No Matter What

No Matter What

You didn't know whether to hate or appreciate the picture. 

Your boyfriend's hand was placed over her shoulder, and his head leant towards her in a somewhat innocent way. Her hand was crossed over too and her head was cocked towards him. To be honest, it looked like any other photo between friends. But simply because it was your boyfriend and her, it felt a tad bit hurtful. Especially the comments.

You appreciated the number of comments on the photo. It only indicated that Daehyun was getting more fans and B.A.P was becoming more well-known. But when you read the comments, you wished some of them didn't exist. Especially the latest one that your eyes landed on: DaeYeol for the win! They look so cute tgt!! <3

YeolHyun was a member of the new girl group that debuted recently. She was really pretty and also the main vocal. The first sign of this new pairing was during Show Champion when she stood next to Daehyun. Both were interacting and somehow fancams had uploaded pictures. 

Daehyun had already assured you that it would die out and you felt a little foolish for even getting jealous at something so pointless. But it didn't die out like Daehyun said and when both companies collaborated, the two main vocals had many pictures taken that honestly annoyed you. The pictures only further increased your disappointment and judgement in yourself that you weren't a good enough match for Daehyun.

When Daehyun came back after work that day, you were sitting on the sofa, munching on a granola bar. 

"Hey." Daehyun came forward to kiss your cheek and eyed suspiciously at the snack. "A granola bar at dinner time?" You looked up at his questioning eyes and started to pray that your stomach wouldn't grumble. 

"Not hungry." You answered, looking away almost immediately so Daehyun wouldn't ask you further questions. Truth to be told, you were very, very, very hungry. You had a light lunch, feeling guilty that you had eaten quite a lot for breakfast. It wasn't foreign to both Daehyun and yourself that you normally had a large appetite, so Daehyun still had his suspicions.

"Are you trying to lose weight?" He asked, concern etched into his face as he looked at you earnestly. 

"No." You looked away again and knew you were done for when you heard Daehyun's footsteps approaching. 

"You know you're really bad at lying." He said, using his hands to steer you to look at him, a hint of smile in his words. "Your ears and cheeks are pink. A sign that tells me that you're lying."

"I-I..." You trailed off, attempting to find words to fit your feelings. 

"Why are you doing this?" Daehyun questioned again, much more serious this time.

"I...I wanted to look better to match you." You mumbled, looking down guiltily. You knew Daehyun hated to hear these words but you still had to say it. No matter how many times he assured you, it was still hard for you since he was surrounded with tall, pretty, slim girls at work. Even if you tried to not compare, you would just do it unintentionally. 

"Yah." He said, his voice soft. He tilted your chin up and his eyes bore into yours. "Why would you think that?"

"You deserve better." This time, you answered immediately because these feelings were more true than anything you felt. "I feel so ugly when I look at all those idols around you. I feel like I'm such a failure, a tomboy and I pity you for being stuck with me. I know that you deserve so much better and because I'm selfish, I don't want to let you go. I know you always tell me I'm perfect for you, but when I stare at the mirror, I honestly can't see what you fell for me in the first place. Maybe it was a mistake to make me your girlfriend but I love you, I want you with me. So I'm trying to match up. I know I'll most probably fall way behind those idols since no matter how slim I am, I can never be as pretty and tall like them. Like YeolHyun, she's really really pretty and when she posted your photo with her, everyone was commenting how good you two looked together and it hurts me, because it's so true. You two look so good together that I feel more like an ugly duckling who's holding you back from reaching all the swans. I'm feeling so apologetic that you have to be stuck with me when you have so many other pretty girls out there and yet, I don't want to let you go." You stopped to breathe. 

Tears had pooled in your eyes but you felt lighter, like a burden was lifted away from you as you confessed. Each line more true than the last. A few tears escaped and rolled down your cheeks as you childishly wiped them away with the back of your hand. Now that everything was said, you felt stupid but at least you got your feelings across.

Daehyun grasped your hand to stop you and gently ran his thumb over your cheeks to wipe off the remaining of your tears. "Come here." He said gently and pulled you into the kitchen. 

Daehyun sat you down and set about cooking something. As he worked, both of you were quiet with your occasional sniffles and breathing. When he was done, Daehyun sat the bowl of ramen infront of you. "Eat. I ate outside so now it's time for you to eat." He said, crossing his arms from opposite you to look at you.

"I'm not hungry." You insisted and Daehyun scoffed. 

"Eat. Please. Don't starve yourself." Daehyun said worriedly. He reached for the chopsticks and made sure that you clasped them. "Eat."

You wanted to refuse but Daehyun must have sensed it because he sighed. "Look at me." He commanded and you did. "You, are the most perfect being I laid my eyes upon. You may think you're not the most pretty. But to me, you're more than just pretty, you are absolutely beautiful. You may think you're not slim. But to me, I rather have a girl who eats as much as me, have pride in food as much as me, love food as much as me than some girl who goes on diets to meet ridiculous measurements. You may think you're not tall. But to me, your shortness is part of why you're perfect. If you had been tall, I most probably wouldn't have fallen for you so hard like I did because I'll feel too short. You think you're a tomboy. But to me, the fact that you maybe dress like one sometimes but put in so much effort to change your habits and is actually tender at heart, makes me want to love you and take care of you more. You give me more than anything I ask for and no matter which random idol passes by, I won't even blink an eye because to me, you're more perfect than the pretty, slim and tall idols. You're an angel. I don't care how long or how many times I need to repeat it for you to remember but I'll do it anyway. You, are the best girlfriend I have ever asked for. All your so-called imperfections makes you more perfect than any other girl. You are made for me and you are not not not allowed to doubt yourself ever. I love you, and don't you dare to ever question that." Daehyun looked at you.

Even though you felt like you wanted to cry, you didn't, and instead wanted a hug from Daehyun. One that made all your worries disappear. And the kiss on your forehead that made you smile. And the eyes that make your heart race. As if Daehyun knew it, he walked around the table and pressed you to his chest, pressing a kiss to your hair. He pulled away to look at you and the exact look that made your heart race was right infront of you. 

"I love you. No matter what. Now, eat." Daehyun said, steering you to face the ramen. 

Feeling much much happier, you picked up the chopsticks and swallowed the noodles, warming your body. With love, and food.

A/N: Because I love both Daehyun and food~^^