If You Lived Here, You’d Be Home by Now

If You Lived Here, You’d Be Home by Now

“Hey,”

 

Minseok who was sitting on a bench turned her head quickly as she heard the familiar voice.

 

“Miss me?”

 

“A...” Minseok gasped a bit and covered with her palms as she saw who owned the voice.

 

Park Chanyeol, her fiancee.

 

“How did you get here?” Minseok quickly approached him and hugged him tight as they never met for the past few months. “How often do you eat a day? You look skinny,” she observed his fiancee carefully from head to toe while loosening her hug a bit.

 

“Did you eat right? How was your work? Is Yunho-sajangnim still charming as usual? How’s your sister? Is she still cheerful? How’s Taemin? Is he—“

 

Minseok turned silent when Chanyeol gave her a deep kiss on the lips. Automatically silence her. The tall guy took off his lips off his short fiancee slowly; then rested his forehead on Minseok’s and let out a deep sigh. Chanyeol slowly pulled Minseok in a tight hug. A really tight hug as if they would never meet again.

 

“I miss you,”

 

The three words slid just like that from Chanyeol’s lips, making Minseok turned a bit tense and thus, making her hugging Chanyeol tighter.

 

“I miss you too,” Minseok replied and felt Chanyeol’s body trembled a bit as she said so. Minseok patted Chanyeol’s back softly and led him to the bench where she sat earlier, still in hugging position.

 

“Why are you not home yet?” Chanyeol asked, still keep hugging Minseok and now burying his head in the smaller figure’s neck, inhaling her sweet and fresh scent. The scent he has missed for a long time.

 

“The bus isn’t coming yet,” Minseok replied, Chanyeol’s hair. “Why are you here? You’re not supposed to be here. Your home is far away from here, isn’t it?”

 

“Hm,” Chanyeol nodded, still burying his face in Minseok’s neck. “I suddenly landed here, as if my knees led me to you,” he murmured slowly. His breath tickled Minseok’s neck, making the small female chuckles.

 

“You should come back,” Minseok whispered, hugging Chanyeol’s neck tighter. But Chanyeol shook his head hard.

 

“Don’t wanna,” Chanyeol mumbles and leaned half of his body weight onto Minseok. “Wanna be with you..”

 

“Hmm..” Minseok inhaled deeply in her lover’s hair. “But if you don’t, Yoora-nuna and your mom will get worried,”

 

“I don’t care,” Chanyeol could feel tears started filling his doe eyes as he felt each of Minseok’s in his hair. “As long as I can be with you—I... I miss you,”

 

Minseok turned silence for a bit, yet her fingers were still brushing through her lover’s hair. Minseok always loved to feel Chanyeol’s hair against his fingers.

 

“Okay,” Minseok softly lifted Chanyeol’s body a bit and wiped Chanyeol’s slight tears. “Don’t worry. Let’s spend time together before you came home,” Minseok gave him a smile, making Chanyeol smiled too.

 

Her smile is always the sweetest, Chanyeol thought.

 

“So,” Minseok pecked the taller guy’s nose and chuckled, “What do you wanna do?”

 

Chanyeol put on his i-am-thinking pose for some seconds before he brought his face closer to the tiny girl. “There’s one thing,”

 

“What is that?” Minseok asked, showing her blinking eyes; her blinking puppy eyes. Chanyeol smirked a bit, showing his dimple as he slowly laid himself on Minseok’s lap.

 

“Sing for me, love,” Chanyeol whispered a bit loud, as he stared at the almost white sky. “I miss listening to your voice til I fall asleep,”

 

“B..but...” Minseok gasped, “I.. I hadn’t sang for quite time... Is that... okay..?”

 

Chanyeol nodded when he heard Minseok’s hesitate tone.

 

“It’s okay... Just..sing me to sleep,”

 

Minseok silenced for awhile before she smiled and start brushing her fingers through Chanyeol’s hair on her lap.

 

“Okay,”

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes as Minseok started singing. Chanyeol grinned; Minseok was singing one of his favorite song, Breath.

 

Nunmuri...ireohke heullonaerimyeon,

Akkideon nae jageun chueogdeulmajeodo,

Eojjojul molla,...

 

Chanyeol let his mind wander as he listened to Minseok’s singing. It felt like years since he heard her singing. He missed this. He missed her voice. He missed it so much—as he knew that he would not hear this voice again if Minseok moved to her new house.

 

Neomu apaseo...

Seoro nohajugil yaksokhaetjiman,

Jasin eobseulttae, gakkeum sumsorirado dullyeojugil...

 

Chanyeol could slightly hear the sound of bus as Minseok finished singing. Chanyeol knew that the bus was coming.

 

“Seok,” Chanyeol whispered, “The bus is here.”

 

“I know,” Minseok answered.

 

“You should go home,”

 

Minseok massaged Chanyeol’s forehead softly, “Not until you fall asleep,”

 

Both of them knew that the bus was not stopping in front of them—eventhough Chanyeol was still closing his eyes.

 

“You should go home!” Chanyeol insisted.

 

“Ssh,” Minseok put her palm on her lover’s eyes. “Just go to sleep, baobei,”

 

Chanyeol’s worry slowly faded as Minseok covered his eyes. He felt really calm as Minseok sang for him again.

 

She sang slowly; almost whispering the notes while brushing her forehead on Chanyeol’s. It didn’t take long until Chanyeol yawned once and started feeling really, really calm as Minseok kissed his forehead.

 

“Sleep tight, Prince,”

 

The last words Chanyeol could hear before he went to his deep slumber.

 

And go home safely,”

 

***

 

Chanyeol tried to open his eyes as he felt some light stinging his head. He moved his eyelids and slowly drew it open as he saw his older sister sobbed next to him.

 

He was confused.

 

It wasn’t his house.

 

All white.

 

He slowly closed his eyes again to remember what he did before he fell asleep.

 

All he could remember was....

 

Ah...

 

The pain when he cut his wrist.

 

His frightened feeling as he saw the red liquid leaked from the cut.

 

He knew he was frightened.

 

But he missed her.

 

What to do....

 

“Chanyeol!” Yoora, his older sister softly took Chanyeol’s palm and squeeze it firmly. “Why are you being like this?!” she sobbed, “I.. I know you miss her...”

 

Ah, Chanyeol thought. Nuna knows about Minseok,

 

“But do this no more!” Yoora was still sobbing as Chanyeol glanced at the ceiling. The meet...was very real.

 

“I’m sure she misses you too... but everything got its time...” she whispered; Chanyeol could hear her voice trembled.

 

“It’s not your time yet to meet her..” Yoora hugged Chanyeol’s head as the tall man started crying silently.

 

The meet felt really real, he thought. I felt like really hearing her sing.

 

“I did sing for you—“

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes as he heard Minseok’s voice whispered out of nowhere. He turned his head desperately, trying to look for his lover; crying even harder along with his sister.

 

He glanced at his wounded wrist. He perhaps should cut it deeper next time. Or just cut the throat instead of wrist. Or...

 

Don’t go now...” Minseok’s voice whispered again. “I will wait for you... No matter how long it takes—

 

Chanyeol felt his tears flowed more as he heard Minseok’s whisper. Perhaps it was only his imagination.

 

But it sounded really real...

 

“The bus will keep coming. I won’t get into one until you come—“

 

Chanyeol’s heart stunned as he slightly saw Minseok from the end of the room.

 

She was glowing—literally. She wore the same clothes as when the accident happened—and the same hairstyle too. She let her wavy hair fell just like that. Chanyeol tried to wave back at her as she waved back and gave Chanyeol her biggest smile.

 

She was waiting.

 

She was close to him.

 

She was in the edge of the room, looking at him and Yoora sobbing together.

 

That moment, he noticed.

 

She never really go home.

 

 ***

 

:"""D I dont know what to say, but comments are always loved :"D and sorry that it is genderbender (I'm just one of the laziest creature in the planet to change the whole 'she' into 'he' and changing here and there. Sorry :"D) I hope you guys can all imagine our Minseok as a cute petite girl beside the tall-giant-like Chanyeol :"D