Invitation

I'm in love with a thief

 “Oh Se Hun, what are you doing!”
 

He immediately raised his head upon hearing my voice, his eyes bright with excitement, but with barely any energy to speak, “Sun Hee ah, you came to see me….” He smiled weakly.

“Are you crazy?! Jong In says I’m starving myself and you believe that?! Then why didn’t you believe me when I said I didn’t take her watch?!”

I was just mad at him for blindly believing Jong In’s words and neglecting his health, but his eyes dimmed at the mention of the incident, making him look like an abandoned puppy in his balled up position.

“Aish, that’s not important anymore… You better leave this place now and go get some food.”

“So Sun Hee you’ve forgiven me?”

“I just don’t want you to starve to death at my doorstep.” I said impatiently.

He buried his head into his knees and said softly, “But this is my punishment until Sun Hee forgives me…”

“I forgive you, I forgive you, ok?! Please just get up and eat something now.” I sighed.

I’ve never seen a wider grin on his face, but he remained seated and said, “Thank you, Sun Hee ah…. I’ll get up after seeing Sun Hee go in.”

I stepped across the gate but didn’t head in, and instead rest my ear on it to listen for any movements outside, but it was silent.

I opened the gate again, “What happened? Are you okay?” I asked urgently.

“Ha ha… My legs…. Are numb.” He smiled apologetically.

I felt a pinch in my heart and went forward to help him into my house.
 

After I settled him on the sofa, I headed to the kitchen and started making a pot of porridge.

When I was finally done, I turned around and was shocked to see Se Hun leaning by the kitchen counter, looking at me earnestly.

“You, I didn’t specially make this for you… This is my lunch. But since you’re coincidentally here, you can have a serving too.”

“Thank you, Sun Hee.” His eyes look like crescents when he smiles.
 

“Sun Hee, I don’t want to make excuses, but I really didn’t doubt you at all… I wanted to know what Jong Hyun has to say, I didn’t know you’d be so angry that you’d go missing without a word and even switched your phone off…”

I didn’t though? It merely stopped functioning because of the impact from dropping on the floor. I only realized it when I reached Gangdong and my mom sent it for repair.

“I know you’re angry and upset, but please don’t scare me like that again… ok? I was so worried I couldn’t think straight…. You weren’t at Se Kyung’s house or at Jong In’s, and it was already past 11 and you still weren’t home…. I thought something happened to you….” He choked on his words towards the end.

I raised my head to look at him.

Dark round circles have formed under his eyes, which were slightly red due to the lack of sleep.

My Se Hun…. Spent the whole night looking for me…. Then got chased out of my house and sat in the cold for 2 days without food…. While I’ve been living care freely, getting ample food and sleep at home.

“You can sleep in my room later….” I said with guilt.

He looked at me with round, Bambi eyes, “Sun Hee ah…. I love you a lot, but we are too young to sleep in the same bed….”

“What are you talking about?” My mouth twitched. “I mean you can shower and change into a fresh set of clothes; there are a few in my cupboard that belong to Jong In, I think you can fit in them… And you can get some sleep on my bed for the time being.”

“Ok! You cannot regret your words now, I am sleeping on your bed for sure.” He smiled cheekily.
 

After a few sips of porridge, he suddenly raised his head again, “Why are there Jong In’s clothes in your cupboard?”

“He sleeps over at my house all the time, so after a while he just left a few sets of clothes here for convenience sake.” I explained.

“Why must he sleep here when his house is just nearby?”

“His parents go on business trips from time to time, and he is like a son to my mom, so she always make him stay here when they are away.”

“Why must his parents go for so many business trips….” He sighed while I laughed at his begrudging tone.