Mama is real!

Meeting MAMA

Ten pairs of eyes watched as the female blocked their path. Her hands either side of the door frame and her hair falling into her eyes. There was a glint of fear in her hues as she shook her head wildly at their protests.

“We have to pass! We have rehearsal in 30 minutes!” D.O, the shorter male groaned to his elders, “I don’t think she understands Korean!” The girl looked at the clock and winced, she just had to keep there for another minute.

“Do you speak Chinese?” Tao tried his luck, but as her eyes met his he froze, still. The girl was genuinely trying to stop them from leaving, but it seemed she didn’t understand Chinese either.

“Should we just go out the back door?” Suho, the leader of the group, jabbed his thumb behind them and as they made their way towards that door, the female relaxed. Just enough for Kai to dash back and pass her. Her eyes widened and she held out her hands as Kai stood face to face with a car. She watched as a blue mist ejected from her hands, then she pounced knocking the guy over and out of harms way.

“Did..that car just stop still?” Xuimin looked at the female in awe.

“There is no way it didn’t, kai would have been pummeled!” Chanyeol was smiling brightly and kai gave him a scowl, “Not that i’m happy about that…. i just… i’m a happy virus ok?!” The young girl came back to her senses and stood up.

“Thankyou for saving me.” Kai stood and bowed at her. She backed away waving her hands in an ‘it’s ok’ manner. The ten males stood dumbfounded, sure that they had seen the car stop momentarily.

“You knew that was going to happen. We were all going to be in danger….” Lay stepped towards her once, and she copied the step but backwards. “How did you know?”. The female turned silently on her heel and broke out into a run.

“Hey! Wait up!” Chen called, as the ten began to give chase. They watched as she turned a corner and when they followed suit. She was gone.

“Wow she’s fast….” Sehun panted as he leant against the wall, he could do hours of dancing. But, running and him were far from friendly.

“Guys! we are going to be late!” D.O called and they looked back down the road to check for the girl again before hastily making their way to practice. That girl on their minds the entire journey.

“Hey Sehun? Will you get us the water please?” Baekhyun panted as he collapsed to sit on the floor. Sehun barely had time to move before the bottles raised off the table and placed themselves softly beside each member.

“Did you guys see that?!” Chen burst and then glanced over at Tao, who was visibly shaking. “Maybe this place is haunted?” Tao shrieked and Suho shook his head to supress his laughter.

“Jongdae, don’t .” Suho patted the younger male on the back. Xuimin’s attention was on the door, he swore he just saw a small figure through the glass.

“Hey… as we are having a break… should we talk about this girl from earlier?” He casually suggested as he kept his eyes on the door. He wasn’t imagining anything, he was positive there was someone by the door.

“How did she just disappear like that?” Kai shuffled closer to the others as they made a circle.

“How did she stop that car?” Tao hugged his waterbottle, afraid it would float off.

“I think i owe you guys an explanation….” The soft voice caught them all off guard and their heads snapped to the sight of the same girl stood by the door.

“Didn’t we lock the..door?” Chanyeol trailed off as Tao jumped.

“Are you a ghost?!” He looked terrified, very opposite to how he appears when doing his martial arts. They watched as she shook her head.

“You knew about that car...right?” Xuimin blinked over at her and she nodded silently.

“You got through a door which was locked...and stopped a car in it’s place…” Lay added as she nodded again.

“Guys… We aren’t the police! What’s your name?” D.O patted the space next to him and motioned her over.

“Oh!” She bowed and introduced herself, “Hello, I’m JinMae. Nice to meet you.” The ten males bowed their heads in response.

“Now..How did you stop the car?” Suho gently asked, offering her a bottle of water.

“Ah.. urm.. The car…” She chewed on her lip unsure of how to put it.

“Ah shoot!” Sehun dropped the water he was drinking, the eyes in the room watched as the bottle and the water froze in it’s place. Their gaze then turned to the female, who had her hands outstretched.

“Like th..that?” Kai asked as JinMae nodded again. Sehun reached out to poke a water droplet which was hanging in mid air, it rippled but stayed rippled.

“I froze time for that specific object…” JinMae whispered and Tao’s head snapped to the female with that comment.

“Can you use telekinesis too?” He shuffled closer intrigued.

“The water bottles.” Xuimin replied for her.

“The locked door?” Baekhyun asked and again Xuimin replied.

“Teleportation.” Xuimin rubbed his eyes and then looked around at his younger friends, “This girl is Mama….”

“What?!” The room chorused, even JinMae’s voice was heard.

“She has all the powers we did in our concepts. She stopped the car with time, She moved the bottles without touching them and she teleported into the room because it was locked. If i’m right, she can also heal, freeze, set things on fire, fly, control water, earth, wind, lighting and light. Am i right?” She nodded at Xuimins guess.

“Are you human?!” Sehun grinned, but the grin faltered as she shook her head.

“Not...exactly….” She stood and as the males panicked that she was going to leave, she turned and walked touching them each on the head. Then she sat back down silently, waiting for someone to speak.

“Woah” Lay was the first.

“You...have….wings…” Baekhyun hid behind Chanyeol who shrugged and grinned.

“Cool!” That was his only comment. But it made JinMae giggle, and ten eyes swerved back in her direction.

“You are an angel?” D.O seemed so shocked.

“Yes. Well The Main Angel…” She crossed her legs and made herself comfortable, “There are 3 of us. We have 12 powers. Those which Xuimin just mentioned.” Xuimin choked on his water, Nobody had mentioned their names… “And I have an extra ability. I can foresee danger in the paths of the people i am in charge of protecting. I protect those who will join us as Angels when they Die.” She blinked at their open mouths. “What?”

“So you are Mama?” Chen looked the most dumbfounded.

“What is this Mama nonsen….oh! You guys did that song Mama….” She smiled, “I guess i am…”

“And you know our names?” Xuimin placed his bottle down and looked at her intently. JinMae felt herself blush as she nodded.

“I know all ten of you, and the two who have left.” She shifted a little. “You will become Angels when you die. It’s already been decided. For now, i just have to make sure you die at the right times…” She winced, “This sounds crazy right?” The ten males nodded unanimously.

“Do the other two protect us too?” Tao tilted his head picking at the label on his bottle, “I’d like to thank them…”

“No, i’m incharge of all ten of you, and luhan and Kris…..” She glanced at the clock, “Before today… only Luhan knew i existed.”

“Luhan Knew?” Xuimin look like he had been betrayed, “i thought best friends told each other everything….”

“He wanted to…” JinMae ran a hand through her hair and her wings ruffled behind her. “You can’t tell anyone i exist. I can only tell people who i am if i am caught out….” She pulled her legs back up and hugged her knees. “Luhan was suspicious of me after he spotted me following you all. At first he thought i was a fan. Then when he was in danger of death from being attacked….I stopped the attackers…” She trailed off and raised her eyes to look past Baekhyun and Chanyeol into the mirror. “I set fire to their clothes, and then healed them whilst they were unconcious.” There was silence followed by gulps. This girl could have killed them! Now the members were scared….well, except two. Chen seemed completely calm, and Xuimin shuffled himself infront of JinMae.

“It’s ok, they are alive right? You aren’t a killer...You were doing your Job, JinMae.” He placed his hand on her head and ruffled her hair a little.

“Hyung! You barely know her, surely you shouldn’t act so comfortable with her.” Sehun was questioning. Xuimin replied, not moving his eyes from the female infront of him.

“It seems odd, but i feel like we’ve known her forever, like we should all be treating her as family…” JinMae blushed and lowered her gaze to her feet.

“That’s sort of right, Minseok…” JinMae shuffled herself back and stood. “I have to go….”

“Will you be back?” Suho stood up and the others followed suit. JinMae nodded.

“I check in from time to time. I have to go see Luhan, i checked on Kris this morning.” She shuffled her way towards the door.
“JinMae… Wait…” She Turned to see the guys surrounding her, “Say Hello to Luhan for us?” Xuimin placed his hand on her arm and she nodded.
“Sure.” She motioned for them to step away as she the spot and vanished.

“Cool!” Was chorused before suho clapped his hands.
“Come on, time to get back to practice.” He grinned as the guys bounced back into rehearsal, their energy seemingly restored.


 

A few months had passed, The members had performed several times and were sat in their dance studio, playing 007. They were so focused in their game the failed to notice JinMae appear in the corner. JinMae felt a little mischievous, she focused her eyes on Chanyeol’s snapback and lifted it off his head so it was flying over their heads.
“JinMae!” Sehun jumped up and she bowed before flying and catching the snapback. As she landed she handed Chanyeol his hat, then she grinned. She looked older than she had last time the had seen her.

“Nice to see you havent forgotten me!” She sat down and the others surrounded her. “how have you all been?”
“Same as always.” Tao was handing out sodas, “More intrigued to what you have been doing.”

“I Spent last week with Luhan.” She shrugged and Kai pouted.

“Oh so he get’s to see you for a whole week and we see you twice?” He folded his arms and JinMae rolled her eyes at him.

“I’m here for a couple of weeks, I’m going to be Kim JinMae. Chen’s cousin.” She opened her soda. “I’m being punished for revealing myself to you all. I have to live as a human for a month. “ She looked round at their shocked faces. “I already spent one with Luhan, and revealed myself to Kris. He completely freaked out.” She shrugged and let the silence fall in the room.
“My Cousin?! Nobody will believe that….” Chen shook his head. “we don’t even look alike!”

“That’s why….” She turned something on her bracelet and the males gasped, she looked korean!

“Is it bad?” She looked at her reflection in the mirror and the males shook their heads in unison.
“Hey Chen… Your cousin is hot.” Baekhyun snickered.
“Oh, Luhan said hello and he sent this for Lay.” She handed him a music box. As he opened it there was a unicorn dancing on the spot.
“Thankyou” He bowed his head and JinMae smiled. She ran her hand through her hair and then she stood up.
“I have to go make an appearance as Chen’s cousin...before your manager comes in….” Then she disappeared.
“Hello guys! Chen i have had a call from your cousin she’s coming into town.” Chen nodded at the manager.
“Yeah, she should be here soon. She just text me.” He nudged Xuimin, “Shall we go wait for her?” He stood up and pulled Xuimin with him, bowing to the manager as they passed. The manager followed to greet her, The issue was, neither guy remembered what her Korean self looked like.
“JongDae-Oppa!” There she was, wow she really blended in as a normal human. She ran over and hugged Chen. He hugged back a little and then she broke away before bowing to Xuimin and the manager.
“Hello, I’m JongDae’s cousin JinMae. I hope i’m not being a bother.” The manger bowed back and shook his head.
“You’re never a bother…” Xuimin smiled and she followed the two members back to the others.

“So… What do we do now?” Suho asked, “I mean, we will have to go through motions of treating Chen’s cousin to a meal.”
“I vote Chicken!” Kai grinned, as JinMae raised her hand.
“Can we have ramen?” She shifted, “Luhan wouldn’t let me eat anything unhealthy whilst i was with him…”

The males chuckled and agreed to eat ramen. Kai and Sehun were sent to go and get it whilst the others sat waiting for them.
“Guys….we can’t go out tonight now. It would be odd for us all to be with one girl….” Baekhyun nudged Chen.
“I’ll call my mom...one second.. i have an idea.” He pulled out his phone and waitied for his mom to answer.
“Umma! we are gong out tonight, there will be a girl with us, if it comes out in the press that she is my cousin...can you just ignore it?” He went silent for a moment and his eyes swerved around the room. “Uhhh, she’s….Minseok-hyung girlfriend?” JinMae who had been copying Tao with his martial arts slipped over in shock.
“Eh?!” Xuimin’s eyes widened dramatically. “My what?” He gaze fell on the young female, her eyes were just as wide and she blushing like mad. Chen hung up the phone proud of himself.
“I could have just stayed in the dorm…..” She trailed off. “Plus.. i have nothing to wear…”

“Ah, but we have the magic of Baekhyun!” D.O pointed out, and the others smiled at the young girl, “Why do you look so scared?” D.O teased.

“I’ve never been out on earth…..” She chewed her lip. “I’m not sure.. i wouldn’t want to embarrass you all….”

“Pfft. As if our allmighty savior would ever!” Chanyeol grinned and she rolled her eyes at him.
“You know… you seem ifferent this time… more comfortable.” Xuimin commented.
“Yeah she hass more sass now” Tao sat himself down.

“I just grew up” She shrugged.
“Hey...how old are you exactly?” Chen asked as he opened the door for kai and Sehun.
“Uh… 22? After a certain point i stop growing. i think about 25.” She gratefully took the ramen from Sehun and chopsticks from Kai. “When you all become angels you’ll return to this youth too.” She opened her ramen and dug in struggling a little. “These things are so hard!” She eyed her chopsticks. “Luhan tried to teach me. Failed miserably…”

“Here.” Xuimin placed his hand over hers and placed her fingers correctly before showing her how to pick up the noodles. “Better?” JinMae nodded and hid her red cheeks behind he ramen.

“Thanks….” She suddenly froze, her eyes glazing over, her head snapped to the door and she hissed, similar to a cat, as Krystal came in through the door.
“JinMae!” Chen scolded, but she wasnt paying attention she hid behind Tao and Chanyeol.

“Chen! i heard your cousin was in town.” Krystal smiled sweetly and JinMae felt sick to her stomach.

“She’s a bit shy” Suho interjected smoothly, “She’s knew to being around Idols. You’ll have to forgive her.”

“Ouch…” Chanyeol looked down at the nails digging into his arm. JinMae was pettrified.

“Oh.. my she’s so adorable, and so...Angel-like!” Krystal cooed before she was ushured out the studio.

“What was all that about?!” Ten hues eyed the shaking girl. She shook her head, not wanting to mention anything she wasn’t sure of. Truth was she had reacted on instinct. She had never met Krystal before. But, she was sure she didn’t like her one bit.

“Let her be.” Suho ushered the guys away from crowding around the girl. “oh...she’s gone..” They searched under all the tables and behind the sofa.

“Where did she go now?” Chen groaned, “This cousin is giving me a headache….” There was a soft pop in the corner as JinMae returned to them.

“Ok...lets go get ready to go out!” She grinned and then hooked her arm through Baekhyuns.

“Aren’t you going to explain..” Baekhyun started, but as she shook her head he stopped.

“All in good time…” She smiled and allowed herself to lead the male towards the exit. “I want to enjoy my time as a human with you all.”

 

“Who’s idea was it to let her drink?” D.O scolded the other members who simply shuffled their feet. JinMae was fast asleep on Tao’s back, Xuimin carrying her coat and heels.

“Kai started it by buying her a drink to thank her for saving him.” Chanyeol shrugged and hoisted the drunk baekhyun on his back, up a little.

“Hey, where is she going to sleep? We didn’t even think about this before we went out…” Sehun, pointed around, “We are all guys…”

“She can sleep in Luhan’s room. It still smells like him, she might be more comfortable.” Xuimin reached up and brushed JinMae’s hair away from her eyes. “Afterall she’s closer with him right?”

“Wow….that jelousy…” Kai teased his hyung. And Xuimin rolled his eyes. “Wait you aren’t denying it?”

“So what if i am jelous? It’s not like Luhan has stopped being my best friend….” He shrugged and Sehun shook his head.

“You like her...Kai didn’t mean Luhan.” Sehun dashed infront of them all and looked Xuimin in the eye.

“Oh…” Xuimin shrugged again and flashed his ID to the security. “She’s with us, She’s Chen’s cousin.” The security bowed and let them pass. JinMae stirred as she was put on the couch. The Exo-k members were in their dorm next to the M dorm.

“Let’s go and set up Luhan’s bed for her.” Tao and Lay wandered off and Just as Chen and Xuimin went to do the same JinMae whimpered in her sleep.

“Bad, Bad Angel.” She reached out over chen’s arm and clasping at his shirt, her hand travelling until it found Xuimins. she clasped it tightly. “Something worse, must protect Minseok...must protect Exo….” Xuimin squeezed her hand gently and as her face relaxed again he slipped his hand out of hers.
“Not a word Jongdae….” He shuffled himself back and just simply watched the girl.
“I think she likes you…” Chen shrugged, “She mentioned you then.”

“I called luhan. She sleeps better next to someone, she has visions as she sleeps. If there is a bad one, someone needs to be there.” Xuimin leant forward and glanced up at Chen. “Shall we see who is…..”

“Bed’s done… But i don’t think we should move her…” Lay leant against the wall, as Tao came through with two quilts.

“We heard what you said. Xuimin hyung is the closest to luhan… she might feel better around you.” Tao dumped one quilt on the floor and lay the other over the female form. Her timer on her watch beeped and her disguise disappeared. Her one wing sticking stubbornly out from under the quilt.

“That settles it. Night Hyung!” Chen stood up a dragged the other two away. Xuimin sat with his mouth open for a few seconds, before he felt soft skin on his hand again. It really seemed like she was reaching out to him. He placed his hand in hers and laced their fingers together, reaching for his quilt with one hand. He drapped it over her so that she would stay warm and tucked her wing in before kneeling on the floor and resting his head beside hers. When JinMae awoke, her wings stretched themselves and as her vision cleared her face filled with a blush. Her hand was being squeezed tightly and she was staring at the sleeping face of Xuimin. She reached her free hand up and her hand through his hair.

“You’re awake?” His eyes opened and she retracted her hand quickly at being caught. She nodded.

“So are you…” She trailed off and he smiled tiredly.

“Couldn’t sleep, Luhan told me about your visions, so i stayed to make sure you were ok. plus..” He held up the hands. “You kind of wouldn’t let me go….”

“I’m so sorry!” She sat up and bowed her head, releasing his hand. He shook his head and pulled himself up to sit next to her.

“It’s ok, i get it. I’m close to luhan, you probably feel more comfortable around me than the others.”

“Actually it’s the other way around…” She chewed her lip.

“How does that make sense? You knew Luhan first.” Xuimin shivered and JinMae offered him the second quilt, which he took gratefully. “Thankyou”

“Because they were selceted..because of you.” She wrapped herself in her wings, “You were born first, selected first. For the first decade of our lives we age really fast, then after we hit teen years it begins to slow down. You’re the main reason i protect twelve. You alone are the reason the Angels will grow. Does this make sense to you?”

“Hold on...You chose...me?” He looked at he bewildered.

“Yes.” She nodded and yawned. “You have the right emotional balance. But it also makes you a target, for the bad angel.” Xuimin pulled her wrist so that she lay across his lap.

“Sleep, you can tell us about bad Angel tomorrow.” He patted her shoulder and hummed.

“I can’t…” her voice was barely audible from beneath her wing. Xuimin hummed questioningly.

“She’s here.. the bad angel. There used to be four of us angels, one of us four didn’t want to accept male angels. After you were chosen, she flipped out and left. She attatches herself to pretty girls here on earth and she seduces the males. Tempts the into early deaths, or to fall in love with her. When she succeeds we can no longer protect those that us remaining three protect. You know that saying you humans have… the one where love conquers all? I didn’t think it was true. But, the only case i have ever known was my mother. She fell in love with a human, he became cursed by a shadow lady, she seduced him and he went bad. My mother gave him her first and last kiss. He died as did she, he never became the angel he was supposed to and she was thrown into god knows where.” She rolled onto her back and looked up at Xuimin. “The fate of 12 lies in my hands. I protect you all, because it is my duty. I protect you all because i want to.” She rolled herself back over and played with the feathers of her wings.

“Woah, this is a lot to take in. But, everything is starting make sense.” Xuimin rubbed his eyes sleepily. “I am curious about something. You were having a vision earlier, you know who the bad angel is right now...don’t you? and you said something worse is coming.” JinMae, suprised by his questions, rolled off his lap with a thud.

“I do know… and you all do too.” She shuffled herself back as Xuimin slipped to sit on the floor too, keeping their eyes locked.

“And...the worse?” He reached out and placed his hand over hers, giving it a soft squeeze of encouragement.

“The shadows, bad angel has been collecting them… they are going to attack. You..you’re in massive danger. If you fall in love with the bad angel, they will be no stopping her or the evil she works for.”

“What if i’m already in love? surely she can’t do anything then?” He shuffled a little closer to JinMae and placed his arm around her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her. “besides, if anything happens to you, love conquers all right?” JinMae looked up at him, her cheeks turning pink. “We can just let you kiss luhan….right?”

“I don’t think you understood.” JinMae shook her head and stood up, “I’m going to visit Luhan.” And with that she was gone again. Xuimin sighed and placed his hand on his chest, his heart hurt. He pulled out his phone and as he was about to type in a number, Luhan’s number came up on the screen.

“What did you do hyung?! JinMae’s just collapsed on my floor!” Luhan’s voice was panicked.

“I told her if theres any trouble of evil you two could kiss and she would be fine.” Xuimin pulled his shoes on and grabbed his coat, He needed air.

“No offence Hyung, but you’re completely oblivious. Only the guy she is in love with can kiss her in that situation! Are you going to ignore your growing feelings for her?!” Luhan scowled, “Oh crap, i just made my table move..without touching it.”
“luhan, i’ll call you back” Xuimin froze as he spotted Krystal in the halls. Only, she had black wings, and was surrounded by dark figures. He slipped himself back into the dorm and called luhan straight away. “Bad Angel sighted, when she wakes up, call me. We all need to talk.”

 


So this is the first part of my one-shot exo sequel. Let me know what you guys all think! and i'll start writing the second one next week. subscribe to this one to be able to find the second part! ok.. i know i said ot10. but... luhan and kris were involved in mama so i had to involve them a little.