It's Alright.

It's Alright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m sorry that I made you run all the way here but we have a tight schedule tomorrow.”

“It’s okay, Sunbaenim. Waa, how do you know this place?” I shift the topic, afraid if I would spill out that I also have a schedule early in the morning. It doesn’t really matter to me because I really want to see Hongbin Sunbaenim now. Even when I only just saw his back before, I knew that I won’t regret coming here.

Maybe it’s because I missed him.

“We always come here. The ahjumma’s nice and the food’s delicious too.”

“She must’ve been your fan, right?”

But then, he lets out a chuckle that I feel all nervous again. Did I say something wrong?

“No… She doesn’t even know us –“

 

“Oh, Hongbin-ah! You’re here to eat?”

Our sight went to a lady standing before our table. Clad in a blue apron with her hair tied in a nice bob, I notice that she has some wrinkles on her forehead. But that makes her look so warm and friendly. Her arms are already wrapped around Hongbin Sunbaenim’s shoulders.

“Yes, Ahjumma. What do you want to eat, Youngji-ssi? My treat.” He turns to me that I feel all flustered.

“I, uh, I don’t know…“

“Oh, you’re Hongbin’s girlfriend? I’ve never seen him bring any girl here before.”

I got even more flustered when she asked me that but before I could deny it, Hongbin Sunbaenim quickly cut my words.

“Just bring us your yunny meal like you always give us, Ahjumma. Thanks.”

 

 

“So… How’re you?” He asks as soon as the lady went to the kitchen. Hongbin Sunbaenim then stares at me with those odd pair of eyes. It’s odd on how they always make me feel all nervous.

“I-I’m fine. Congratulations again, Sunbaenim!”

He chuckles again that I thought that I keep saying wrong things tonight. Maybe it’s because I sounded too loud before. I look down, feeling a bit embarrassed.

“Oh, Youngji-ssi. You’re in Roommate now, right? I always watch that show, you know.”

“Really?” I feel elated when he asks me that question. More people know me because of that show and I’m glad that Hongbin Sunbaenim also watches it.

“Those people treat you well?”

“Yes. All of them are nice.”

“I read articles about you and your friend. What was his name…”

“Jacksonnie?”

“Ah, yes. So, is it true?” He raises his brows.

“No, no! We’re just good friends. The PD always keeps telling us to be close. I guess it’s for the ratings.” I explain, feeling a little uncomfortable at the thought of Jackson and I being more than just friends. Many people ask me about that and they keep telling me that they like seeing us together but I’m a hundred percent sure, Jackson Wang would never think of me as more than that.

Because so do I. He’s just a colleague and a good friend to me, nothing more.

“Ah… That’s good.” He shows me a huge grin that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter