Happy New Year

New Year


Hoya was a typical normal high school students. He admitted it himself. He wasn't too tall, his body wasn't fat nor thin (but he was quite muscular). His face was normal, his grade was also standard. He was friends with everyone, but it does not mean he was a social butterfly. The difference between him and other students was his love for dance. That's it. (and the fact that he's bi, though he wasn't sure about it himself).

Today, is the 5th day of the winter break. He attended a boarding school and prefered to live in a dorm this holiday. After all, his parents were away on vacation.

"You don't go home, Hoya?" Hoya looked over and saw Minsoo -his roommate- finished packing his stuffs.

"Nope, my family went on vacation."

"Oh. Goodbye then, merry christmas and happy new year." said Minsoo and went out of his room.

"Merry Christmas." Hoya laid down on the mattress. He was bored. His friends went home, only a few students who did not come home. He wanted to take his manhwa when his stomach grumbled.

"." Hoya opened the drawer and took out a ramen cup. He got up and opened the door. He wanted to go to the cafeteria to ask for hot water.

The corridor in front of his room was quiet. Indeed, there were a few students, but still. Hoya ran while occasionally greeted his friends or seniors. In the cafeteria there were only a few students. He went to the kitchen to ask for hot water.

"Auntie! Can I ask for hot water?"

Not long after, Hoya was sitting at the cafeteria table with a steaming ramen in front of him. He just ate it, when someone sat in front of him. He looked up and saw a brunette boy with full lips smiled at him.

"Dongwoo-ssi."

"You do not mind if I sit here right, Hoya?" Hoya shook his head and continued eating his ramen. Dongwoo was busy playing with his cell phone before he turned it off. "You're not going home?"

"My family is away on a vacation. You?" Hoya asked.

"Same. I wanted to go to my grandpa's house, but his house is far away." Dongwoo took a pair of chopsticks and ate Hoya's ramen. "Hey, are you free Saturday night? Kibum will throw a new year party and invite all the students that stayed here."

"I don't know. I think i'll stay in my room." Hoya's answer made him pursing his lips. He hold Hoya's hand and shook it. Making Hoya upset.

"Come on ~" Dongwoo looked around, as if someone was eavesdropping their conversation. He leaned forward to whisper in Hoya's ear. "... I heard he also invites the girls from Hwangjin high ."

Hoya froze.

"Well, if you don't want to." Dongwoo started to get up before Hoya spoke

"What time?"

"Eight."

"I'm coming." Dongwoo smiled and patted Hoya's back.

"Good!"

.

.

.

Hoya walked to his room, humming. He did not get to eat his ramyeon, because it has been taken over by Dongwoo. He took his room key and open the door when the door of the room across opened and a boy stumbled upon him. The boy looked up.

'Nam Woohyun.'

"A-ah, sorry." He covered his face with his hand. Hoya can guessed it, the smell of alcohol. Nam Woohyun's mouth smelled like alcohol. And he remembered, alcohol is prohibited in the dormitory.

"You've been drinking ...?"

"Shh, don't tell anyone!" Woohyun put his finger in front of Hoya's lips. He looked around before walking away. "Annyeong, Howon-ssi ~!"

Hoya shook his head and went into his room.


.

.

.

.

Hoya knocked Kibum's door. A minute later, the blonde boy opened the door

"Hey Howon!" he said.

"Hoya."

"I thought you wouldn't come! Come on in!" Kibum pulled Hoya's hand then locked the door. "Have fun!" Kibum patted his shoulder and then walked away.

Hoya regret his decision. Kibum's room filled with many people and-oh, many girls as well. He recalled, the school doesn't allow them to bring girls to the dorm. They put on some music that made him dizzy. He never liked crowds. Hoya took a plastic cup (it looks like a soda) and drink it.

"Aish!" Hoya almost spit out his drink. Bitter.

. Don't tell me this is alcohol.

"Hey!" Someone tapped his shoulder. He turned and saw Dongwoo with his gummy smile. Dongwoo glanced at Hoya's glass in his hand before asked. "As I recall you don't like a cold beer?"

"This is beer ?! Dammit, I thought it was soda." Hoya hastily put down his glass before someone stopped him. He drank Hoya's beer in one shot. He grimaced before he put the glass back.

"Woohyun-ssi."

"Well, Lee Howon!" Woohyun raised his index finger in front of Hoya's face. Woohyun pouted his lips with a look of annoyance. Hoya shook his head when he saw Woohyun's eyes was clouded. He was drunk."You ... Alcohol ... it is a gift from God ~! I can't let you waste it ~!"

"Aish, you're drunk!" Dongwoo put his arm around Woohyun's shoulder. Woohyun looked at him before he lectured Hoya about alcohol. Dongwoo was too busy flirting with some girls.

"Hoya, do you want to go home?" asked Dongwoo.

"YES."

"You just came here like 5 minutes ago!" Woohyun muttered.

"I don't like party. Even now I came just because of the girls."

"Come on, the night is still young! You haven't even talk with the girls yet." Dongwoo said. He pulled Woohyun by the arm while Hoya only followed him. They stopped in front of a a group of girls in the middle of a conversation. "Ladies, this is my friend. Lee Hoya."

"Lee Hoya imnida." He smiled at the girls.

"Ah, you're so handsome Hoya-ssi." said one brunette girl. Hoya just smiled and say thank you.Dongwoo was busy chatting with the girls while Woohyun was busy rambling about alcohol and wanted to go back to his room.

"H-Hoya-ssi, Park Chorong imnida." A girl with bangs shook Hoya's hands. She bit her lips before asking. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

'Isn't it impolite to ask that to a person you've just met?'

"For now none, why?"

"Are you free next week? I-"

"Sorry miss, but Howon have an appointment with me next week." Woohyun interrupted. Hoya grumbled but Woohyun hastily cut him. "Didn't you said there's a movie you wanted to watch in 15 minutes? Let's go, Howon." Woohyun took Hoya's hand, away from the girls.

"Hey Kibum, i'm outta here 'kay?" Woohyun hastily pulled Hoya out before Kibum could ask anything. Hoya still confused, realized Woohyun was still holding his hands.

"Ah, sorry." Woohyun said, and let go of Hoya's hand. Hoya just nodded and was about to walk into his room. "Howon-ssi. Can you accompany me?"

.

.

.

"We're not even close Woohyun." Hoya said as he sat next to Woohyun. Woohyun took him to the basketball court behind the dorm. Woohyun just nodded and circled his arms around his knees.

"I know."

"We only greeted each other and chatted once or twice."

"I know."

"You're interested in music and I'm interested in sports."

"I know."

"You're a social butterfly while I'm more towards the introverted."

"I like you." Woohyun said. Woohyun stared at Hoya before turning his gaze to the sky. Hoya stared at Woohyun, confused . "It was in the new student acceptance speech when I saw you fall asleep with your head resting on the Dongwoo's shoulder. I thought, 'doesn't it will hurt your neck? Because my neck will definitely hurt if i fall asleep like that.' And oh, your face was so peaceful when you were sleeping. "

"Then I saw you at the athletic club, I think 'wasn't he the one who was sleeping at the speech? His face looks so serious now.' I was curious about you. I started to watched you, and one day i realized that I like you. "

"Oh wow." Hoya said. Woohyun nodded, his hands were paying wih the tip of his jacket. He felt uncomfortable. "You really like me? This is not a bet or something right?"

"Yes."

"Wow, I'm still confused." Hoya said. "You feel curious because my face could turn out to be so serious and like me?"

"You don't need a reason to like someone. Without you knowing it, suddenly you like that person." Woohyun shifted to get closer. He grabbed Hoya hands on his lap. "Like this. You feel something?"

"Your hands are warm." Woohyun laughed at the answer.

"Cute, but that's not what I meant. I am nervous and embarrassed right now." Woohyun slipped his fingers in between Hoya's fingers and tightened his grip. "My hands are sweating, my breath caught, my heart beats faster, and if there is glass I'm sure there is a tinge of pink on my cheeks."

Hoya stared at their hand. He did not feel anything. Maybe a little touched but nothing more.

"I knew you didn't feel anything." Woohyun moaned. He let go of his grip and Hoya felt sad. Woohyun's hands were warm, he liked it.

"Sorry." Hoya bowed his head. He didn't know why he apologized when he didn't do anything. Woohyun smiled and shook his head.

"It's okay, because from now on I'll make you to always think of me and I will definitely make you like me." Woohyun kissed Hoya's cheek

"Well, I'll definitely wait for that day."

*shhh*

*boom*

"It's already twelve o'clock, huh?" said Woohyun. "Happy new year."

"Happy new year." Hoya rubbed his hands with Woohyun's. "I'm sorry, we didn't get to know each other last  year."

"It's fine, let's start again from the beginning this year." Woohyun shook Hoya's hand. "I'm Nam Woohyun, a sophomore. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Lee Hoya, sophomore. Nice to meet you too."

-fin-

I don't know what is the sfx for fireworks.....