XVII.

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun wasn't happy with how the situation turned out. Not one bit. He felt angry that he was more upset than Chanyeol about the situation with Emi. He would have thought she would be more upset about it, like any normal person. But he was starting to discover she wasn't as normal as she put herself out to be.

It started before they actually officially met. Just that girl who Chanyeol bumped him off for in class. But he somewhat remembered when he first saw Emi when they sat at the queenka table on the first day of school.

And how he thought she was friends with Luna, when she flat out ignored her in the hallway. He thought it was strange, considering Emi's gestured was pretty clear for them to see. He didn't think twice when Emi made it look like nothing and kept walking. He caught everything.

He just thought she was a girl who was tutoring Chanyeol. Nothing really more than that, other than he knew she had a good sense of humor if Baekhyun got her to laugh. 

Then it grew when he befriended her, when they were assigned a project together. He thought she was shy, but it was just other people had to approach her first. After that she acted like a normal person. Easy to talk to, pretty funny. Too many characteristics similar to Jongdae, which he had to remind himself to keep him away from her.

She befriended Sun Hi, which he was incredibly greatful for. Not only did it mean he could actually be around her more, but it also meant that Emi had another friend. And he knew that Sun Hi was going to be the perfect one. 

But then he turned a bit selfish. He wanted to spend more time with Sun Hi himself. They'd hung out plenty of times, enough times alone for Baehyun to rekindle his feelings. That's when he slipped. 

He didn't notice his roommate had been texting back and forth with Luna. Didn't know that Chanyeol had asked Emi advice about her, right in front of her face. That must have hurt Emi a lot, he had thought to himself. Obviously it did since she ended up in the hospital. 

That scared him a lot. Watching her faint from far away while Sun Hi and Baekhyun were planning on going out that day. That scared the hell out of him. He ran faster than he ever had, only to scoop up her lifeless body. That alone replayed in his head more than anything else.

More than Sun Hi hysterically crying and calling an ambulance, more than Minho lecturing them once he got there. It was holding in his arms one of his own friends, a split second thinking that she was dying. It was irrational to think that way, but the thought ran across his mind more than anything else.

This situation was a game changer. He knew he wasn't supposed to overhear Minho's speech to Emi, but he did anyways. The peices were put together after that. The saddest thing was that her parents forgot her when she was only four years old. And Emi has had to deal with that her entire life.

He talked to Sun Hi about it the most. He didn't think Chanyeol would be of much help, and he did't think it was his place to tell him. They made a promise to each other, they'd try much harder just for Emi.

He was sitting in Sun Hi's room devising a plan. She didn't have a roommate, so they could openly talk about it like any one's business. It turns out that Sun Hi was feeling the same way as Baekhyun, only she had more developed feelings about who Luna was. 

"They don't hang out at all." Sun Hi told him. 

For roommates and supposedly best friends, that didn't make sense at all. They've known each other for such a long time. Baekhyun put together more pieces and realized that all of Luna's posted pictures on social media never included Emi in them.

A light bulb sparked inside Baekhyun's head. "What about a double date?"

Sun Hi raised her eyebrow at him. For a ditzy guy like Baekhyun who still hadn't made Sun Hi his girlfriend, that was actually a good idea. He smirked knowing that she knew he did something good, making her roll her eyes.

"Tch, one good idea." She sarcastically commented. 

He wriggled his eyebrows, tapping the side of her leg with his foot to play with her. "Yeah, well you liked it."

Their plan was to go bowling. That was casual enough where neither Emi nor Chanyeol would find anything suspicious. They could all just get closer as friends, that was the basis of the plan.

It's just that...Baekhyun wanted to be a little selfish. Just once more. While Sun Hi was devising a plan, he got distracted. By her. He stared at her, just the way that she moved around writing out their plan. And remembered the jerk self he was when they first met. 

Sun Hi wasn't exactly the blunt girl she was now. That comes with experience of staying quiet for so long, and getting utterly sick of it. But the Sun Hi Baekhyun first remembered wasn't the same as the Sun Hi now. She was fierce, and he liked that a lot.

The line that he gave her when she confessed to him was the worst. He cringed at the way he handled it, no girl who had confessed to him had gotten that bad of a response before. "Get in line sweetheart, you're not the only one."

He hated himself. Not only that but the fact that he started falling in love with her was making things even harder for him. He wanted to say sorry, but right now he didn't know how. He ignored those feelings like he always did.

Baekhyun was going to be the one to suggest bowling on that Friday. They would plan to go Saturday. They thought it would be perfect. Would be.

"Hey, we should go bowling tomorrow. The four of us!" Baekhyun brought up at lunch. 

Emi was already back in school for two days, so it was safe enough to go out and do fun things with her included. She made a face, "I at bowling." 

Sun Hi giggled at Emi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter