Because it’s you

Because it’s you

ChanYeol couldn’t hide his excitement. Of course he thought it was weird, but it happened. He was holding Kris’s hand when the doctor finally faced them with his test result in her hands. He’d felt nauseous and fatigued lately, so Kris had taken him to the hospital.

“Congratulations. You’re pregnant, ChanYeol.” The doctor smiled, looking at the papers in her hand.

“Eh?” ChanYeol blinked. He thought he misheard it and looked at Kris. “What did she say?”

“You’re pregnant,” she repeated.

 “You’re kidding.” He looked down, confused expression on his face. “It’s a lie, right?”

“ChanYeol?” Kris brushed his hair behind his ear, trying to figure out what was wrong. They had discussed about having a baby together for a long time and ChanYeol’s reaction was worrying him.

The doctor put down the paper and faced the troubled couple with a serious expression. “A pregnant man is a very rare case, but it isn’t uncommon. But most of the reactions I have received have been the same as the one ChanYeol gave just now. I know this is probably going to be hard for you. But you still have options. Keep the baby or we can remo-”

“Woah! Hold on a second, doc’! I’m not saying I don’t want this baby. Heck, this is the best news EVER! I was just can’t find the right reaction. I’m so happy!!!! Kris, what do you think I should do? Ohmygod, I’m so happy! We’re gonna be parents! I’m gonna be a dad and you’re a papa!” he grinned, cannot hide his excitement any longer. “We’re gonna have our own little KrisYeol!”

That excitement, however, came with a little sacrifice that he had to overcome. Every morning (sometimes in the middle of the night), he had to run to the bathroom, then leaning against the sink or sometimes sat down on the cool tile against the cold toilet, he’d vomit.

“ChanYeol, are you okay?” Kris often asked the same question while his hand ran up and down, rubbing his back gently. It was always comforting.

ChanYeol shrugged. “I don’t know how long I’m going to stand this. I’m so tired and my body is in pain.” He leaned on the wall, hugging his knees. His back hurt from bending too much while vomiting. It was uncomfortable to lean by the toilet every morning and night. His s were swollen and sore. He lost count on how many sleepless nights he faced thanks to the sickness and the pain on his s when he lied down or slept on his stomach. Smiling and gently kissing away the tears from his eyes, Kris stayed by his side.

And always, really always, Kris took him gently by his warm hand, to the bathtub, where he rinsed him with warm water running down his cold body. And then he’d dry him off before leading him to the bed and tucking him to sleep, just to make him feel better. And it did. He loved Kris’s hand running down every single place on his body. He loved how warm his body temperature was against him. He loved when their skin brushed each other. It tingled and awakened all of his senses. That love alone, eased him. He loved being spoiled by Kris.

A few months passed and the sickness finally stopped. ChanYeol stared at his reflection in the mirror. He posed like a pregnant model in front of it, his baby bump clearly shown behind his maternity shirt. He smiled.

“22 weeks and counting. I can’t wait to meet and hold you,” he whispered while rubbing his belly.

He’s been counting the days since the first day he was confirmed pregnant. He was happy and content with his life right now. Marrying the man he loves and carrying his baby was beyond what he wishing for. He took a glance at Kris, who was still on the bed. That guy had become such a happy guy. The happiness can be seen through his eyes. Every time he laid his eyes on him, ChanYeol could feel his blissfulness.

He rubbed his round belly. His normal clothes already given up on him, none of them fit him anymore. He no longer had jeans, and each shirt he wore made him look like he had just eaten a five course meal. All his clothes were now baggy and big.

For Kris, everything was beyond perfection. ChanYeol, however, didn’t share the feeling. There was something that made him upset and really ruined his happiness. It’s not that he regretted his decision on having a child with Kris, but recently, as the time passed and his tummy got bigger, his number one concern was the addition to his ‘perfect’ weight before pregnancy. He was aware of the sudden huge increase in his appetite, but he never thought it would be so much. He’s been stepping on the scale. Every. Single. Day. Sometimes more than once. It had become his daily ritual. He was obsessed with the scale!!

7 kg additional ‘unnecessary’ weight started during his third months of pregnancy. Just what the is that, he thought. That 7 ing kg additional weight on the scale really upset him. He was scared and frustrated as the doctor said it will keep increasing throughout his pregnancy. 8-20kg would be added to his weight during his pregnancy for a single child. It’s a normal phase, she said. Normal my . Of course it wasn’t normal. He’d become a glutton! He felt fat.

He’d been crying and having a bad temper since he discovered all those changes to his body. It was all drama around every corner and he had no idea what to do. Kris doesn’t help much with his insensitivity. His friends keep commenting on his body weight every time they went out together.

“You look different.”

“How much weight did you gained now?”

“Oh, ChanYeol, you look so round.”

All those comments were normal, but he disliked them. Kris thought the mood swings were caused by the hormonal changes, but last week he lost his temper while having dinner. ChanYeol remembered it, clearly.

“There’s something different about you.” Kris suddenly said when ChanYeol had just started his second helping of food.

“What?”

“I’m not really sure. You look different. It’s different.” He paused, thinking. “I think, it's your cheeks. They’re stuffed...” he paused, “ like a cute little puppy.” And ended it with a cute comparison.

“…”

ChanYeol put down the spoon and stood up. He’d lost his appetite.

“Are you done?” Kris asked, with that innocent look on his face.

ChanYeol averted his eyes, but his shoulders were trembling. Soon, a dam inside him burst and tears began flowing down his cheeks. He cried like a little kid who had just lost his favourite candy. “Idiot… Kris, you’re an idiot…” he ran to their room and locked the door.

“ChanYeol, open this door, please.”

“No! I don’t want to see your face!” He yelled. He was feeling so angry with Kris for his insensitivity. He cried himself to sleep, ignoring Kris, who kept knocking on the door. The next morning when he opened the door, he found Kris asleep on the floor. When he woke up, he hugged Chanyeol and keep apologizing even thought he didn’t know the reason why he was so angry the night before. He looked at his beloved face and realized that he know nothing and that comment probably the most innocent comment ever, but it stabbed him so much in the heart, it makes his chest throbs. However, since that day, Kris avoided himself from giving unnecessary comment, especially on his body changes. But he was sure, Kris will change as the time passed.

“It is too early to have a long face like this, baby.” Having slowly sneaked behind his pregnant husband, Kris wrapped his arms around him.

Pouting, ChanYeol rested his head against Kris’s chest. “Good morning.”

Kris caresses his bump and kisses the nape of his neck. “Morning. You smell nice.” He sniffed his hair. “And you look very gorgeous.” His hand rubbed gently on ChanYeol’s bump.

He smiled upon the compliment. His eyes fell upon the reflection in the mirror; he loved the image he saw. However, the anxiety grew in his heart. Would Kris still find him attractive if he keeps gaining weight? His tummy will get bigger and he will gain more weight, for sure. “I’m going to make breakfast. Why don’t you take a bath?” He stood up and slipped away from Kris. His tone changed.

“ChanYeol? Why are you so moody all so sudden?”

“I’m not!”

“You are.”

“No, I am not! Now, stop bothering me and let me prepare the breakfast.” He emerged from their room to head to the kitchen, leaving Kris behind, speechless. He scratched his temple, feeling a little bit hurt by the moody ChanYeol.

“What did I do this time?”

--

Kris couldn’t find any reason why ChanYeol was always so moody and hot-tempered. He thought it was temporary because of the hormones, but lately moody ChanYeol is scary. He can’t think of any reason what could have led to the changes. He sighed.

“Are you alright?” Lu Han asked. “You have been sighing since the moment you arrived.” It was very rare to see his friend look so down and troubled. “Did something happen between you and ChanYeol?”

Chen chuckled, “I think he’s just ually frustrated. ChanYeol is pregnant and he probably feels unsatisfi- Ouch!” Before he could finish his sentence, a small pillow landed exactly on his face. “what was that for, Lu-ge?!”

“For your insensitive comment.” He answered calmly.

“I’m just telling you the truth. Kris hyung is like a dog in heat, all the time! He must be considerate of ChanYeol’s condition and has to slow down his little ‘gege’ down there.” Chen pointed his finger straight to Kris’s crotch. “That’s the only reason why he keeps sighing.”

“I swear I’m going to shove your into your mouth if you keep talking like that.” Lu Han smiled. Chen quickly closed his mouth.

“I don’t really know what’s going on but Yeol makes me feel scared. I think he doesn’t love me anymore.” Kris started talking.

Both Lu Han and Chen focused on him.

“What do you mean?”

“He was moody all the time and I really don’t know what I’ve done. I give him everything. Put all my attention 100% on him and the baby and I thought he was happy. One moment he was fine and the next moment, he was moody and angry. I really don’t know what to do. Does he dislike me now?”

“No way. Isn’t it normal for a pregnant guy to be like that?” Chen chipped in.

Kris shook his head. “Well, I can understand if he acted that way because of hormones, but I don’t think kicking me out from the room in the middle of the night is normal. He also cries all the time and has even skipped his meals.”

“Skipped his meals?” Lu Han looks disturbed. “Maybe it's got something to do with his current look? You know how he treasures his body, right? I heard lots of women have problems with weight gain during pregnancy. My cousin’s sister also has the same problem.”

Kris stopped and start to think. All the little pieces to the mystery of moody Yeol comes together. He needs to talk to ChanYeol and he knows it's not going to be easy.

--

“I don’t want to talk! I don’t want to eat!” ChanYeol crossed his arms. He pushed the plate away. Kris suddenly wanted to have a word with him and tried to force him to eat. He’d sworn that he would control his appetite and go on a diet.

Kris sighed. He need to tell ChanYeol the truth. “Yeollie, calm down. You’ve been acting like a brat for a while now. I need to talk to you.”

“I am a brat and you can’t say anything about it!”

Stubborn brat. Kris shook his head. “Don’t act like a spoiled kid and eat. You do realize you’re pregnant, right?”

“I’m not going to eat. I’ll just have the vitamin pills and…”

“Don’t you love our baby? Just have a bite.” He tried to feed him, but ChanYeol eventually shook his head.

Seeing how stubborn ChanYeol was, Kris stood up and forcibly pulled ChanYeol up and carried him into their bed.

“Let me down!Let me—” ChanYeol struggled a bit, concerned about his baby.

Carefully, Kris put him down on the bed and caressed his hair.

“What are you doi-” He was shut up by kiss. Surprised by the action, ChanYeol pushed him away and start crying. His shoulders trembled and he continued crying.

“Why are you crying, baby?”

“Why are you like this? Why?”

Kris pulled ChanYeol into his chest, but the latter struggled. He was angry. He felt like Kris was pushing himself to accept him.

“Look at me, Kris! I’m fat! I’m ugly!” He cried. “All my clothes no longer fit me.” His hand ran down his jeans, tugging and pulling them. He had just bought it a few weeks ago and now it didn’t fit him anymore.

“What? Isn’t it normal? They will fit you after you give birth.”

“You don’t understand. Look at my ! Look how tight these are. I hate this, Kris. I want to look like I suit you. I want to look handsome in front of you. But I’m gaining weight. I’m not like how I used to be before I got pregnant. All of our friends told me how big I am. I hate it.” He cried. “I feel like I’m not suited for you anymore. I’m scared you will leave me…”

Kris sighed. “You’re perfect, Yeol. I love your look now. What makes you think I only cared for your appearance?” Kris pulled ChanYeol’s hands and wiped his tears.

“But I’m not…pretty anymore. Look at my bump…” He was still sobbing. His running snot makes it difficult to speak. “I’m scared that you will leave me because of this.”

Kris smiled. ChanYeol is so cute, he thought. “You’re cute.”

“I’m not.”

“Hey, when I say you’re cute, it means that you are cute. Besides, it wasn’t your fault that you gained weight. I’m at fault too. I pampered you too much since the beginning. Come to think of it, I gave you everything you want to eat.” He chuckled, speaking in a soothing voice.

ChanYeol’s pouts, “Still…”

“I love pampering you, Yeol. I don’t know why you feel like this. Seriously, you’re hot with this body. I had to control myself from ‘eating’ you every day.” Kris confessed, shamelessly.

ChanYeol feel his cheeks become hot and he hides his face. Kris gazed at him and lifted the hand from ChanYeol’s face. The latter’s cheeks turned red.

Slowly he bends down and planted a kiss on ChanYeol’s forehead.

“Liar…”

“Do you know why I love you,Yeol?”

“Because I’m handsome…?”

He planted another kiss on his eyes. “No, silly. Guess again…” he whispered.

“Because I look prettier than other guys?”

Another kiss, this time on his nose.

“No. Because it’s you. I love you not because of your weight or your appearance. I don’t give a damn about it. No matter how you look, as long it is you, it doesn’t matter.” He kissed his lips so gently. “Why should you worry about gaining weight? It is normal. You’re carrying my baby, that’s what matters.” He kissed those soft and wet lips again. “I don’t like seeing that you have become moody and angry all the time. It made me feel unloved.” He buried his face in ChanYeol’s chest.

“Sorry.” ChanYeol apologized. He just realized how stupid he had acted before. He thought for sure that Kris would find him unattractive and caused him to have a negative thoughts. “Now that I’m fine, I think I’m…” ChanYeol wrapped his arms around Kris’s neck. Kris anticipated for what was coming and shut his eyes. ChanYeol smirked and brought his lips close to Kris’s ear and whispered. “I’m hungry.”

“Brat.”

“Yeah, I’m a brat, but you love me.”

Kris pulled him up and both of them turned toward each other at the same time. They both laughed. Kris grabbed Yeol’s shoulders and looked at him lovingly. He kissed him on the lips, “You are surprisingly...childish…” he said.

ChanYeol blushes, just a bit. “I guess I really am childish when I’m with the guy I love. Even though I can get insecure.”

Kris softly traced his wrists with his thumbs and then he wrapped his arms around ChanYeol’s back.

“For acting like a good brat and listening to me well, I shall give you a reward before you eat.”

He brought their lips together again and broke away for just a moment, then kissed him again, again showering him with a gentle kisses. Gradually, he pressed their lips harder and ChanYeol parted his lips a little, giving Kris a chance to slip his tongue into his mouth. The passion of the kiss made ChanYeol become lightheaded and he feels like he could collapse from the kiss. Kris breaks off the kiss, smiling.

“I did too much. Sorry.”

Panting, Chanyeol smiled. “It’s fine. I can live with that. But I really am hungry now. Can you give me food first?”

And both of them laughed, again.


 

 

MASTERLIST