Monkey

You

Seunghyun stared out the window, the sun began to illuminate almost the entire side of his bedroom, he stood stretching to loosen his muscles. His head still felt heavy, he drank too much last night at the bar along with Daesung. There were an Advil bottle and a glass of cold water on the bedside table. He smirked, knew right, who did prepare them for him. then he took 2 tablets of advil.
 

Seunghyun stepped down the stairs and went into the kitchen, he stood in the doorway smiling at a beautiful girl in front of him who was preparing breakfast for him.
 

"Morning Cinderella"
 

Lee Hi turned at him, smirked slightly and then stepped toward the dinning table and put the two pieces of toast on a plate for Seunghyun and herself. "Stop calling me like that"
 

Seunghyun laughed, he stepped over and sat down on a chair. Lee Hi took a sit too, she took a newspaper and then gave it to Seunghyun.

"You used to love it, when I called you like that" Seunghyun said, sipping his coffee.
Hi pouted, and began to eating her toast.

 

"I’m 17 years old now, Appa..." The Girl protested.
 

"But you’re still my little princess"
 

And I'm so proud of you ...
 

Seunghyun smiled, he never thought the time passed so quickly and Lee Hi grew up into a beautiful girl and she would enter college soon. Seunghyun felt it was like yesterday when she was born, Lee Hi had filled his life with tears and laughter. Lee Hi is Seunghyun’s treasures, the source of his strength to survive especially after what they had together.
 

You're everything to me ..., your mother is smiling seeing you now sweetheart...
 

"At least do not ever call me like that in front of my friends" Lee Hi drank her milk and then stood up. "I go first"
 

Seunghyun stared sharply at her daughter, something disturbing his vision. "You’re wearing that skirt to school?"
 

Lee Hi nodded felt there was nothing wrong with her appearance.
 

"It’s too short young lady! Go change now!"
 

"But Appa! This is cool!" Lee Hi protested again. Seunghyun shook his head, insisted with his command.
 

"Appa!" Lee Hi cried.
 

Suddenly the sound of a car horn stopped their debate.
 

"I have to go now" Lee Hi took her bag.
 

Seunghyun stood up and folded his arms across his chest. "No, before you change that mini thing!"
mini skirt muttered, clearly annoyed but in the end she obeyed her father command.


Seunghyun opened the front door of his house, standing with a mug of coffee in his grip. A boy came out of his luxury sport car, he smiled at Seunghyun but instead of smile back at the boy he put his straight face for his respond.

 

"Good morning Mr. Choi" the boy bowed to Seunghyun.
 

"A nice car, Seungri ..."
 

Seungri turned round saw his blue Porsche which parked right in front of Seunghyun’s house. He scratched his head and grinned, meeting with Seunghyun always made him dazed.
 

"Thank you" he said.
 

"I hope you have license to ride it. I don’t want something bad happen to my daughter" Seunghyun said sarcastically.
 

"Of course Sir! I'll keep her with all my heart!" Seungri shouted, his loud voice sounded so obvious that he wanted to convince Seunghyun.
 

But how much Seungri tried to impress him, it never worked, Seunghyun still wasn’t sure that Seungri was a good choice, the right prince for his liltte princess, plus he felt, his daughter too young to have a boyfriend.
 

Seunghyun took a sip of his coffee again and then looked at Seungri sharply. "Yeah, I'll cut off your head if you dare hurt her"
 

Seungri swallowed hard, trying hard to stay calm even Seunghyun’s attacks were getting acrid day by day.
 

"We have to go now" Lee Hi appeared, saved her boyfriend. Seungri nodded slowly.
 

"Be careful okay?" Seunghyun said kissing her daughter's forehead.
 

"Bye Appa"


----------------



Usually before Seunghyun went to the restaurant he went to the market first to order some ingredients that he needed. It had been 4 years, he was running the business and so far everything was going well. He could save money for Lee Hi’s school until she could go to collage and their costs of living. His business grew rapidly and many people knew his restaurant.
 

Actually Seunghyun wasn’t a professional chef, he just always felt fortunate that Mr. Russo taught him Italian cuisines and not only that, Mr. Russo and his wife leaned him money so he can start this business.
 

All began when Seunghyun save Mr Russo’s wife, Hyorin from thief and since then that old couple helped him, but then 2 years ago Mr Russo passed away and then Mrs. Russo deciced to live in her husband's hometown in Florence.
After he was sure all his needs were complete Seunghyun drove his car to his restaurant and he almost late but the red light stopped him about two blocks before the restaurant.

 

Seunghyun glanced at his watch for a while and then looked up at a large billboard not far from the traffict light. A cosmetic Ad.
 

You're so pretty ... you know that? Strange, huh?
 

It had been a week since that giant board disturbed his eyes, he had a new activity. Enjoying the billboard Ad in the morning.
 

You're so ing crazy Seunghyun! He's a man!
 

Seunghyun shook his head, tried to repel stupid thoughts inside his head. The Ad really bothered him, the male’s model face was smiling sweetly when touching his cheeks and it really made him stunned.
 

A man is shouldn’t be that pretty right? but you are..., how..?? why??
 

The sound of car horns interrupted his reverie, woke him up. He looked at the billboard once again and then turned the steering wheel of his car towards his restaurant.

 

----------------------

 

 

Papa Hi was not an expensive and fancy place, maybe more like a family restaurant. Their main menu were spaghetti and pizza, most people gave their two thumbs up for that.
 

"I'm sorry about last night Hyung .." Daesung said standing next to Seunghyun.
 

"Are you feeling better now?" Asked Seunghyun.
 

Daesung drew a long breath, his assistant and also bestfriend looked sluggish.
 

"Minzy, I’m finish now Hyung! She wants to break up" Daesung said scratching his head, exasperated.
"She said that?" Seunghyun frowned.

 

"Not really. But she kicked me out from her apartment..." Daesung sighed again and started to mix the pizza dough.
 

Seunghyun patted Daesung’s shoulder, tried to calm him "Don’t worry, she just needs a space"
 

"Does the woman always this hard?" Daesung asked slamming that dough into the counter.
 

Seunghyun laughed while cut mushrooms. "If it’s about your ex, of course they will be angry"
 

"is Yuri noona like that too?" Daesung grinned.
 

"I dont’t know. I never asked that" Seunghyun walked to the fridge took out sausages.
 

" She is a nice woman, Hyung ..."
 

Seunghyun bit his lips, it wasn’t that he didn’t agree with what Daesung said but there was something blocking him to go further. Hesitancy.
 

"We're just friends. Just it "
 

---------



Seunghyun went home early, Lee Hi was going to stop by at Suhyun’s house, her best friend. Seunghyun actually might be a little suspicious because Seungri would join them but he knew that he couldnt not allow her, that girl was too stubborn and Seunghyun always lose against her.
 

After finished his work he went to the bookstore to pick up the books that he ordered before, he stopped for a while at the park right in front of the bookstore, watching the kids played on the grass running around. In the past he and Lee Hi often did that, when Lee Hi  was little she loved this place a lot, they played hide and seek and then Lee Hi would lay on Seunghyun’s lap and asked his father to read a fairytale story.

Appa miss my little princess...


Yes, he missed those days but that didn’t mean he was unhappy now. Lee Hi is his happiness, perhaps the only one.
 

Seunghyun glanced at his watch for a moment and then got up from a bench and carrying two big book about architect. Only about 10 steps he walked, he heard something disturb his ears.
 

"Ahjushi! Hey! Ahjushi!"
 

Seunghyun turned to the right and left looking for the voice.
 

"Up here!"
 

Seunghyun looked up, right in front of him standing a huge banyan tree and a boy squatted on branch above him, he looked confused. He was wearing a brown jacket, short jeans that showing off his white thighs and calves.
 

Seunghyun gaped, the confusion seemed like infect him too.
 

You....
 

"Hey ..." he waved his hand, grinning. "Could you plase help me Ahjushi?"
 

Ahjushi? Am I that old?!
 

"What are you doing up there?" Seunghyun frowned.
 

"Long story" he scratched his head. "Help me down, please ..."
 

How can you climb there but can’t go down you little monkey?
 

Seunghyun shook his head as he stared at that little monkey who responded by serving the sweetest smile that he had ever seen. There was something strange in his heart, it felt like popping not only once but several times.
 

Seunghyun put his books on the ground and then cleared his throat, he stretched out his arms.
 

"Come..., I'll catch you..."
 

The little monkey didn’t answer he just stunned, his cheeks flushed. He looked awkward.
 

"Jump on me!" Seunghyun yelled, he didn’t think it could be a ridiculous idea crossed on his mind.
 

" Hmm..., okay ..." he started to move, his hand still holding a twig very tight. " get ready...."
 

What are you doing Seunghyun? !
 

" On three okay? " Seunghyun said smiling.
 

They looked at each other again, the boy closed his eyes slowly and finally let go of his hand from the twig.
 

One...,

 

two....,

 

three ....
 

The little monkey managed to land on Seunghyun’s arms, though Seunghyun had ce to keep his balance so they won’t fall. It was so wierd, Seunghyun didn’t feel heavy, despite that little monkey who on his arms wasn’t as small as a real one.
 

It seemed like the time has stopped for Seunghyun, their skins touched each other and he could feel the warmth in there. The boy’s pink lips were very fascinating and his soft cheeks made Seunghyun almost powerless, he wanted to touch it so bad.
 

You're really beautiful ...
 

"Thank you" the boy smiled bitting his lips again.
 

Seunghyun could feel the boy’s arm arounding his shoulders, whether intentionally or he wasn’t aware of his actions but Seunghyun wanted to stay like this, forever.
 

"I got you didn’t I?" Said Seunghyun couldn’t blink his eyes, he didn’t want to.
 

God is nice to me huh? You’re here now ...
 

"Yeah ..., I guess so..." the boy looked down, hiding his face. "You can put me down now"
 

Ooh! Damn!
 

"Aah..., of course!" Seunghyun said putting down his princess.

(his cutie lilttle monkey)
 

They stood face to face, looking at each other again. They felt awkward, didn’t know what to say. Seunghyun put his hand into his pants pocket trying to calm down his own while the boy kept squeezing his fingers.
 

"Once again thank you," the boy bowed.
 

"It’s okay" Seunghyun said friendly, he glanced at the tattoos that adorn the boy’s thighs and fingers. "You'd better stay away from the tree"
 

They laughed together, but it still felt the awkwardness between them.
 

"!" the boy exclaimed suddenly that made Seunghyun surprised, then he glanced at his watch.
 

" What--" Seunghyun wanted to say something but the boy cut him first.
 

"Sorry I have to go" He covered his head with his hoodie and wore his sunglasses which he took from his jacket pocket. "Once again thank you"
 

Seunghyun frowned, trying to hold him. "But--"
 

The boy looked in a hurry and didn’t care about him and starting to leave him behind. Running away from him.
 

"Bye Ahjushi!"
 

He waved from a distance and then disappeared in the crowd of people, leaving Seunghyun quizzically.
 

"Can you tell your name, monkey?"

 

 

** is it good enough? =_____=