didn’t recognize him. His mouth mask still hung on his face but his cap was off, and the chances of recognizing him were high.

 

“Will you?” She asked again, emphasizing the words since he was being unresponsive again.

 

He nodded, although he wasn’t sure why. He hated listening to people talk, it bored him to depths of hell. She was also a random stranger, that was undoubtedly beautiful, but that wasn’t an excuse for why he nodded. Why did he do that? What was even going on? That is how he felt, confused.

 

And they talked. Sehun probably talked more than her. He wasn’t sure what she did to make him talk all of that, but she got him to pour his thoughts out. They continued talking for about half an hour, until…

 

“You look like you dance. Do you?” she asked, eyeing his muscles.

 

Another small nod, but not knowing why. It was almost involuntary, as if she controlled him, and they only talked for half an hour.

 

“I know we just sort of met, and also that you are exhausted physically, but let me be selfish just today. Can you dance for me? I think a little entertainment would make my day a little better.”

 

She asked in a pleasing tone, but her eyes were desperate for it. Not in a ual way, but as if she wanted oblivion, as if dance would make her forget about the events that occurred today.

 

Another half an hour passed as they stood, in the middle of the store, dancing heartily while the three elders cheered on.

 

On his way back to the dorm thoughts of her filled his mind. She left a little earlier than him because of a text she got. Before leaving, she asked for his name, and he lied when he said, “Shin.”

 

Frustrated, he punched his steering wheel after he parked his car by the dorm, making it honk because he felt paranoid and irked that he did not ask for her phone number. The only thing he knew was her name. Rin.

 

Because one thing was sure. The chances of seeing her once again was slim.

 

All he could think for the next two months was Rin. He even visited the restaurant again, a several times, even sneaking away a few times, just to see if she’d ever show up, but there were no traces of her.