Fairies (BomSoo)

Tales of 2nexo

Prompt: Kyungsoo hears something coming from the woods and decides to explore.

 

The first time Kyungsoo hears the voice is when he is out visiting his friends in the countryside. He's only 8 years old; a time when the imagination begins to flourish. Kyungsoo had always been one for fairytales. His dreams were filled with knights, dragons, mermaids and fairies. So when he heard this mysterious voice, he immediately tried to locate it. Ditching his friends, he begins to walk towards the woods; the trees thick and tall and the smell of moss pungent. Kyungsoo continued to walk and eventually comes across a small path. 

 

The path was set with stones and lined with a flurry of colored flowers. Fireflies buzzed about and there was a strange, yet mysterious feeling to the air. He shrugs it off and continues to make his way down the path. As he walked, the voice got louder and louder and, after a few more steps, he comes to stand in a small clearing. Brown eyes go wide as he takes in the scene in front of him. 

 

Sitting on a rock is a small girl, who looks about his age, maybe even younger. Her pale skin shines in the moonlight and her long lashes brush against her cheeks. Fiery red hair cascades down her shoulders and ends on her lower back. Small purple and white flowers thread through her locks, but what really catches his attention is the wings that sprout from the girl’s back. 

 

Kyungsoo gasps in shock and the girl stopped singing. She opens her eyes and Kyungsoo feels himself becoming lost within them. He had never seen anything like them. From the fairytales his mother told him, fairy’s eyes were black, filled with mischief, but not this girl. This girl has one green eye, an emerald tone, and one blue eye, a sky blue tone. And instead of mischief, he sees fear. It takes him a moment to register that the fear within the other is caused by him. He takes a step closer to her and frows when the girl slides off the rock and crouches behind it. His 8 year old mind can't understand exactly  why she was scared. 

 

He stands there for a few moments, in complete silence, before he decides to speak. When he does, his voice was soft, like he's was talking to a hurt animal. “It’s alright. I won’t hurt you.” He watches the girl as she slowly rises from her spot and she stands there, unwilling to move any farther. Their gazes meet and Kyungsoo feels his heart clench. (For a moment he thinks he’s having a heart attack.) The two continue to stare at one another and, after a moment, Kyungsoo takes another step forward. This time the fairy stays in her spot. 

 

With renewed courage, Kyungsoo takes four more steps forward. He’s close to the fairy now; within arm’s length. When he’s this close he can see the faint sparkle on the other’s skin. It’s as if she had crushed diamonds sprinkled on her. He hesitates a moment before taking another couple of steps. He looks at the fairy with cautious eyes. He doesn’t want to scare her. The fairy stares back, her eyes boring into his, before closing the distance between them. Kyungsoo’s breath catches in his throat and his heart begins to beats at an erratic pace, but he tries his best to remain calm. When she’s this close, he can even smell her faint scent. She smells like lavender, sunshine and a hint of vanilla. It’s intoxicating and he has the urge to bury his nose in her hair. 

 

The two stand there for a minute before the fairy reaches out to him. Her hand brushes against his cheek, just a feather light touch, and it makes him shiver. She steps even closer to him and their noses are almost touching. His eyes go wide, but he makes no move to pull away. The fairy continues inspecting him; like he’s something she’s never seen before. Her hands come to cup his cheeks and she gives them light pinch. Kyungsoo wants to protest, but he figures it’s better to leave her be. She look so fascinated and he doesn’t want to ruin it for her. 

 

Her fingers trace over his lips, his eyelashes, his jaw and down his throat. He hopes that she can’t feel his pounding pulse. Even if she does, she pays no attention to it. The next thing she does takes him by surprise. Her arms wrap around him and, for a moment, he thinks she’s about to hug him. But then he feels her hands on his back as she presses her fingers into his shoulder blades. She pulls back, a confused look on her face, and points to her wings. Getting the notion, Kyungsoo shakes his head. “I don’t have any.” The red head furrows her brows. 

 

He expects her to give up on the thought, but she doesn’t. Kyungsoo sees tears starting to form in her eyes and once they start to fall, he panics. For a moment, he just stands there, but his 8 year old self hates seeing people hurt. So he reaches out and hugs her. They stand there, the fairy enveloped within his arms. He can hear her sniffling and he pulls back to glance at her face. She’s no longer crying and he feels relief wash through him. Not knowing what to say, he drops his hands back to his side. The fairy gives him a small smile. 

 

Kyungsoo’s about to say something to her, but suddenly a voice cuts through the night. He recognizes it as one of his friends and he’s about to answer, but he sees the fairy standing in front of her. Her eyes are wide and she looks scared. His small hand reaches out to grab her’s and he gives it a comforting squeeze. Her doe eyes look into his and he hears his friend call out for him again. He knows he has to answer, but he really doesn’t want to. The fairy gives him a sad smile, as if she understands that he has to leave, and, for the second time that night, Kyungsoo feels his heart clench. 

 

The fairy slowly pulls her hand away and she takes a couple of steps back. His friend’s voice rings out for a third time and this time he yells back. With sad eyes, he watches the fairy retreat farther and he realizes that he doesn’t even know her name. He rushes forward and a surprised look comes over the fairy’s face.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

The girl smiles. 

 

“Bom.”

 

Kyungsoo grins and he takes note that her voice has a certain chime to it -- just like the fairytales say.

 

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

The fairy repeats his name, engraining it into her memory. A voice calls out into the night and Kyungsoo knows he has to leave now. He walks backwards and the fairy retreats towards the woods. She’s almost fully in the woods when he calls out to her again. Halting mid-step, she glances back up at him. He hesitates for a moment, takes a deep breath and says, “I’ll be back. I don’t know when, but I promise I’ll be back for you.” Upon hearing his words, Bom smiles and nods. “I’ll be waiting.” And with that she fades into the woods, a trail of fireflies following behind her.

 

Kyungsoo watches until he can no longer see any light and he turns to jog down the path he came from. 

 

He pops out of the woods in time to see his friend, Jongin, walking ahead. He calls out for him and the other turns to him. “Where were you?! You know the game ended a long time ago, right?” Kyungsoo grins and shrugs. “I was exploring.”

 

With an exasperated sigh, Jongin slings his arm around his shoulder. “Well next time, tell us. I could’ve showed you some cool things.” Kyungsoo laughs and nods. He wonders if Jongin knew about the fairy in the woods, and he’s tempted to ask, but thinks better of it. He wants it to remain his little secret. 

 

That night Kyungsoo dreams about fields filled with flowers, trees that reach the heavens and a lake with water so clear that you can see the bottom. But the most interesting part of his dream is the girl with the red hair and a voice like melted honey.

 


breathes omg okay, so that was the first one and i really, really, really hope you guys liked it;;;;;  i don't have a set schedule for when these will be released. i'm kinda just winging it as inspiration comes along. if you guys have any prompts or want to see a certain pairing, please let me know and i'll see what i can do ;;u;; (so far, i have sehunzy [sehunxminzy] on my list)

comments are always appreciated and ya, i really hope you guys liked it;;;