A Confession . . ?

Waiting for the Spring of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 01

At Busan High School, class 1-C.

Students were busy chatting during lunchtime. Everyone have their own company.

Except for Dara. She prefers being alone and thinking of her childhood playmate whom she misses so much. She was looking down at the picture in her phone.

It was a crying little Dara hugged by a blonde beautiful boyish girl.

 

‘XXXX-chan, I still haven’t changed. It’s been five years since you left. Still no friends. Am I still scared somewhere in my heart?’

 

 

When the night is dark and stormy

You won't have to reach out for me

I will come to you, Ohh I will come to you~

(Title of the song: I will come to you – Hanson)

 

Her phone suddenly rang that made the whole class halt and turn to her. She immediately picked it.

It was her mom. Her phones not in silent since there’s no one would try to call her during classes’ time, so it caught her classmates attention. And who wouldn’t with that ringtone she has.

 

“Mom?” she says in a low voice but enough so that the other line could hear her. Everyone went on with their chattering again.

“Dara~ did you make friends already like I told you?” her mother asked in a cheerful tone.

Her mom has been pestering her to bring some friends home. It was her dream, to chat with her daughter’s friends, to see Dara talk a lot and laugh. Dara talks a lot and laugh, but only to her mom. So she wants her daughter to open up with other people.

“I was talking with my friend, mom, but you called and made her fly.” that was a lie. And her mother knew.

“Dara, don’t do that to yourself. Open up, okay. Be sure to bring a lot of them.” Dara sighed.

“I have to go, I want to make chiffon cake for the new neighbor that just moved today, arrasso?”

“I’ll try. Take care mom .” And she hunged up.

 

She positioned to stand to try conversing with her classmates.

She wanted to change herself, that’s why she chose a far away highschool, but..

 

 

It’s almost three months already, and so far, no result.

‘You can do it Dara.’ She mentally cheered.

 

“Girls, have you tried the newly opened Ice cream shop just across the school?” Tifanny, her classmate said while holding a flyer.

“Waah~ that looks totally delicious!? Let’s eat them now!” Jessica said. And the girl squealed and agreed to go.

‘I saw that flyer too.’ Dara thought.

“Won’t you go with us, Yoona-ssi?” Jessica asked the bored girl beside her.

She looked at the two for a couple of seconds first then nodded. “Sure.”

“But let’s throw this out first.” Jessica, a clean-freak held the trash bin to throw it.

Then Dara stood in front of them. “Can I. . ? umm”

They were surprised since it was the first time Dara talked to them, no, to anyone other than the teachers.

“Eh? Sorry. What did you say Sandara Park-ssi?” Yoona answered for them since the two was still in shocked.

“I-… can,” she was stuttering. So she took the trash from Jessica’s hands instead.

 

 

“throw these for you, I don’t have anything to do anyway.” She bowed and hurriedly left.

 

“Eeeehh??” was the only thing Tifanny could make when she left. “Who was that??”

“Duh! Our classmate, Park Sandara!” Jessica said while looking for her wallet in her bag.

“But I never noticed her ever since, is she new?”

Jessica just shook her head in disbelief for what her friend said, then took out a hand sanitizer on her pocket.

She finally found her wallet then stood. “Let’s go?”

 

 

Dara’s POV

It’s not like I want to be a good person or anything. I just want to be able to speak my mind, to say what I really feel. To be able to socialize with people without any fears.

“You’re unbelievable Dara!” I mentally punched myself.

“Is it really that hard to say ‘Can I eat Ice cream with you guys?’, tch!”

Everyone went to the same middle school so they knew each other.

But Yoona-ssi who came from other school like me was able to blend with them.

Maybe I’m just so used to it that it’s scaring them away.

I looked at the trash I was carrying. “Really? Aughh!”

The nervousness I feel right now is different from before, yet things still won’t go well for me.

 

 

 

 

“XXXX-chan!!” She sobbed. Then a ball came flying towards her and hit her shoulder. The trash fell and some of it scattered on the ground.

“Ouch!” she glared at the ball that hit her.

 

“Hey! Are you okay?” a guy called out from the fenced basketball court. “Sorry but could you throw back that ball to us?”

She picked the ball, and it reminded her of her friend, XXXX-chan loved playing basketball. Although she never understood why would a girl like her have likings of playing them?

She turned to the guy behind the fences. She took a step then suddenly someone pushes her which made her fall. It was like a football plays the way she was pushed.

She swears she heard that person say “Don’t touch it!”

‘Oouucch! What the heck was that? She completely shoved me away’ a tall girl forcefully grabbed the ball from her grip and glared at her. It was Krystal Jung from class 1-A, the infamous girl from their school for her figure and beauty and intelligent. Dara’s clean-freak-classmate Jessica  Jung is her twin sister. But Jessica resembles only her beauty since she’s petite and not that intelligent. And Jessica was a sweet girl and her twin was the twist of a sweet&sour girl, if there’s even a person like that.

If her eyes could be interpreted, it was as if she has punched Dara three times already.

She smiled sweetly before turning to the guy at the fence.

“Yes! Luhan-ssi, here’s the ball.” she ran to him so swiftly with her hips swaying from side to side making her look like a model of some energy drink.

“Thanks.” said the guy.

 

Dara just frowned. “What a day!”

She picked the trashes and finally threw them away.

 

When the class ended, everyone excluding two students went out, Dara didn’t left yet since she was assigned to clean their classroom. The other was asleep.

She took the mop from the janitor’s quarter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter