Red Velvet

Red Velvet

"Done for the day! Phew ~" , says the blonde girl who just finished cleaning up the front tables. After finally setting up a business shop at one of the busiest streets in Hongdae and feeling satisfied, she decided to call it a day. 

 

When she was cleaning and closing the shop, a lady walked in. 

"Hello, is the shop closed yet? I need to get some red velvet for myself. Couldn't come here any earlier". 

"Yup it's closed but I do have some of them left in the ....... in the ......" , she turns around and came eye to eye contact with the lady. 

 

* Woah, she's beautiful. With her long wavy brown hair and sparkling brown orbs. Oh my ~ * she thought to herself. 


"Miss, miss?" the brown haired girl waves in front of her face. 

"Oh yeah right! I still do have some red velvet left in the fridge. Let me get them for you. How many do you need?"

"I need two" 

"Alright" she went to get the cupcakes in the fridge, grinning to herself. 

 

* Oh my gosh ..... what's wrong with me? Snap out of it! She's waiting and I can't make her wait ... *

 

The blonde girl came back out with butterflies in her stomach and gives the cupcakes to the lady.

 

"How much will it be?" the lady took out her wallet from her handbag to pay. 

"Ahh, it's fine since it's already late"

"But -" before the lady could finish her sentence, the blonde girl shakes her head. 

"No buts. It's free and by the way, do feel free to drop by any time you want miss..?"

"Soonkyu, but you can call me Sunny" 

"I'm Hyomin" . They exchanged handshakes and Sunny smiled at Hyomin, making her eyes formed into a smaller shape giving off an eye smile. 

 

*Dugeun dugeun~ gosh Hyomin, pull yourself together! Don't faint!* 

 

With that, Sunny took the cupcakes and with soft, light steps as she heads towards the door. Before she leaves, she turns around and ..

"Ah Hyomin ssi, thanks for the free cupcakes!" , she gave one last smile before she walks out of Hyomin's shop, feeling satisfied with what she wanted. 

 

Everyday after work, Sunny will stop by Hyomin's shop to get her cupcakes and spending time until late night, getting to know each other more. 

Hyomin fell deeply in love with Sunny. From the moment Sunny stepped in the shop, she knew that there was something about Sunny that glows and outstand the other customers. More probably makes a good couple with her. 

 

One fine night, as usual at the cafe ~ 

"Uhm, Sunny"

"Yeah?"

"I'm not free tomorrow night" , Hyomin sighed and walks towards Sunny, carrying their usual desserts and coffee.

"That's okay but why the sigh?" , Sunny tilts her head in curiosity. 

"Because I won't be seeing you?" , she shifts herself closer to Sunny and rests her palms under her chin and pouts. 

 

Sunny chuckled. 

"Hey, it's only one day. It's not like we're not going to see each other again. Silly" , she pokes Hyomin's pout.

"Yah ~ don't say that" , Hyomin sulked. 

 

Sunny gave a soft smile and went in to give a hug and finishes up the food before leaving. 

Hyomin insisted her to go home first as she still have a lot of cleaning to do and she was busy proposing ideas for Sunny's surprise. She stayed up all night busy baking in the kitchen. Making a special cake for Sunny. 

( Secret recipe - sugar, spice, love, sweetness and everything nice )

 

She resumes her business in the morning without sleep and closes the shop earlier than the usual timing. After packing up, she went over to the floral shop to get a bunch of roses. She quickly rushed home and nearly wraps up the roses. It's not just any normal roses. 

( Maybe special, maybe normal for you readers ) 

 

She picks up her phone and send a text message to Sunny~

"Soonkyu yah~ I'll see you tomorrow? :)"

As she patiently waits for Sunny's reply anxiously. Soon enough, her phone vibrated and Sunny replied.

"Yup! See you tomorrow! I miss you by the way! ><"

Hyomin gasped in excitement and both her cheeks turned rosy red.

 

*She missed me! Okay oh my gosh, calm down! What should I reply her ..... think Hyomin think!*

"Aww you missed me? Cause I missed you too! And still am now ^^"

 

Throughout the night, she kept thinking about what Sunny's response is and filled herself with so much mixed feelings.

The next day, Hyomin quickly got up for work. Still worrying how things will turn out at night later, she tried to keep herself calm and steady. As the day passed by, it's already night time and she was patiently waiting for Sunny to come and getting the surprise ready. One by one, the customer left the shop and soon it's only just her alone, all by herself. It's already 9PM and Sunny have yet to come. Since she had some time left, she quickly switched off the lights and lit up the candles. Then she took out her phone to text her.

 

"Hey, where are you Soonkyu yah?"

 

*Ding ding ding~* , the sound of the door chimes rang. "Oh? Why is it so dark? That silly kid left her door unlock. Tsk, pabo~"

 

"SURPRISE!"  , Hyomin switched on the lights and jumps out of the counter. "Didn't you get my message?"

 

Sunny jumped back a little in shock and her eyes widen, clutching her chest due to the sudden jump attack by Hyomin. "Yah, you nearly gave me a heart attack! I just received your message but I'm here now" , she went up to hug Hyomin which caused the blonde to go speechless.

"S-Soonkyu yah" , her heart just beats faster than a bullet train causing butterflies in her stomach, hugging the older girl back but tightly than the usual hugs. "I've got something for you. Take a seat first" . Being such a gentle woman, she lead Sunny to the table she have prepared and made her sit down. "Okay close your eyes" . Sunny agreed to close her eyes and covers her face with both her hands. Hyomin quickly rushed to the kitchen to take out the red velvet cake and place it in front of Sunny. "No peeking!" , she then went to get the roses and sat down opposite the brunette. "Okay, open your eyes now"

Sunny opened her eyes and her jaw drops due to the written words on the cake and the set up Hyomin did. "Wow, g-gosh! You did all these?" , her eyes turned teary looking up at Hyomin.

"Before you say anything else.. I just want to take this chance to ask you. I know this is crazy but the moment you stepped in to my shop, there's something special about you that gave a zing to my heart that drives me insane to be in love with you. Never mind about anything else, but ...." , Hyomin kneels down in front of Sunny , "will you be my girlfriend?"

"Hyomin ... I ... I" , Sunny was too stuck in that moment that she just lifts up Hyomin's chin and place the blonde's face in front of her. Both lips were just few inches away and Sunny could smell the strawberry scent lip balm that Hyomin was wearing. On the other hand, Hyomin's mind was driving her crazy because if she could just punch her lips on Sunny, that will be the best thing ever. "I'll be more than glad to be yours" , she slowly leans in and kisses Hyomin's lips softly.

 

*Is this for real? She's kissing me and this is real! I can feel her soft lips on mine right now*

 

Hyomin pulled back and gave Sunny the roses. Caressing Sunny's face with both her thumbs , "so finally I can say this.. I love you Sunny"

"You silly girl, I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day to both of us" , smiling widely, she holds Hyomin's hands. "Let's eat this together, shall we?"

"Yes yes!" , the blonde pulled a chair and sat beside the brunette and ate the cake happily.

 

"But wait.. I still don't understand. How did you...?"

"Fall in love with you?" , Sunny burst out laughing even before Hyomin could finish her own sentence. "After the first night, when you continuously fed me with lots of your red velvet cupcakes? I know this is weird but I fell in love with the taste just like the owner itself" , she chuckled. "But I can see how much you took notice of my schedule and being concern about me. Just like normal friends or maybe best friends but I can sense that you had a crush on me *coughs* . Haha so that's when I think you're sweet and unique in your own way. So thank you so much for everything" , she place her head down on Hyomin's shoulder.

 

"You're being cute you know? But now I have you, I'll try out different cupcakes than only red velvet" , she placed a soft peck on Sunny's temple.

"If you do.. make sure you don't fall in love with another girl!"

"I won't you pabo~ I have the most beautiful girl lying down in my arms right now and that's enough."