Accepted

You're such an

            -3 months ago-

“I can’t believe I even signed up to audition. Ugh, I’m so damn scared, babe hold me.” I held onto my best friend Sojung’s arm. I was freaking out. How can I even think that I’d get into YG? I’ll just end up disappointing myself. I grabbed onto my hair and started thinking about how I could mess up my one chance to get into my dream company.

“Damn hun, calm yourself. You’re grabbing on too hard my arm’s about to fall off.” Sojung yanked her arm away. “You’ll do fine, just don’t worry about it too much.”

“Next is Number 527.” 

“Oh my god that’s me. Oh what do I do, oh my god.” My eyes widened. I stood up while shaking and headed to the door.

“Good luck babe!” Sojung cheered. I cleared my throat and fixed my posture and opened the door with confidence.

            “안영하세요! My name is Park Ara.” I smiled widely and bowed. I’m usually really cold towards strangers, but only because I’m incredibly shy. But I wanted to leave a good impression towards the judges, obviously. I began to sing lullaby by Lateeyah and put all my focus into my singing. I sang with passion but remembered not to go overboard. I finished the song feeling slightly regretful but went on and started the dance. I was more of a dancer than a singer. My passion’s dancing and it’s my main focus. The loudspeakers blasted out started from the bottom by drake and I let my body do the work.

            “Was that your own choreo?” One of the judges with a black snapback asked.

            “Yes, it was.” I heavily breathed.

            “Alright. Thank you, we’ll give you a call with the results by Monday.”

            “Thank you.” I bowed and jogged out the room.

            Their reactions weren’t so bad so I decided not to think too much about it and think positive.

            “How was it?” Sojung ran up to me.

            “It wasn’t that bad plus I put on a great performance.” I smirked.

            “What happened to ‘I can’t believe I even auditioned’?” She raised her eyebrows.

            “Psh, that was just a ‘little’ stage fright. Now can we go get some taco bell? I’m starving.” I pouted.

             “Ok ok.” Sojung chuckled as I dragged her out the building.

            -On Monday-

            “Why isn’t my phone ringing?” I held my phone, unlocking it every few seconds to see if I had a missed call.

            “They’ll call soon it’s still only 6’o clock.” Sojung said munching on her sandwich.

            “Aish, what if they call and tell me I didn’t make the cut?” I grabbed a fistful of my hair.

            “Clap clap clap your hands 너 찬바람 불어 내게 붙어~“ My phone rang.

            “Hello?” I quickly picked up with trembling hands.

            “Is this Park Ara?”

            “Yes, it is.”

            “Congratulations Mrs. Park, you’ve past your audition. Your plane tickets to Korea will be sent to you in the next week.”

            “Oh my god really? Thank you! Thank you so much!” I hung up. “Oh my god I made it. Sojung I’m going to Korea, I’m a YG trainee!” I jumped up.

            “Yah! Shut up people are staring.” Sojung screamed and went back on munching on her sandwich.

            “You’re not gonna congratulate me?” I crossed my arms.

            “Congratulations Ara! I’ll buy you a cake later so let me focus on my food.”

            I chuckled and beamed in joy.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you guys liked the first chapter! Sorry it wasn't too long, Ara's age and information will be revealed later on in the story. ^^