Final

I got a halo round my head

A demon can only stay low on Earth for so long until things get boring. People have a tendency to ruin things for themselves, but it's so much more fun to help them do it in a more interesting way.

Maybe it is time to do just that.

Jongdae has been occupying a nice apartment in Seoul, South Korea, posing as a twenty-something man. It has what he needs and more, but he's still bored. Normally he wouldn't think too much about what to do to entertain himself — now, though, he considers it carefully. Just killing someone isn't enough. He should at least make something interesting happen.

He does kill a man. Not for the fun of it. It is part of his plan, or whatever. Jongdae does not call it a plan; he is a demon. Demons don't make plans. They just do their thing. Which is what Jongdae does. He shoots a man in the middle of a mall, in the form of a ten-years-old child. Then he turns around and disappears in a cloud of black smoke and manic laughter (for added effect, of course), leaving the dead body and a hundred screaming men, women and children behind him.

He has never been one for subtlety.

Which is why he isn't surprised the morning after, when he is reading about his trip to the mall in the newspaper. Apparently, people are wondering if someone brainwashed the child to do what he did, and maybe it could be happening to your child. “Did they not notice that the child who killed that man somehow turned into smoke after shooting him?” he huffs to himself. “Maybe I should brainwash children to shoot people. That could be interesting.”

There's a flutter of wings behind him while he talks to himself. He puts down the paper and his cup of coffee — briefly noticing how domesticated he has become — and smirks. “I'd thought you would come earlier.”

He can almost hear the angel rolling his eyes. “I am under orders to come down here and bring you in,” Junmyeon says seriously.

“To Heaven jail? You know that isn't going to happen, dear angel.” Jongdae finally turns to look at him, smirk still playing on his lips.

Junmyeon looks as serious and angelic as ever. The only thing that is missing to complete the image is his wings. The demon knows that they are actually there, though. They're just not visible.

Jongdae can't get over the angel's extreme sense of duty righteousness. It's worse than several of the other angels he has met in the past — at least they're a little more willing to play.

“It is going to happen. This is me, bringing you in.”

“Oh, come on, Junmyeon. You have to admit it was kind of funny. Never mind, you're too uptight and good to think so, aren't you?” The demon stands up and approaches him with a confident walk. He wonders where Junmyeon got that body from. Whose body did he copy? The guy certainly looks angelic even without the actual angel's grace.

He gets all the way into Junmyeon's face, gazing at him with that sly grin. It's obvious that Junmyeon is getting uncomfortable, being so close to a demon. Demons are bad, filthy creatures that need to be imprisoned in Heaven. Or Hell. Either one works, so long as they're not messing up the natural order of the world. Jongdae lets out a faint sigh. “I like this body you have here. He's attractive. Just a little too...angel-like for my taste,” he purrs.

The angel is quick to see what he is doing, though. He moves a few steps back. “Stop. Jongdae, you don't have to be this. A demon. If you just come with me, God can help you, he can show you the way.”

Jongdae laughs out loud. This is certainly interesting. “You want me to become like you? A stiff, boring angel? I'm touched that you care, but no thank you. I don't want that.”

“Then what do you want? I know you well enough to know that there's always some idiotic motive.” Junmyeon stays his ground, but Jongdae is moving dangerously close to him and the angel is fighting the urge to run away.

“I want what I always want,” the demon whispers in his ear. “Fun.” He nuzzles the angel's neck lightly, and knows that Junmyeon is lost. “And it seems like I've found it.”

-----

Junmyeon opens his eyes to hear the sound of cars driving through the city. The window is open, like it was when he came there. He glances around the room.

Somehow they got to the bedroom, but everything in their way had fallen to the floor or been broken. Jongdae is sleeping peacefully next to him, and if you didn't know him, you'd never think that he is a demon that killed a man in the middle of a mall only the day before.

The thoughts that fly through Junmyeon's head are incomprehensible, even to the angel himself. The only thing he knows is that he has been stained. He has slept with a demon. A demon he had hoped to perhaps be able to cleanse. Instead, Jongdae is the one who contaminated him with his lust and want.

He sneaks out of bed and doesn't bother to put clothes on. Not that he knows where they are – they seem to have disappeared during...he doesn't even want to think about it. He just needs to get out. So he takes off, and flies back to Heaven in hope that he will be let back in.