FINAL

DEAR DIARY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 8,2014

 

Dear diary, 

    Today,I arrived at school 30 minutes late. The bus I rode on was running like a snail so I got off and rode another bus but there was a traffic jam ahead so either way,it was bad luck. I entered the school but saw the P.E teacher making the late students kneel with their hands in the air, I quickly turned around and walked out of the school gate. I went to an alleyway next to the school and looked around. The coast was clear. I jumped really high and hold onto the wall, slowly lifting myself up. When I saw that no one was there,I threw my bag on the ground and jumped over the wall. I pretended that nothing happened and picked up my bag, walking to my classroom. I saw Ms.Ahn on the hallway so I hid behind the locker, but just like things weren't getting any worse. My phone rang, I panicked and shoved my hand on my pocket,turning off my phone. I heard her footsteps stop and her heels turn, so I took a deep breath and ran for my life. I ran pass her while covering my face and sprinted to the stairs,going to the second floor. When I was sure that she wasn't following me, I sighed and clenched my shoulder strap, skipping to my classroom. But when I was about to enter the room, someone else was going out and made me fall on my . I yelped in pain and glared at the floor,me tally cursing at whoever made me fall. I was going to yell at the person in front of me but when I realized who it was, my glare became an eye smile. It was Lee Jaehwan. The top student, the flowerboy, my crush. He helped me stand up and I swear my heart always jumped out of my chest. He apologized to me and walked to wherever he's going to. It was the first time I ever had eye contact with him and the first time we talked so.. The sad thing is, he didn't come back the whole day,it seemed like he was ordered to run an errand, again, that librarian must like him. And also, if Mr.Cupid is reading this,if you're just going to shoot an arrow to one person,then don't shoot at all, at least shoot an arrow to Jaehwan too, I hate having a one-sided crush.

 

February 9,2014

 

Dear diary,

     Have you ever walked out of your room and the first thing that happened to you was you slammed the door shut and your finger got squeezed between the door and the door frame? Cause I did. And like it was destiny, while I was yelling and stomping my feet because of pain, I hit my knee on the wooden shelf beside me. Ouch. And to finish it off, I slipped because I kicked the shelf and the papers on top of it scattered on the floor, trust me, the paper was slippery. But I decided to get over that horrible moment and prepare for school. Guess what happened when I arrived in school? I arrived early, which was a good thing and my dear friend,Yena, greeted me. We walked to our class and sat on our seats, Yena became hungry so we decided to got get something on the cafeteria. But when I stood up, a ball from i-don't-know-where hit the back of my head real hard. I just ignored it and looked at Jaehwan who was just reading a book in his seat. Then Yena whispered, "Saerin-ah, normally you faint or cry when you get hit," and so I pretended to faint even though I didn't mind getting hit at all. My classmates gathered around me and started to panic, I opened my eyes halfway and still pretended to faint,I wanted to see what's Jaehwan's reaction is. And to my surprise, he just looked at me like it was a normal thing for me faint and when a student from the next class came in and told him that the librarian wants to see him, he got up and sprinted out. I actually felt sad about that,that he didn't even say a word about me fainting, with no more reason to pretend,I got up and acted like nothing happened. "I'm fine,I was just sleepy so," I sheepishly smiled at my classmates and went to the cafeteria with Yena. And as always, Jaehwan was running errands the whole day. I wonder if he's even worrying about me..

 

February 9,2014

 

Dear Diary, 

        This day might be my lucky day. Jaehwan wasn't running errands today and for the second time,he talked to me. What he said? "Excuse me but can you please be quiet?" it doesn't sound so good but oh well, at least he talked to me right? Right? Now that I notice it, he didn't look that great these days, it was like he's super tired. I bet it was because of the librarian. So when the class ended, I went straight to the library and stood in front of the librarian. I volunteered to do anything she wants me to do, as long as she lets him go. She agreed right away and said that she only ordered Jaehwan around because he was the only one willing to spend the whole day in the library and that I was actually the one who she wanted to do the job in the first place but since Jaehwan insisted,she just agreed. I had to do a lot of things, make her coffee, arrange the chairs,arrange the books,the shelves, clean the desks, and stay until 5PM to close the library,pretty much I did everything she was paid to do. But since it was for Jaehwan, everything is okay.

 

February 10,2014

 

Dear Diary,

      I'm officially starting to forget Jaehwan. When I was at the library doing some errands,he suddenly popped up and scolded me for taking his place. I couldn't understand him, did he like skipping class so much? Or did he like doing errands? I don't know. He said that I should mind my own business and leave. I was terribly hurt by that that I broke down in tears in front of him. I ran away from the library after that and collided with someone,causing the both of us to fall. I apologized and stood up, the guy I ran i to just smiled and said that he was a new student. His name was Kim Seokjin, a very handsome guy. Since I had nothing else to do and I don't want to face Jaehwan yet,I gave Seokjin a tour around the school.Seokjin was polite and very friendly, when we went to the cafeteria to take a break, he asked me if I could be his friend and I agreed. He called me his eating-friend, and he paid for my food at the cafeteria. I found out that Seokjin was actually interested in cooking and also great in acting, but the thing that surprised me was, he was a great singer. We walked around the 3rd floor and he saw a 11th grader playing guitar so he requested a song and sang it. He was looking at me the whole time that it caused me goosebumps,it was like he was serenading me. After that, we exchanged phone numbers and he walked me home. I guess I just found a new bestfriend.

 

February 11,2014

 

Dear Diary,

     Little by little, I forgot about Jaehwan because of Seokjin. Last night, he called me up and we talked about random stuffs like we knew each other for a long time. And I was surprised that I didn't even think about Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter